Which of your handguns do you shoot best?

Which of your handguns do you shoot best? I went to the range today and put 50 rounds thru each of my handguns(other than my s&w 642, no ammo) at 25-30 feet. Results were my Ruger Mark III was most accurate(which doesn't surprise me). Next was the Taurus PT99AF(I just bought it last week). Then the G27 and lastly the G23. I was surprised how well I shot the Taurus, a little dissappointed in how poorly I shot the G23 and happy with G27 groupings since that is my carry gun. The G23 feels the best in my hands but that didn't translate in my shots. I've only put 150 rounds through the Taurus(about half of the Glocks) and had nice tight grouping. I've only been shooting for 2 1/2months so I am still very much a beginner.

S&W Pro Series 9mm 1911

1911-pro.jpg

By far the Ruger Mark III with red dot scope on it. I can consistently hit a 3" spinner at 35 yards (and 2" spinner most of the time at that distance). With anything else, not quite as accurate.

Which of your handguns do you shoot best? I went to the range today and put 50 rounds thru each of my handguns(other than my s&w 642, no ammo) at 25-30 feet. Results were my Ruger Mark III was most accurate(which doesn't surprise me). Next was the Taurus PT99AF(I just bought it last week). Then the G27 and lastly the G23. I was surprised how well I shot the Taurus, a little dissappointed in how poorly I shot the G23 and happy with G27 groupings since that is my carry gun. The G23 feels the best in my hands but that didn't translate in my shots. I've only put 150 rounds through the Taurus(about half of the Glocks) and had nice tight grouping. I've only been shooting for 2 1/2months so I am still very much a beginner.

My Springfield 1911...but then, I haven't shot my MkIII yet, so I'll (hopefully) have more info after this weekend [grin]

4 guns in 2 1/2 months? Someone has their priorities right [smile]

Actually 5 handguns and 1 rifle[smile]

705squat, maybe you should spend more time with just one gun. For awhile, like a month or so. Shooting many different guns with different feels doesn't help you improve your accuracy. Pick a favorite and start there.

Have you ever heard the old saw about the man with one gun? Well having too many guns sometimes is a bad thing. I shot much better when I only owned 2 or 3 pistols.

705squat, maybe you should spend more time with just one gun. For awhile, like a month or so. Shooting many different guns with different feels doesn't help you improve your accuracy. Pick a favorite and start there.

Have you ever heard the old saw about the man with one gun? Well having too many guns sometimes is a bad thing. I shot much better when I only owned 2 or 3 pistols.

Everyone seems to be saying: "This." these days, so I'll jump on the bandwagon: This.

As for which gun I shoot best, I'd have to say it's my most recent: Heckler & Koch USP45. I'm in love....[kiss]

You are probally right. I do normally bring just one with me at a time and usually rotate which one.

"best" is the 22A, but that doesn't really count...

After that, the 226, then the M&P45 as a close 2nd...

The M&P45 has required MANY rounds of practice to reach the degree of comfort as the 226 came with from the factory (though both have had trigger work now)...

But my work with the M&P has not hurt the 226...

Back
Top Bottom