Which of your handguns do you shoot best?

DSC00334.jpg

This

Scarily accurate and powerful as hell

Like many other responses............s&w 1911sc.
However I only have one other handgun, a glock26. Still trying to figure out that little bugger.

ace57

Depends on what best means. My SW1911 5" stainless is the most accurate, but my Sig P229 9mm is faster out of the holster and with follow-up shots and transitions.

S&W 1911..again
I tend to compare all of my handguns to the 1911. And wish that I could shoot all of them as well as the 1911. It just feels so right in the hand that it is almost effortless to get on target. Point and pull [smile]

For me it's either my Sig P229 .40 or my Sig P250 9mm both have DAK triggers and came up from Florida with me (I carry the P229). As for a wheel gun an S&W .38 snub Airlight is hard to beat.

This thread seems to say that 1911's are the most accurate. I tend to agree.

I think we should make a distinction here.

When some of us say, "this gun is more accurate than that one"... do we really mean "I naturally shoot this gun better than that one"?

I ask because 99% of these guns... Glocks, Sigs, 1911's, HK's, etc... are all more accurate than we are. ie; they are all accurate enough to put all their rounds through the X ring if the SHOOTER does his/her part.

When someone says "My 1911 is much more accurate than my other handguns" they really mean "I shoot my 1911 better than my other handguns". Emphasis on the shooter.

It really has nothing to do with the inherent accuracy of the handguns. It has to do with the grip angle, and ergonomics, etc... and how one gun will "fit" a particular shooter better.

I just don't want newbies to read this thread and actually think that 1911's are inherently more accurate than Glocks, Sigs, HK's, etc. They aren't. [grin]

Disclaimer: Don't get me wrong... I love 1911's.... and Glocks... and Sigs and HK's. And if I were to answer the OP... I shoot Glocks the best. The grip angle is perfect for me such that when holding the gun at low ready with a natural grip... if I close my eyes... raise the gun up to where I think it's on target... when I open my eyes... the sights are perfectly lined up... and usually right on target. When I try this with a 1911, Sig, or HK (or anything else) the front sight always ends up low.

But even though I shoot Glocks better naturally... I can still pick up any of the others and make a ragged hole in the black. (that was so racist of me! [shocked])

Last edited:
The one I have in my hand at the time, actually my Ruger345 is probably the one that fits me the best and i have shot the most. I have sigs, 1911s and m&p 40 and a few revolvers to name a few. just haven't spent as much time with them. the more time you put into the better you shoot. Unless of course you suck.

The one I have in my hand at the time, actually my Ruger345 is probably the one that fits me the best and i have shot the most. I have sigs, 1911s and m&p 40 and a few revolvers to name a few. just haven't spent as much time with them. the more time you put into the better you shoot. Unless of course you suck.

Hear you and agree. You always are best with what you shoot most and are "comfortable" with. As an aside, am getting to love my 625 (.45 ACP). Had to send it back to the factory. No brand of moonclips would feed reliably...always had to "jiggle" and "jiggle" just to get rounds inserted.

They took care of it admirably. Now all feeds very slick. For whatever reason, I feel very comfortable with this revolver. Replaced the wood with rubber, and it just seems to "fit my hand". Guess I just love ACP. [wink]

I take three to the range with me:

Glock 26
S&W Snubnose .38
PPK .380

The Glock is the worst!!! The PPK and Snubnose KILL it hands down...I can't understand why, but I hear the same from a lot of people on here...it amazes me that a snubnose is more accurate than my Glock...wow...lol

Like somebody already said, it is not the gun but the shooter. Obviously all depends on how many rounds and at what distance we are talking about, it is not the same 100 rounds with a Glock, S&W, Kimber, etc., at 25 yards than 100 rounds with the German Wk 361 LP grenade projector.

I shoot my Sig 239 best. However, I've only had my Glock 17 long enough to take it to the range once, so I'm still getting used to the feel of it.

Back
Top Bottom