What's your first gun (and can you part with it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Red Ryder bb gun, my mom made me sell it because she thought I would shoot my eye out.

Colt MK VI Series 70. Only way I'm parting with the gun is when I'm dead and burried. That is only after my express wishes are not filled to be buried with it.

My first rifle was a ruger 10/22T sold that. My first pistol was a colt 1991 5" Still have it and will not sell it.

My first gun was a 2nd Gen Glock 19.

Sold it to purchase something else.

Regretted selling it so I found and purchased a 2nd Gen Glock 19 with a 3rd Gen replacement frame.

Sold it to fund another purchase.

Regretted selling it so I purchased a 3rd Gen Glock 19.

Immediately regretted it AGAIN... and found a 3rd Gen Glock 19C and figured this would be cooler than a G19.

Didn't like it as much as a non-ported G19 so I sold it.

Purchased my 5th and FINAL G19... 3rd Gen ...and I'm never ever ever letting this one go.

I think I've learned my lesson [wink]

I got a Smith & Wesson 22A pistol, with the long barrel.

I sold it after a while because the grip was a little too fat for me, and I had my eye on a Browning Buckmark,.

Purchased my 5th and FINAL G19... 3rd Gen ...and I'm never ever ever letting this one go.

Hey it only took me THREE G19s to learn that I was a moron for selling the first one! [laugh]

-Mike

First gun was full size M&P9. Still own it, but I'd sell it.
First long gun is a Browning A-5 light 12. Handed down to me from my uncle. I might not fire it ever again, I really did not enjoy shooting it but I'll never sell it. I'll pass it down if I ever have kids.

Mine was a Mossburg 500 I bought when I turned 18. I still have it and it's not worth much so I'll keep it. I'd get rid of it if the situation aroze. I have never sold or traded any of my guns so I'll probably just keep it.

Regretted selling it so I found and purchased a 2nd Gen Glock 19 with a 3rd Gen replacement frame.

Immediately regretted it AGAIN... and found a 3rd Gen Glock 19C and figured this would be cooler than a G19.

Sorry....but I have to point this out.....the definition of stupidity.....repeating the same actions over and over again, expecting a different result.

First gun?

A Harrington & Richardson single-shot 20-GA shotgun, Christmas 1960. I still have it.

Oh, this one will chap some asses here.....my father gave a very nice Browning 12 ga. over/under (from my grandfather) and his Colt 1911 from the Korean War to my brother in-law. Now he never asked my brother or I if we wanted them. My BIL wanted them and my father figured they would stay in the family. Now these were SUPPOSED to be my first guns. The damn lying SOB sold them within a month. How's that for a kick in the church bells? Needless to say, one of the many reasons we don't talk with him or my sister anymore.

First long gun I bought right after getting my FID was a Marlin semi-auto .22 with a scope. I was sickeningly accurate with that thing. Traded it away towards a Glock a few years later. First handgun I bought when I got my LTC was a cheap Hungarian knock-off of a PPK/s brand new in the box. That thing didn't function for crap and I ended up trading it back to the dealer (at a loss) right after I puchased my second handgun; Colt series 70 gov't. Still have that. Will not part with it.

Sorry....but I have to point this out.....the definition of stupidity.....repeating the same actions over and over again, expecting a different result.

Thank you Captain Obvious [laugh]

I thought I had already clearly pointed it out [wink]

My first was a Sig 229 in .40 S&W. It has also NEVER had a failure after all these years (Feed, Fire, Eject, etc.). I will never sell it. Then again, I have never sold anything that I have ever added to the family arsenal.

/John

LOL!! That's awesome....don't sweat it you had fun taking all those new Glock boxes home all those times....

Could be a lot worse....some guys are on their fifth wife and haven't learned their lesson....now that's a lot worse than buying 5 glocks!

So.....how much do you want for that G19?

Last edited:
A used Sig 226 9mm at the end of last month. I have only gotten to shoot it once since then. Put 200 rounds of Winchester White Box Target ammo through it. I didn't do well shooting it, but I am sure it is not the guns fault. I have no intention of getting rid of it.

used sig p226 40. heard it was navy surplus but dont know how to look it up. ill never sell it but i cant wait to hand it down

Sig 226 in 9mm. Love that gun, and won't sell it. Put Hogue grips on it and what a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom