• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What's your favorite Carry Gun?

For a long time it was full size 1911 in the cold months and East German Makarov in the warmer months. Lately though, the Glock 19 has nudged it's way in there. The G19 is just an excellent gun all around. But if it had to be one and only one, 1911 hands down.

HK USP40c (IWB) or P30 9mm (OWB) winter carry with Kahr PM9 back up (ankle holster).
Kahr PM9 summer carry (IWB or pocket holster).

Looking into a 1911 with 3"or 4" barrel with shoulder holster

Glock 26 with Pierce magazine extensions - shoulder holster, or SW 642 Snubby - pocket with Nutnfancy EDC gear system in a mountain smith fanny pack.

M&P 9 Full size. But Im a bigger guy (6'2'' 235) I honestly forget its there sometimes with N82 tactical holster. [smile]

Ruger LCP (.380) for lightweight pocket carry (perfect for summer and shorts) in a Desantis pocket holster or a Walther PPS 9mm in a Crossbreed IWB holster.

My Sig 229 and Glock19 are a bit bulky for me, 5' 10" 150lb, and I often leave them in the safe. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I carry a Ruger LC9. Plenty slim and comfortable for my skinny ass.

I have heard it said that the best carry gun will be the one you actually carry.....

Did that get to deep on anyone?

I actually really like that little gun. As much as I love my Glock 26, the LC9 is just so comfortable.

I've bonded with every gun I have in my safe in some way and honestly just feel better having them with me.

Deep? Nah! It's seriously accurate. ;)

It all depends... On how you dress, where you work, if you are only planning on owning/carrying one firearm, etc...

For me, I have downgraded several times. I used to carry a Glock 17 all day, everyday in an AWIB holster. With a holster with a slight cant, even a fullsize handgun can disappear.

Now, due to where I work, I must go through a metal detector and get wanded everytime I leave, I have downgraded to either a j-frame or P238 due to the size and being able to carry it at 4-5oclock, without being noticable and getting me past the guards.

If you work someplace without security, you should carry the most capable firearm you can, on your list, that would be the Glock 27.

Walther PPS. I have 1100 rounds through mine and it's flawless. Very thin and excellent build quality.
I'd also recommend the G19. I picked up one recently and it might replace the PPS. Can't beat the 15+1 firepower.

Shield is my go to. With an IWB holster, can carry it all day, you forget its there.
The trigger does feel like you're dragging it over a pile of rocks.

Shield is my go to. With an IWB holster, can carry it all day, you forget its there.
The trigger does feel like you're dragging it over a pile of rocks.

Spend the dough on either a trigger job or buy an APEX Carry Kit and do it yourself. It's an easy fix for the trigger.

It all depends... On how you dress, where you work, if you are only planning on owning/carrying one firearm, etc...

For me, I have downgraded several times. I used to carry a Glock 17 all day, everyday in an AWIB holster. With a holster with a slight cant, even a fullsize handgun can disappear.

Now, due to where I work, I must go through a metal detector and get wanded everytime I leave, I have downgraded to either a j-frame or P238 due to the size and being able to carry it at 4-5oclock, without being noticable and getting me past the guards.

If you work someplace without security, you should carry the most capable firearm you can, on your list, that would be the Glock 27.

Like a boss!

Though you only get wanded leaving? Lax security much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ever consider a revolver? Goes bang with any ammo every time. Here's my current carry. Colt Cobra 2" snubbie in 38 Special... Bianchi #5 Black Widow holster.

Colt_Holster.JPG

Last edited:
I carried a S&W model 60 .38 spl for a long time, but last year I switched to a full size auto when I bought my Beretta. Carrying a full size handgun took some getting used to but since then I haven't looked back. I actually don't know if I'll ever buy another compact.

I am considering a .357 with a four inch barrel as my next CCW addition. Does nobody carry revolvers with four inch barrels?

Another vote for the full sized M&P 9mm. It fits well in my hand and it shoots great. Plus 18+1 capacity is comforting. That with a spare madg and bring on the end of the world. I feel ready.

When in just a t-shirt it's usually the Sheild 9mm or XDs .45.

I prefer my Glock 19 all day long, but frankly, I LOVE my Shield (+Apex Kit & Night Sights) now for everyday carry.

Im thinking of picking up mepros for my shield. What are you using for the n.s's?

Ameriglo is supposed to get a resupply of night sights in this week for the Shield. Since Trijicon hasn't decided to make Shield sights, IMO, Ameriglo is the next best thing since Trijicon makes their inserts.

Back
Top Bottom