What's your favorite Carry Gun?

If you're short, the Kahr PM40 is the finest little conceal pistol you can find. If you're tall, the Walther PPS .40 will conceal just as easy, though it's a bit longer and taller than the Kahr. If you're a big dude, the Glock 27 won't be a bother to conceal carry. All are fine pistols with great reputations for reliability and shootability.

When I can carry IWB, I carry an SR9C in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I can carry that pretty comfortably under just about anything now that I've got it adjusted and found the perfect position for it. If I have to be absolutely discreet, I carry a P238 in my back pocket in a "wallet" type holster. I LOVE that 238, let me tell you. I didn't really expect to find a gun that small that I would actually ENJOY shooting, but boy do I enjoy shooting that little thing. Now that I changed out the grips to something a little more aggressively textured, I can get an even better handle on it than I could before, and I enjoy it even more.

Most of the time I carry a Sig 229. When i absolutely can not I pocket carry a Kahr pm9. Occasionally I carry a full size 1911 and rarely a Sig 226

I've carried a G27 for the last 15 years. It's light weight, low cost (before my goodies) and Glocks just take a lickin and keep on tickin- the ultimate question about a carry gun is; would I stake my life on it's function?
features:

Trigger job: minus 1/2 pre-travel, 3lb pull
rounded trigger guard
G23 mag with spacer, for my big hand + 14 rnds
laser-max
Trij nights
polished slide- gotta have some bling
Unkle Mike's slide, safety strap cut for fast draw
Small Gerber folder in velcro pocket
alternating JHP; Fed. hydroshocks, and Corbons

g27-1.jpgg27-2.jpg

How does the super tuck /3913 combo work I'm a full suit? I've been thinking of trying a different cc style.

Sorry for the delayed response; I hadn't checked this thread in a few weeks. The belt makes all the difference, but if you are wearing a suit jacket, you should be fine. I've worn it with a tucked in dress shirt without a jacket, and the clips are really the only thing that is visible. I have a new one on order for the M&P Shield I hope to pick up soon, and I ordered it with both the regular snap-lock clips and the J-clips. I think the J-clips will make it even less visible, but most of the weight would be on the pants instead of the belt, so I'm not sure how that would work in a suit.

Ruger SR1911 Commander. Hands down my favorite gun to carry, fire, and own. It's thin enough that I can carry it at 3 o'clock with no problem regardless of the size and weight.

The worst gun I have ever carried was a Glock 26. I don't know why, but I have carried everything from an LC9 to a HK P2000 to a SR1911 and that Glock 26 was the most uncomfortable gun I have ever carried.

To recent Shield-9 owners/orderers....I have a few hundred rounds with one and was thinking of ordering one for myself (Great firearm!). I was curious as to the estimated back order wait time for the Shield-9 and where you bought it?

Last edited:
I carry ppk. Love it. It small enough to conceal and it feels like a real gun when you hold it, havent shot the sig but have shot the .380 body guard and hated it. The ppk you can get a used one fairly cheap, and mine is very accurate.

Ruger SP101 in 2 1/2 inch barrell hammerless (DA only). IWB holster conceals it in anything I wear summer or winter as long as my shirt is untucked or I have a sweater on. A bit heavier than some of the suggstions others are putting out there like the LC9 or the j frame smiths......but I never leave home without it and in .357 mag it packs a whallop. To me a .357 magnum is worth the extra weight. Tried some of the j frame smiths in .357 but they were too small for my hand and stung like a hornet to fire. Love the ruger sp101.

Bauer 25 auto, it has taken care of two rabid racoon in the 20 years that I have owned it.

Attachments

• pix819821158.jpg
    pix819821158.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 47
I would say a Shield...

I wasn't going to buy one because I tryed a Ruger LC9 just to find out that with my bearpaws I hated the LC9...

Plus I found a sweet S&W Pro Series Officer Size 3" 1911, I was going to make that my carry gun, but then I got a phone call, I forgot that I had told a gun shop to put me on the wait list for a Shield...

I went and picked it up and I really like it, I bought the Crimson Trace laser for it, XS Big Dot sights (have to put those on still) and the APEX (still have to install that)...

The Ma Trigger isn't as bad as the bigger M&P triggers, ya it's not great, but it's OK till I get the APEX into it...

Right now I carry a compact M&P 40 or a FS 40, I want to go to a lighter gun like the Shield or the Officer 1911 because those will be a lot better on my bad back...

I found some nice holsters for my guns that make it wear comfy and I bought a few nice Gun Belts...

That is a big thing, if you are going to OWB or IWB carry, make sure you get a good belt that is designed for guns, also buy it a few sizes bigger to fit all the stuff you will be piling onto it... [wink]

I'll find the link were I showed the holsters so you can take a look at them, but here's a few shots of the guns...

OK here it is, it's Page 6 Post # 57:

=-m-p-shield-9mm-holster-=

Attachments

• S&W Shield 1.jpg
    S&W Shield 1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 71
  • S&W PS 45 3.jpg
    S&W PS 45 3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65
  • S&W BB 3.jpg
    S&W BB 3.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 62
  • CP Gun 1.jpg
    CP Gun 1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 74
  • CP Gun 2.jpg
    CP Gun 2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
My S&W 1911 is my carry gun every day. I usually carry in a Crossbreed super tuck or a Ka-bar quick draw fanny pack. On a very rare occasion I will throw it in my Maxpedition Fatboy but that would be unusual.

e5e3828dfa07a735da0e94c45703b48c.jpg

9a119d50c12fc88a36a98f50e6f3d181.jpg

1c1450d205886a20e892efee31d9ba5e.jpg

2a030c9780ba1c0f8a2e5c68756f3fcb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom