What would you do?

My daughter sold Cutco 18 years ago in high school. She did well.

And yes, Frizzle Fry, she sold a big set to a restaurant owner.

We have a set at home. Great knives. Later I bought a Cutco fillet knife at the Newport Boat Show.

Also the scissors are awesome. We have a couple of pairs.

I have two pairs as well. They've held up great over nearly 18 years better than can be said of most stuff I've owned - even the "high end" brands. Haven't felt the need to cut my pocket change in half, though.

hqdefault.jpg

Must not have been a ronco since those never need sharpening.

I would have assumed he was going fishing after work.
If I was a fisherman I might have asked him advice on a good spot?
If I wasn’t a fisherman then I would be on my way and never think about it again.
That is of course I didn’t read about knife attacks in the same area the next day?

I like my Cutco knifes much better than the JA Henckels and Wusthof's I own. A lot better.

As for the OP. Did you poop yourself or crawl into a safe space?

So I drive up to the train station today, park, and in the car next to me, is a guy sharpening his knife while waiting for the train to come in. The knife was probably a filet knife but it was a fixed blade and probably 6 or 7 inches long. What would you have done?

Absolutely nothing. He's probably waiting for someone who is a burden on him and is bored out of his mind... lol. gotta have something to do.

-Mike

I had a coworker written up for whittling on his break (outside the office). Different place than I work now.

What a jerk! Why would you have a co-worker written up? You're lucky that there are no more neg reps! How could he have possibly been bothering you enough that you had to get him written up? Pansy.

What would I do? Certainly not post about it on the net...............................

My brother sold Cutco knives way back in the day. He'd cut pennies in half with the scissors as part of the demo. Tough stuff.

Cutco,,,, might have to find me one and give it a go
Thanks

Don't let the handles fool you. Very comfortable in the hand but feel... well... cheap. So cheap in fact you think it would break off with any sort of force. I bought a bread knife and use it almost every morning. Sent the Henckels to Maine. Also have the paring, cheese and some other very heavy cutter that get used on pepperoni and other stick meats. If I see them on sale I'll get a few more.

Buddies GF has the full monster set. Every time we go there for dinner I tell my wife to open up her pocket book so I can drop the steak knifes in.

I would have asked him what type of sharpening stone he was using. I'm in the market for a new one, and very much prefer an in-person opinion rather than leafing through reviews online.

If someone wants to sharpen a filet knife at a train stop, I wouldn't care personally. If he wasn't doing it safely, I might say something so he wouldn't cut himself on accident though.

Fiercely fixed it for you.

Anything worth doing is worth doing fiercely.
Well if it's gotta be fierce then by all means you have to be consistent. I am just imagining the OP making eye contact as the guy is sharpening it then they quickly break eye contact and when the sharpener looks up he just sees it...
Fierce masturbation and just so quickly eye contact.

Well if it's gotta be fierce then by all means you have to be consistent. I am just imagining the OP making eye contact as the guy is sharpening it then they quickly break eye contact and when the sharpener looks up he just sees it...
Fierce masturbation and just so quickly eye contact.

I did nothing. Went about my day. Mentioned it to a coworker who was pissed I didn't notify the authorities. I asked him what crime was committed. He said none but I should have reported it. I didn't think it was worth reporting but I wanted to check with sane individuals on the web

My daughter sold Cutco 18 years ago in high school. She did well.

And yes, Frizzle Fry, she sold a big set to a restaurant owner.

We have a set at home. Great knives. Later I bought a Cutco fillet knife at the Newport Boat Show.

Also the scissors are awesome. We have a couple of pairs.

Same here,my daughter sold them to family and friends who could afford it
Her budding business never took off, but we still have those knives and scissors and use them every day

I did nothing. Went about my day. Mentioned it to a coworker who was pissed I didn't notify the authorities. I asked him what crime was committed. He said none but I should have reported it. I didn't think it was worth reporting but I wanted to check with sane individuals on the web

You should have slapped the ham, and then told us about that.

Edit to add:

If he DOES become a threat with his knife, must continue to assess situation:
A) Is he threatening me?
B) Is he threatening my family?
C) Is he a threat only to the liberals around me?

Answer A or B I stop him, permanently if need be.
Answer C - I go about my business, bystanders should arm themselves - not worth my ammo
Sad, but this is pretty much the attitude you are forced into in MA, or you will end up bankrupted in the courts or worse

So I drive up to the train station today, park, and in the car next to me, is a guy sharpening his knife while waiting for the train to come in. The knife was probably a filet knife but it was a fixed blade and probably 6 or 7 inches long. What would you have done?
I would have done the same thing that I would have done if I'd seen a handgun in a holster on his hip. NOTHING.

Realy.......is this a serious f***ing question?

Back
Top Bottom