What rifle would you want on your way out to the revolution?

What rifle would you grab on your way to the revolution?

• Garand

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • M1A / M14

Votes: 57 21.1%
  • FAL

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • AR15

Votes: 130 48.1%
  • Robarms XCR

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • SKS

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • AK47

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters
I had to skip the last few pages of this to re-mention the 10/22. ... That'd work fine for most of The Revolution.

If everybody meets up at the bridge to face down the Army , I am not coming. Because the airplanes and artillery would make me uncomfortable. I would be near home , without my web gear , or fatigues. I have a different idea :

A few dedicated snipers , or deer hunters , quietly removing the head and fangs from the snake - in every county in America would quickly change the landscape of the fight.

I do not think a Revolution is likely , more fitting description might be " re-modeling " , we have a good frame to work with , and some members of the .gov should stay - those who take the whole " Truth Justice and the American Way "thing seriously.

Leave the newspapers , the television , the civilian infrastructure in place , and start pruning the enemies of the constitution and those who side with them. Soon enough the civilian leadership would begin to see the light as the legislature shifts in balance , and the threatened species of Anti-constitutional politicians dwindles rapidly.

But if i were to find it necessary to leave my hunting plans and bail out - I'll bring my AR 15.

Offhand at 100 ? What would be more incredible than the actual shot,is your eyesite.

I guess I failed to mention my 3 99's are scoped. You're right though, if I could even see a bottlecap at 100 yards unaided, it would be quite a miracle.

tele-mark said:
HE might be shooting at the spot he knows the cap is in, without actually seeing it, which is hard as hell in itself.

Nope, I know roughly where they are, bring the rifle to my shoulder and fire.

PatMcD said:
SERIOUSLY

Seriously Pat, though the last time I tried it was with a Silver Dollar.

Still a great shot offhand.

You are now officially my designated marksman.[smile]

You wouldn't be disappointed. At least not for a few shots. I've been shooting that same rifle for 45 years. It feels like part of me. Until I got my AR a few years ago, it was the only Center Fire rifle I owned. My Father, a Marine, taught me to shoot it, and after this much time I've gotten pretty good with it. I use the old military sling technique, and it's a pretty stable shot. The 250-3000 doesn't have much kick, and is comfortable to shoot.

After reading the entire thread I had to go with the AR15. I respect Bill's experience and I definately need to connect with him when the fecal matter hits the rotating blades.

After reading the entire thread I had to go with the AR15. I respect Bill's experience and I definately need to connect with him when the fecal matter hits the rotating blades.

Hey Pete, you were the one shattering clay pigeons with my .45 revolver the first time you used it at 50 yards. If you can do that with a 1917 handgun, one handed, the first time you pick it up, shot after shot, what's the big deal about hitting something at 100 yards with a rifle, sling and scope? I'm far more impressed with what you can do with a pistol.

Last edited:
Hey Pete, you were the one shattering clay pigeons with my .45 revolver the first time you used it at 50 yards. If you can do that with a 1917 handgun, one handed, the first time you pick it up, shot after shot, what's the big deal about hitting something at 100 yards with a rifle sling and scope? I'm far more impressed with what you can do with a pistol.

Reminds me of a guy, (early 70's), I ran into at who was popping clay pigeons one after the other with his Detectives Special - that was at 25 and 50 yards. I was stunned by how proficient he was with that revolver and told him so. What really blew me away was when he set some out at 100 and though less consistent - continued to bust clays with that .38...[shocked] Turns out he was ex-pd from Nashville....

AK. The WASR-10 has functioned in all weather reliably for me with no stoppages.

With no AR (with the lower on the way from the NES Group Buy), it is the only gun I could field today.

Regards,

Bob

An M1A or an M14, I have never had much luck with the M16 with regard to reliability. I appreciate Depicts comments on the viability of the M16 vs the M14 as he has carried both in combat with the 4th ID. The weight issue for me is more problematical as I certainly would not be carrying a US Infantryman's basic load of equipment. If I needed an M16/M4, they would be available in short order.

With regard to the "other side" defecting and joining an insurgent force, some would, some might, and many wouldn't. The other thing to consider is that the Army is now much better prepared to fight in a MOUT environment than it was before Iraq and has gotten smarter in dealing with insurgents. The Army is conditioned by combat experience to shoot people who look and act like civilians irrespective of gender and age. We've had two revolutions in this country already, one where the revolutionaries won and one where they lost. It would be a real throw of the dice as to whether a revolution would succeed today, I think. Things would have to get much, much worse before many would consider it. On the other hand, it doesn't take much for social and economic conditions to radically change which might incite the general populace to a state of armed revolt. I know this is more of a fun thread, a kind of "what if" thread, but there are some very sobering undertones to it.

Mark L.

Last edited:
Guns???? We don't need no stinkin guns...

I heard machetes work well on both zombies and liberals. Clearly the jack of all trades for disaster situations. An AK-47 and AR-15 would be my left and right nuts in a disaster siutations. Hands down!

Hey Pete, you were the one shattering clay pigeons with my .45 revolver the first time you used it at 50 yards. If you can do that with a 1917 handgun, one handed, the first time you pick it up, shot after shot, what's the big deal about hitting something at 100 yards with a rifle, sling and scope? I'm far more impressed with what you can do with a pistol.

Thanks man. What I was talking about was your experience and why you would chose the rifle you chose. You were there. I on the otherhand was not given the opportunity to serve as none of the military branches wanted me with my hydrocephalus and shunt. Yeah I can shoot, Dad taught me well, but I would have picked the M14 till I read your post. You've been there. I've only punched paper (and clay pigeons) at the range

Thanks man. What I was talking about was your experience and why you would chose the rifle you chose. You were there.

...but I would have picked the M14 till I read your post. You've been there. I've only punched paper (and clay pigeons) at the range

Pete, there might be a lot of people who have "been there" and would still not pick the M16. right now in the sandbox, often shots are longer. If in the cities, there are barriers that need to be blasted through.

One might easily come to the conclusion that the M14 is the better choice. I have friends who carried the M14 in Iraq, and were quite pleased with it.

My main point was I am most effective with the AR15 due to size and weight. I also think I'm a good enough shot to make my hits with the 5.56 count.

Heck, I've always believed that given any weapon, a fighter can obtain a bigger and better weapon from the enemy.

Give me a .22 and I'll get an AR. For that matter, I could work my way up to whatever I could carry.

I often carried a .45 and an M79 in service. I'd like that combo now, or a 203 launcher on my AR.

Weight and the amount of ammo you can carry would still make my mind up though.

Francis Marion is my hero.

Slush Puppie said:
I would have an SKS, simply because that is the only combat rifle I own.

Scrivener said:
You have missed the call of the question. What you actually have is irrelevant:

Well it's the only combat rifle I've ever shot, genius. I could sit here and pretend to know the in's and out's of all the other rifles but I would be completely full of shit.

Take a vacation from the internet creep. Your taking it way too seriously. Nobody likes know-it-alls with a condescending tone. Wouldn't be surprised if most people on here felt the same way.

I could give a f*** if your a lawyer. Respect the man, not the title.

You must be an ambulance chaser with all the time you spend on here critiquing posts.

Last edited:
Well it's the only combat rifle I've ever shot, genius. I could sit here and pretend to know the in's and out's of all the other rifles but I would be completely full of shit.

I think that he (Scriv) was eluding to that fact that you should become familiar with a multitude of firearms, in otherwords go green (become a member) and come to some shoots.

BTW, the fact the you got Scrived is not bad thing, some people are still waiting anxiously for that.

I think that he (Scriv) was alluding to that fact that you should become familiar with a multitude of firearms, in other words go green (become a member) and come to some shoots.

BTW, the fact the you got Scrived is not bad thing, some people are still waiting anxiously for that.

There is actually a group therapy meeting for scrivvies (thats what we call outselves) that you can find in the Social Group area of this site.

Just picking a rifle you're familiar with is not bad. In fact, you basically have no choice, for how can you pick a weapon you don't know exists? You HAVE to know it, if not own and practice it, to pick it... I mean, if these guys knew about the Largo Adaptarifle - oops - thats classified. Never mind! (jk)

The M14 (which 40 people picked in the poll) appears to be a .308 evolution of the M1? It seems to be basically a, sorry, 7.62mm mag fed full/semi auto. On spec so far, that's about the same as an HK G3, which is the full auto version of the HK 91, my pick.

I'd want something accurate at a distance, what gets hit stays hit and has attainable ammo. And *cough* something I'm familiar with.

Back
Top Bottom