What rifle would you want on your way out to the revolution?

What rifle would you grab on your way to the revolution?

• Garand

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • M1A / M14

Votes: 57 21.1%
  • FAL

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • AR15

Votes: 130 48.1%
  • Robarms XCR

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • SKS

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • AK47

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters
So if the next revolution were to start tomorrow which rifle would you want to have on your way out the door - choose the one(s) you would want to have - not necessarily what you have right now.

1. Garand
  2. M1A / M14
  3. FAL
  4. AK47
  5. AR15
  6. Robarms XCR
  7. SKS
  8. Other

If you choose 'other' post what it is - if there are enough of any one type I'll add it to the poll.

I left it open to multiple options - in case you wanted to grab a battle rifle and a poodle shooter also ;-)

Last edited:
I've used the M14 and the M16/CAR15 in combat. While I like the hitting power of the M14, it gets heavy fast. Ammo is heavy to carry.

The CAR15 was great due to its small size when in a vehicle or armored vehicle.

The M16/AR15 carries well. It is decently powerful and effective when the shooter knows how to aim, instead of spray, and you can carry twice the backup ammo in the same space. It can be very accurate. While it won't punch through concrete as well as the .308 or .30-06, I never found that to be a problem, it went through bamboo and heavy triple canopy cover just fine.

While an AR is a ok platform I have alot more respect for the FAL and HKG3 Rifles.

But then Im Biased as I own 3 FAL's and 2 HKG3's

One of the FAL's and a HK 41 below.
Rifles3Van.jpg

AR. Even if you put aside all the great reasons to use that specific platform which I happen to love, the fact that the 5.56 round is nearly ubiquitous is reason enough.

AR 15. Parts and ammo will be readily available and it's lighter than the rest.

Next choice would be a good shotgun.

While an AR is a ok platform I have alot more respect for the FAL and HKG3 Rifles.

But then Im Biased as I own 3 FAL's and 2 HKG3's

One of the FAL's and a HK 41 below.
Rifles3Van.jpg

Yeah, good guns, great in fact, but they add about 2 pounds to a M14, which is heavy enough to begin with. Might have been ok when I was 20 and in great shape, but right now I'd prefer an shoulder weapon weighing LESS than 8 pounds, never mind 9-11 pounds

If you can get the ammo I'll buy the tubes.

If we're gonna remove the (sorta implied) obtainium requirement from the question... sign me up for an M4 with an M203 and a bucket of golden orbs. [laugh]

-Mike

AK - It is what I have, know and like. Although I would like one with a folding stock. Once I get the NES AR built we will see if it wins me over but for now I love my AK.[grin]

AK47 with the assumption that most of the fighting will be taking place in the closer proximities of urban environments.

AK47 with the assumption that most of the fighting will be taking place in the closer proximities of urban environments.

+1 absolutely. might be heavier and less accurate, with heavier rounds, but for urban or woods fighting, that's what I'd trust.

If I were to be perched on a rooftop as eye in the sky, M14 w/ scope.

Well that all depends…..

If the cause is just, the rhetoric persuasive, and the leaders charismatic, I’m sure all that will be required is a constructive dialog, charismatic leaders and a sharp wit.

If the revolution has a fighting chance, I’d go for the AR-15.

However, if the revolution is a total fart in the wind and destined to be yet another historic footnote of failure, I’ll go out in a blaze of glory with the Garand.

AK would be my first choice, assuming I could get the ammo and I had enough friends with me to make a good squad. If it was just me I’d need to move faster and have better accuracy from a distance so I’d go with the AR.

If we go by drgrant rules of all the ammo you want of any kind and weight isn’t an issue, M4 with a M203 sounds pretty good too.

Fed Ord M14 with a Weaver scope on it (yup, you guessed right, already have it, with ammo, mags and everything else). [smile]

Would have said M1 Garand, but ammo isn't readily available in that kind of situation, like 7.62 NATO will be (just pop a couple of M240 gunners). [slap]

Why not AR for me? Because, along the way, I'll come into possession of several M4's, complete with ammo, Aimpoints, and maybe even an ACOG or two. [wink]

Besides, I won't be alone, and Cheryl will almost 100% chance have her M4 clone (and a 1911A1).

Weight? No problem, I'm also going to bring a bicycle. The VC were smart enough to use them, I can learn from that.

From stock on hand, the Mosin 91/30, since that has the most ammo in house.

Maybe HK-91 with a D. R. Grant Industries I-Mag, if an Isher Weapon Shop happened to be located between me and the revolution.

Just one, hunh?

Back
Top Bottom