What rifle would you want on your way out to the revolution?

What rifle would you grab on your way to the revolution?

• Garand

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • M1A / M14

Votes: 57 21.1%
  • FAL

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • AR15

Votes: 130 48.1%
  • Robarms XCR

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • SKS

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • AK47

Votes: 72 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters
From stock on hand, the Mosin 91/30, since that has the most ammo in house.

Maybe HK-91 with a D. R. Grant Industries I-Mag, if an Isher Weapon Shop happened to be located between me and the revolution.

Just one, hunh?

I figured many people would take two - something in a larger caliber like 7.62x51 - and something in a smaller caliber like .223 or 7.62x39

I doubt you will want to be hauling your entire rifle collection around on your back.

Would have said M1 Garand, but ammo isn't readily available in that kind of situation, like 7.62 NATO will be (just pop a couple of M240 gunners). [slap]

Weight? No problem, I'm also going to bring a bicycle. The VC were smart enough to use them, I can learn from that.

You can always rebarrel that Garand in 7.62x51 ...........

I figured many people would take two - something in a larger caliber like 7.62x51 - and something in a smaller caliber like .223 or 7.62x39

I doubt you will want to be hauling your entire rifle collection around on your back.

If we get two, I'd still waffle between the Mosin and the HK for bean shooting. (human beans) Both shoot a nice heavy round but the HK should be more accurate.

Now, if you're attending a revolution, in addition to ammo, you need food and water. .22lr is available in mass quantities and is very lightweight to carry. Maybe a .22 rifle for hunting food and harrassing the enemy.

You can always rebarrel that Garand in 7.62x51 ...........

Why bother? It's currently got a good .30-06 barrel on it. Hate to ruin the "collectability" of that Winchester. Seriously, I perfer those in .30-06.

The real funny thing about this thread is I was suspecting somebody had checked my rifle rack, until I saw the XCR as an option. That's the ONLY rifle on that list that I don't have.

M1A SOCOM don't own one but short, compact and more than enough power. Carried the M16 on my shoulder for four years never impressed me. then again this was the 80's and they have gotten better.

AR. Light, accurate, and easy to maintain (if you live in a mud hut, perhaps it's beyond your skill set). I have plenty of mags (and pouches to carry them in). In those pouches can carry twice the ammo capacity of an AK (or pretty much any 7.62 MM option), with a fraction of the weight. In my opinion and experience, nothing offers a better combination of weight to power ratio with great ergonomics.

AK would be my first pick with M1A or FAL tied for second. My 3rd pick would be from the "other" category being a Siaga 12 with 00 shot or straight up slugs.

I would have to go with the AK, not because i know doda about it, because im a die hard AR fan, but simply because its proven to be more rugged, prolific, and easier to maintain. Not to mention that probably 90% of the third world has em, ammo wont be hard to find :eek:)

I would have to go with the AK, not because i know doda about it, because im a die hard AR fan, but simply because its proven to be more rugged, prolific, and easier to maintain. Not to mention that probably 90% of the third world has em, ammo wont be hard to find :eek:)

[slap]

You do know what REVOLUTION is, right?

The whole object is we would be up against US Gov't backed troops trying to squash the Constitution. Now, I'm not a betting man, but I would put good money down thinking they almost 100% certain would be using the AR platform, or other 5.56 NATO rifle.

Love my colt match target M4 with all its tricked out funny business, but.....

I'm pikcing my M1A.

Mostly for the reason Nickle expressed.

Which immediately made me think of Sam Elliot as Sgt. Maj. Plumley when asked if he thought it was time to grab an M16 - "Sir, if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground."

Most all of those listed have their good points to be certain. But I chose the AR-15 because:

1. I think I can shoot (i.e, operate) it better than most of the rest.
2. I would like to be able to use the same ammo my opponent is using since I hope to scrounge (capture) from them as much as possible. Makes my logistics tail that much simpler.

My primary would be the AR, but I'd drag along some kind of heavy rifle too. Most likely my Remington 700 as the mission of such a tool would generally be a low volume precision strike and a scoped bolt gun would be an ideal choice.

AR. Even if you put aside all the great reasons to use that specific platform which I happen to love, the fact that the 5.56 round is nearly ubiquitous is reason enough.

+1 to both of you.

AK47 with the assumption that most of the fighting will be taking place in the closer proximities of urban environments.

Then it will be a very short revolution indeed I suspect.

I went with the AK, easy to use, easy to maintain, very reliable. My second choice would be an AR for roughly the same reasons it only looses out to the AK in my book for slightly lower marks in reliability and stopping power (it does make up ground for accuracy though). There may be better choices on the list but I don't know enough about them, I own ARs and AKs, and can break them down all the way and rebuild them if necessary.

a AR, not that it would matter against a Apache or armor, the army or marine corps.
if the government is going to fight its own citizens having a revolution, the last thing i would expect them to do is fight fair and keep it to light infantry. id be dead in the 1st week of combat, along with large amounts of other people. (while the rest of NES rides on bicycles, carries thousands of rounds on them, kills machine gun crews for their ammo)

good luck with that guys, make sure you watch a bunch of action movies to get a combat refresher course before you go fight a superpower as a unorganized militia.

a AR, not that it would matter against a Apache or armor, the army or marine corps.
if the government is going to fight its own citizens having a revolution, the last thing i would expect them to do is fight fair and keep it to light infantry. id be dead in the 1st week of combat, along with large amounts of other people. (while the rest of NES rides on bicycles, carries thousands of rounds on them, kills machine gun crews for their ammo)

good luck with that guys, make sure you watch a bunch of action movies to get a combat refresher course before you go fight a superpower as a unorganized militia.

Man, you are too funny...[rofl2]

PS: It wouldn't let me give you a +1 for that one - you only get one rep point a day from me I guess, so here's an unofficial +1

OH, MAN! How could I be so blind.

Of course.

All I need is a pen, for as we all know, the Pen is mightier than the sword!

no, thats not what im saying at all. ill be right there with a resistance when the government gets out of control. what im trying to say is the chances of living are slim to none. is it worth fighting for? absolutely.

no, thats not what im saying at all. ill be right there with a resistance when the government gets out of control. what im trying to say is the chances of living are slim to none. is it worth fighting for? absolutely.

How many guys did you serve with would take orders to kill civilians? Every Marine I knew and was friends with would take off their EGA and join the "right" side of the fight.

Every piece of machine needs fuel. Taking out logistics isn't a very difficult task. If push came to shove and we revolted against a tyrannical government I would put my money on guys like us, knowing damn well a good percentage of active duty soldiers would join us.

How many guys did you serve with would take orders to kill civilians? Every Marine I knew and was friends with would take off their EGA and join the "right" side of the fight.

Every piece of machine needs fuel. Taking out logistics isn't a very difficult task. If push came to shove and we revolted against a tyrannical government I would put my money on guys like us, knowing damn well a good percentage of active duty soldiers would join us.

True enough - look at the insurgency in Iraq among other places and there was no really organized standing army to support them.

AR15

It wouldn't be like invading another country or tackling a superpower. If there were a true citizen uprising, it would likely be a lot more successful than you believe.

How many guys did you serve with would take orders to kill civilians?

i couldnt answer that question, but judging by the amount of massive tools that serve in the military i would say it would be quite a few, especially if you could convince them there was a legitimate reason for doing it.
the nazis convinced lots of germans to do some ridiculous shit. it could happen again. there are always evil men to do evil jobs.

Back
Top Bottom