• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What new toys are you getting with your tax refund

If you're like me, you see your yearly tax refund as a chance to splurge on that project or toy you been meaning to get. Have anything good for this year.

Personaly, I'm finishing up my AR build (need complete upper) and grabing a crate of 5.56 [smile]

I paid off my home depot card. after being laid off I got scared I want to pay off all my debt and save all I can. I have a new job that is not set in stone and a 2 year old plus another on the way so no toy's for me.

1000 Rounds of XM193
1000 Rounds of 9 WWB
1000 Rounds of .40 WWB
200 Rounds of 12G 00Buck
200 Rounds of .44 JHP
200 Rounds of .308 SABP

It's ammo time baby!

If I get a tax refund - which I doubt, I will just add it to the money I have put aside for my ongoing panic buying.

On the list:

- more ammo as I find good deals
- a Sig 556
- a Walther PPS
- an S&W M&P .45 if I can find one
- another FAL
- Robarms XCR in 7.62x39
- another AR or two
- a 1911
- other assorted stuff

What is this tax refund you speak of? [wink]

I'm just hoping the bill I get won't be too high. Maybe I can pay it with hope and some loose change? [grin]

EDIT: jcliff beat me to it!

Tax refund?

Why would I give the government an interest-free loan for a year? I calculatingly under-withhold each year by the maximum amount I can without getting penalized.

I have a savings account of my own, I don't need the zero-interest government-sponsored one.

When I get my tax bill, I am just writing the "Daschle Rule" on it and not pay anything, that way I can wait years before I pay it, and then pay with no penalties only interest. [smile]

I give them the loan because I would be too tempted to spend it if it were in the savings account earning a measly 2% or less (2% of a crap rebate is still crap, which is why I'd rather lose the measly interest just to ensure I've got it when I need it).

So, with that being said, what rebate I am going to get is going toward the Maine tax bill...

I should have this by the end of the month.

magpul.jpg

-DM-

Back
Top Bottom