What is your safe queen?

S&W 25-2 5.5" bbl 45ACP revolver. Bought it at Lew Hortons retail shop (RIP) for $350 .... too good a deal to pass up. 100% except for barrel turn ring.
If you don't have any descendants...I'm available to be written into a will. Jus' sayin'. [rofl]
I've got a bunch of stuff that pretty much sits in the safe and I never have time to shoot them. I've been selling off some of the more "expendable" stuff.

If I had to pick one that I'll likely never sell - it's probably going to be the Johnson rifle.
Selling what seems "expendable" is a mistake. Hmm, I'm out of work so I'm going to sell my Colt New Frontier .22LR / Ruger Deerstalker/ Browning A-Bolt Varmint w/BOSS / Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm because they were cheap and common. Got $125 / $125 (dealer had a rack full of them) / $350 with a Sheperd scope on it / and $150 (?). Try finding any of them for that price now.
No safe queens here, but a few that haven't seen daylight in many blue moons.
I do have some that are unfired, but those are the ones I've bought and built recently that I haven't had the time to shoot yet.

Have yet to shoot her after all the work got done, keep meaning to hit the range but time just isn't there.

Also have a early 70's 6" RB Python that would rate about 95%, shot it twice in the last 6 years.

Sad that so many people don't have enough time to shoot what they have. Seems like everyone is working so much they can afford all of the good things, but what's the point if you never get to enjoy them?

I used to have a lot more, particularly after my father decided to give me his guns ~20 years ago. If I remember right, I had around fifty firearms of every kind. Ever since then, every now and then, I would take a look at my collection and sell the one I shoot the least. As of last year, I am down to 4 firearms and will most likely sell another one purely because I ended up shooting it less than others. It's odd: you think that you would not have any safe queens if you had fewer guns, but it's not true. I shoot my father's gun, G23, the most, and my second favorite is a custom-made 92FS. I'll never sell the Remi 870: that wooden monster is older than me and will outlast me! The Colt 1911 Model 80 is barely getting used so I suppose that's my "safe queen".

Pretty much shoot everything I have. I do have a Glock 42 that I bought new 5 years ago and never fired it. Maybe I will sell it at some point

While I bought it and intended to shoot it I never have. It's a Bushmaster 20th anniversary AR-15. I bought a Bushmaster DCM rifle right after and that got shot all the time. Since then I have bought others and that other one just sits there.

Like this one.
Bushmaster-XM15-E2S-20th-Anniversary-5-56-Nato_101102528_28451_70D624F1875F2FBC.jpg

That would have to be either my Arisaka Type 99 - which through research, I found was one of the first 62,000/100,000 of them produced. After that is a BRNO Turkish Mauser made sometimes between 1922 and 1930.

The Type 99 is a "short rifle" produced after the initial 38,000 long rifles - which have a much longer barrel. Around the 38,000 Mark, the Nips decided that the gun was too long and went with the "shoju" version of the rifle. They kept with the serial numbers with a lack of the proper armorors stamp until hitting an aggregate total of 100,000 Type 99 rifles. My piece has a 68000 serial number which means it was one of the first 30,000 shoju rifles produced. This means that it was produced sometime between mid June and late August of 1941 - according to Japanese production records.

Last edited:
I have an unfired Marlin 336 that is a Talo model with Curly Maple stock and it was so gorgeous, I just couldn't use it so I had to get another for shooting... It's sorta stupid, really.

I forgot to add the 1911 I built a couple years ago. The only reason I don't shoot it is because .45 is so God damn expensive. Caspian frame. Rem Sport slide. Wilson Combat barrel, internals, and controls. All topped off with Novak sights.
1000004761.jpg
1000004762.jpg

I guess it would be a Remington 700 in 30/06 or a Remington 870 Wingmaster. I don't hunt anymore so I haven't shot either in years.

My enjoyment comes from shooting different things, so I don't think there's ever one gun I would never shoot or sell, but the closest I have to that is my black powder guns because I'm always concerned about missing a spot during cleaning and finding it a week later with a rust spot.

Now, I do have safe queen knives, my top one being a Cold Steel Broken Skull. Excellent steel, black DLC coating, and super light and thin. Probably one of the few knives I have that has gone up in value since I bought it due to it being discontinued.

My safe queen, but I'll take her over all my ARs when SHTF

Attachments

• 20240123_170850.jpg
    20240123_170850.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240128_114511_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240128_114511_Messages.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom