• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is your safe queen?

I don't have anything that's too sacred to shoot, not convinced such a thing exists.

I have a Beretta 8000F that is my first pistol purchase, it was used and an impulse buy when I saw and handled it. Racking the slide is like two pieces of greased glass passing each other. I'm always amazed at how well I can place shots with her. It's become my intro to gun for others because it's doesn't intimidate, rewards easily and people think they're in the movies holding it. Recently when I was asked to bring a couple shooting that Obama sent us, I brought the Beretta. They are owners and Goal members now. The Beretta is not my choice for competition or carry, she's on recruiting duty :)

This is the closest thing I have to a safe queen. I had no real reason to buy it except for the fact that it was beautiful and I wanted it.

I've shot it a few times and would never carry it, but I love to hold it and show it off.

Bond Arms Century 2000 .45/.410

bfcac8474147126ca526d2b732b4d4fa.jpg

None, guns are tools, they are meant to be used. To not use them is to disrespect the men who spent time designing and building them. Opinion, of course.

No real safe space savers, just some of my guns get shot a whole bunch more than others, I go in cycles this year seems I'm into .556 other years I'm all over the .22's. I doubt I'd sell any of them, but if I had to use one for a trade I'd weigh that thought somewhat. I have 3 I'll never part with and don't know where they will end up when I take the dirt nap. My 1st rifle a Marlin 1894 .44 mag, my fathers 5 shot Colt .38 and his service Colt .45 1911 ( brought back from his WW2 TOD)

I have a C&R and therefore a few collectibles that were purchased for investment, and congugale safe queen visits, as they became available over the years. NIB never fired from the 80's

Last edited:
This is just an extension of Facebook for some people,I don't think they really want answers or help,they just want the attention.

Its all entertainment for me.[smile]

Gee, I guess your right. We should just stick with 9mm vs 40S&W vs 45ACP posts because, you know, they are the most civil discussion. Oh wait, I know. We'll rehash the same 50 posts over and over again. Yep, that will sure make for some interesting conversations and an excellent forum. Just think how many posts we'll get to see from the Dupe Nazis. It will be awesome.

I'm in a giving mood this morning so I'm going to promote you from ahole to colossal douche. Congrats on the promotion!!! [rolleyes] Though I think you'd be happy about that because being a dick is mostly what you live for.

everything I own I shoot..but if I wanted to classify one as a safe queen it would be my Browning remake of the 1886 45-70 Winchester number 56 of 7000.. love the rifle

There is also the reality that if you only have a limited number of firearms, then it is hard to justify having a "Safe Queen" But as time goes by and your collection grows and tastes become more refined, it usually happened's on it's
own. Very few of us actually go out and buy something with they intention of making it a "Safe Queen" It is more the circumstance of you acquiring it and the history of the firearm that makes it become one.

Dean

For me, my WASR-10 AK-47. This wasn't even my intention, I just always shoot my AR when I visit the rifle range.

Last edited:
There is also the reality that if you only have a limited number of firearms, then it is hard to justify having a "Safe Queen" But as time goes by and your collection grows and tastes become more refined, it usually happened's on it's
own. Very few of us actually go out and buy something with they intention of making it a "Safe Queen" It is more the circumstance of you acquiring it and the history of the firearm that makes it become one.

Dean

This is true. I do try to keep a rotation going, but there are always though that get shot more then others.

Everything lately, I haven't been to the range in ages.

That sucks. Seems we need to have a "Get NHAtHeart to the range" day.

My SO reminds me when I tell her I am thinking of buying another gun, that I haven't shot xxxxxxx in a while....so to make her happy, I shoot ALL my guns fairly regularly! [smile]

H&K 91-G3A4,
I purchased it back in the 80's. It has the 22 conversion kit with it, never fired. Bought it for one of my sons and he never used it. I think I paid approx. $600 for it. They are pretty scarce so I'm hoping he will use it with my grandchildren when they get old enough.

don't have a safe queen but i own a colt combat commander that a buddy in his 90's gave me just before he passed away a few years ago. it gets treated like a safe queen maybe at times but i shoot it a lot and value it as much as the folks who own real safe queens.

+1 I have some that were given to me by friends now gone. I may not shoot them all the time but every time I pick them up I remember them.

My SQ would be my Browning Auto light 12 gauge with a vented vector choke barrel.
Bought it back in the 90s after winning a scratch ticket for $1000 near Christmas time.
I paid $400 for it and subsequently bought a Deer Slayer barrel for it about 2 years after purchase.
I've used it for deer hunting,but haven't been out in many years.

Pre ban Colt HBAR unfired, mint. My dad bought a bunch of stuff right around the ban and gave this to me when I got back from Iraq
i have one of these nib also. i made a comment aloud one day before the first ban in the shop i frequented along the lines of "i should get an ar some day" and the owner heard me. a week later he calls me in work to tell me my rifle was in. what rifle?? your hbar. i don't have my glasses on but it looks like i paid $488 + tax for it if i'm seeing the faded receipt right. bout march '93. one of those old carbon copy receipts, very faded now. forgot about this one. not an intentional safe queen, just no interest in shooting it then.

Back
Top Bottom