• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What is a Good Super Cheap Pistol For a Super Cheap Optic?

My friend has a .25 cal raven.
Cheap and shitty as you can get.
Duct tape two magnifying glasses where the sights are and you good 2 go
Hey, the Raven is the best of the old school pot metal .25's, give it a little respect. The Phoenix is the successor to the Raven, so it's the best of all pot metal .22's and .25's, but the Raven still has something going for it. They're fun to fidget with while bored and the chrome finish ones are fun to look at and think of how many pimps likely owned it before yourself.

Hey, the Raven is the best of the old school pot metal .25's, give it a little respect. The Phoenix is the successor to the Raven, so it's the best of all pot metal .22's and .25's, but the Raven still has something going for it. They're fun to fidget with while bored and the chrome finish ones are fun to look at and think of how many pimps likely owned it before yourself.
Probably many I took it apart and cleaned it for the owner. It was filthy. It had like 5 parts.
I wouldn't trust my life with one of those.

Highpoint for the win!

I saw some guy on the Interwebs last night. YT. He did a multi-part deal with Clint Smith on old firearms. He was semi-clueless.

He had his top 5 guns of 2023. One was Glock. Not a model. Glock. The platform. One was a Honey Badger in 8.7mm. One was a Beretta shotgun. I forget the 4th. But the last one was a 10mm HiPoint.

I saw some guy on the Interwebs last night. YT. He did a multi-part deal with Clint Smith on old firearms. He was semi-clueless.

He had his top 5 guns of 2023. One was Glock. Not a model. Glock. The platform. One was a Honey Badger in 8.7mm. One was a Beretta shotgun. I forget the 4th. But the last one was a 10mm HiPoint.
Yeets out baby

And who doesn't have an 8.7

Flexing on the poors!
Some day, when you want to puke, I'll post pictures of what started out as a stainless steel government-framed 6" 1911, which if the story from the homeowner is to be believed (and everything else he had said checked out as to what something was) it started life in the 90s as an early production Nighthawk with a double stack, made after Para Ordnance started making their double-stack conversion kits. The rust was so bad no markings or serial number was legible, and so we didn't want anything to do with it. Obliterated serial number and all that. Apparently, some 25 years ago he set it down, other stuff got piled onto it, and at some point it got knocked down. Then the basement started collecting water.... and the rest is just a shame. The only thing that was still visible and able to be identified was some severely molded and rotting teak grips.

this guy was a true gun nut, but bought something, forgot he bought it, and bought another, rinse and repeat. We found 7 fan belts for a wrecked Saturn he had in his side yard. He had a mostly mint early 2000s Ranger he parked 10 years ago, every body panel clean and straight, but when the truck sank down a bit, and the tires went flat, the frame started touching the ground..... and the frame is toast.

somebody mentioned $60 rmr cut red dots - where are they?
They're not RMR pattern, they're Shield RMS/RMSc pattern

yeah, rmr pattern is a must. i have 2 cheap glock gen3 slides, and want to put a dot on at least one the of them. but it is not worth anything decent.

I might pick that up...i wanted to try one

What would be the point? Or are DAO more shootable with a red dot since during the long pull you don't have to keep the sights lined up perfectly?

I'm being facetious, and SCCY actually made some guns with an optic cut, the combination was rather comical given the price point.

I'm being facetious, and SCCY actually made some guns with an optic cut, the combination was rather comical given the price point.
Why does the price matter? If the gun works well and shoots well enough to consider paying to put an optic on it, what difference does the pewpew price make?

End of the day, you're calculating a total cost of pewpew plus optic, cheaper pew and dot means less bones you gotta feel leave your bank account.

Has your friend had a chance to peruse the catalog from the fine folks at Nerf?

They’ve even stepped up into the night vision game, for those more discerning individuals.

You're telling me I spent 3000+ on a PVS-14 for nothing? JRH is about to get a strongly worded email.

How cheap are we talking about, here? Average Joe cheap, or NES next-level Pinty cheap?
well, the nes cheap is a, probably, a printed frame, $120 set of all lower parts and, i think the cheapest slide with completion parts kit and barrel that can be done for around $220 or so, so, a roughly $350? when you sum it all up, it does not look too cheap anymore. no good, no pinty cheap.
still no nes cheap, as real nes cheap is when you get paid to be given a gun. gotta be a positive cash flow, not negative.

Back
Top Bottom