• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Whats a good super cheap pistol optic

I have a keltec p17 i wanna put an optic on

Was wondering whats a good cheap pistol optic for it

I run holosuns on my guns that dont cost 150 bucks

But i have a hard time buying an optic that costs more than my gun

Before i get pinty 85 times

They are a hundred bucks on amazon for pistol optics

Its a keltec
BSA or Pro point at best…

Pinty's website lists the ones a bunch of us bought several years back @ $23.99 marked down from $29.99 not $100. Waht did we pay for them, like $8 each? I got 4. They work fine but the dot has a lot of "flare" and there is no indication of which way to turn the turret to adjust them.

Good luck with whatever you go with.

there are no good cheap red dots other than holosun.
amazon is full of things from $25 to $150 price range - you can try some and may even get lucky with a sample which emitter will not be traveling and will not get torn off by recoil.
unfortunately, for some reason, there are no reliably good cheap knock-offs for pistol red dots. so the cheapest good one was a holosun 407c but i was told it was discontinued, as it was only $220 and now the cheapest will be a 507c that is $100 more, because 'reasons'.

I've been running the notorious Pintys on my Marlin Camp 9 and on my S&W Victory for about 3 years. They work fine.
I think most people who shit on inexpensive gear are mostly justifying their expensive purchase.
LOL I am going to put a Pinty on my .458 SBR and see how it does.

Truglo Tru Tec. IDK what the slide is cut for on the P17, but if you can find a way to stick the Truglo on it, it's a great budget optic for low recoiling calibers.

Wait a minute! Everybody knows you're supposed to spend more on the optic than you did on the gun. Oh, wait, is that just for rifles and scopes??? Damn, I gotta go pull that SRO off my TX22...

The Primary Arms one doesn't have shake awake, right? Just auto shut off after 8 hours. But when you need the pistol in a defensive situation, you'd have to turn on the dot manually. Ehh.. good range dot but not for defensive use.

Holosun 407K or 407C with the simple red dot seems to be the best budget choice if changing out the battery in a side tray without removing the entire optic is important to you. Top loading battery compartment, not a fan.

The Primary Arms one doesn't have shake awake, right? Just auto shut off after 8 hours. But when you need the pistol in a defensive situation, you'd have to turn on the dot manually. Ehh.. good range dot but not for defensive use.

Holosun 407K or 407C with the simple red dot seems to be the best budget choice if changing out the battery in a side tray without removing the entire optic is important to you. Top loading battery compartment, not a fan.

Having to turn on a red dot is the least of your problems if your using a keltec for a self defense gun

They are really good optics i have a bunch on my macros

But turns out the screws on top aren't for an optic on the keltec

So I'm not going to but if i was it would be wayyyy cheaper

Auto shut off after 8hrs? ... damn. Are you sure it is auto shut off and not the battery dying?

Back
Top Bottom