Whats the difference between a port and an expansion chamber

Is there any difference in the way a firearm operates/ recoil impact in lets just say a staccato with a chunk port job vs a staccato xc.

Not the firearms that made me wonder but the easiest example to show what i mean

They operate real similar with the difference being the chuck port is cut into the barrel and the XC has a small comp at the end of the barrel. The Chuck port will only vent gasses upward, while the XC comp with have an impact surface for the gasses to slow down the recoil of the barrel/slide and vent gasses upward. So the XC will be better at recoil reduction.

They operate real similar with the difference being the chuck port is cut into the barrel and the XC has a small comp at the end of the barrel. The Chuck port will only vent gasses upward, while the XC comp with have an impact surface for the gasses to slow down the recoil of the barrel/slide and vent gasses upward. So the XC will be better at recoil reduction.
Gotcha that's what it looked like to me but I'm not smart enough to really know.

Back
Top Bottom