What did you do to your firearm today.

I switched out the junk (not hardened properly) DPMS trigger on my AR for a nickel boron coated trigger. Also added a BCM vertical grip. The one with the 5° angle.

Cleaned my Garand and finally attached a web sling. Also disassembled and soaked my M1 carbine bolt in CLP and M-Pro 7 cleaner then scrubbed and lightly lubed it. Wow was that bolt rotten. So much built up fouling, now you can actually see the bare metal. Finally cleaned the chamber and bore on that carbine too.

The carbine bolt tool was well worth the money, makes it very easy to disassemble and reassemble.

Where did you get the tool? I have a garand coming tomorrow and want to be ready.
On an unrelated note, the other day I put the volquartsen internals that i got from a secret santa in my 10/22s bolt. Hope to test it today.

Where did you get the tool? I have a garand coming tomorrow and want to be ready.
On an unrelated note, the other day I put the volquartsen internals that i got from a secret santa in my 10/22s bolt. Hope to test it today.

Well this is for the M1 carbine bolt not the Garand bolt. You don't need a special tool for the Garand bolt. But I got mine from this vendor:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/ad/544250.htm

Set up my watchmaker's lathe and ran off a new slide lock safety plunger for my 1908 25 auto. The original launched itself somewhere in my mess of an office when I first took it down to clean it.

Might make a few to sell - I've already got one guy asking me for one on coltforum.com.

20150215_214915_zpsnsmuynqu.jpg

20150215_214921_zpserfii8ni.jpg

20150215_214927_zpsbup27lbv.jpg

Last edited:
I did a little carving of the grip on my Dan Wesson 744. I made some shallow finger grooves for a more comfortable grip, used a little spirit dye on the wood and then did a couple coats of Tru-Oil. I also refinished the medallions.

I'm contemplating making new medallions in stainless steel to match the revolver. I'd do them in a reverse pattern where the initials are engraved in instead of standing proud.

I cleaned a few.

Yes those are the wife's Easter decorations. Apartment living has removed me from the basement work bench to the kitchen table. :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427068004047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427068004047.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 40
Installed some new Wolff springs in my gp100. Hopefully get out to test it this week to check reliability.

shipwreck - DTOM

Went to my range with my son and shot off a variety of our inventory until the button retainer screw fell out of my lcr. Learned that can be an issue one shot to many so looks like a trip to Ruger. Might drive it to the factory if that might be faster than mail.

Sold my 30sf to a NES member .. in its place , getting a second glock 21sf..what can i say i like having duplicates... now i own a duplicate for everything except the norinco 1911

and carried both my 19 and 26 today.

oh and picked up a massive box of cinnabons

Sold my 30sf to a NES member .. in its place , getting a second glock 21sf..what can i say i like having duplicates... now i own a duplicate for everything except the norinco 1911

and carried both my 19 and 26 today.

oh and picked up a massive box of cinnabons

Carried both the 19 and the 26 at the same time?? Bad neighborhood or just because you can [thumbsup]?

Back
Top Bottom