• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

Back working on wood here.
This set of Brit l1a1 wood is coming along real nice, been saving this one for a while. Finally have a proper rifle to put it on.
The bottom tiger striped set is what I'll be using.
The top is Australian and will be saved for a future rifle.
LGans4Q.jpeg
jyFHoNc.jpeg

Came out great! Currently curing still.
In the process of stripping the old finish on the butt I noticed the top of the comb had broken off at somepoint and had been glued back on. Nicely done as I didn't even notice the crack till the finish was removed.
To be safe and prevent it from happening again, I thread some brass rod into it with some tight bond.
Won't be going anywhere now!
oKlXdz3.jpeg
43aAPBa.jpeg
CpJ7aVL.jpeg

Dabbed the flush brass with a sharpie and coated the stock with its final coat. Can't even tell. Still curing as well, will get s final picture of it all later.

I see, another fan of Super Lube 21030 synthetic grease. Good man!

I use that stuff on everything from guns, to door hinges, to automotive electrical connections (dielectric). I actually put it on anything that does not need a specialty grease. It is also food grade, so non-toxic, don't have to worry about my family’s exposure.

You triggered me to check and right now Amazon has tubes at the lowest price in over 6 months ($8.99). A tube goes a long way, and I have a couple, but I ordered another anyway.
www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Grease/dp/B000XBH9HI/

They also have two tubes for $16.94
www.amazon.com/Super-Lube-21030-Synthetic-Grease/dp/B07F19CJ85/

BTW I use their 92003 Silicone Lubricating Grease for under the belt of my treadmill.

🐯
I use on anything with a slide and on rifle bolts and lever action.Thanx for noticing 👍

Finally removed the magazine safety on my LC9s that has been irritating me since I got the darn thing.

Didn't feel like fully disassembling the trigger, so I cut the thinnest part of the safety on both sides and yoinked it out. Only "issue" was on the second cut, the trigger bar fell off, and the trigger return spring unwound. It was perfect timing, but scared the crap out of me, because as soon as I snipped it, I felt something move and heard the trigger bar impact 10 feet away. All went back together easy, and the trigger feels smoother than it was.

took off red dot scope that was mounted on my 460 smith, put warner mounts on it and installed a 2.5 x 8x Leopold. could not get accuracy from the red dot at 100 yrds, sighted it in at 25 yrd put four shots in one hole.. took it to 100 and had a one inch group..happy now

Back working on wood here.
This set of Brit l1a1 wood is coming along real nice, been saving this one for a while. Finally have a proper rifle to put it on.
The bottom tiger striped set is what I'll be using.
The top is Australian and will be saved for a future rifle.
LGans4Q.jpeg
jyFHoNc.jpeg

Came out great! Currently curing still.
In the process of stripping the old finish on the butt I noticed the top of the comb had broken off at somepoint and had been glued back on. Nicely done as I didn't even notice the crack till the finish was removed.
To be safe and prevent it from happening again, I thread some brass rod into it with some tight bond.
Won't be going anywhere now!
oKlXdz3.jpeg
43aAPBa.jpeg
CpJ7aVL.jpeg

Dabbed the flush brass with a sharpie and coated the stock with its final coat. Can't even tell. Still curing as well, will get s final picture of it all later.
I don't suppose you want to fix a K98 duffel cut for me? haha. The wood just gets ripped up if i replace/re-drill a fresh pilot hole for a new screw, and I'm so god damn sick of grabbing a scolding hot k98 barrel mid range sesh haha.

I don't suppose you want to fix a K98 duffel cut for me? haha. The wood just gets ripped up if i replace/re-drill a fresh pilot hole for a new screw, and I'm so god damn sick of grabbing a scolding hot k98 barrel mid range sesh haha.
Unfortunately I'll have to decline. I'm far from a professional, oiling is usually as far as I go. That stock repair was pretty hard to go wrong so thats why I attempted it.
If you'd like though I can put you in touch with someone who can work wonders. He resurrected my almost split in two sks stock.

Managed to only mangle the original bayonet lug, used the matching serial H band and sling loop when I swaped the k98 over to the "new old stock" (same years as the original, unissued) wood. Much easier than I expected. Looking forward to shooting her without getting 3rd degree burns when the duffel cut slipped forward and I'd grab the bare barrel haha.

Attachments

• k7.jpg
    k7.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 7
  • k6.jpg
    k6.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 7
  • k5.jpg
    k5.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 7
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    642 KB · Views: 7
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 7
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 7
  • k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 7
  • k8.jpg
    k8.jpg
    565.7 KB · Views: 7
Id like to know if this works with 9mm 1911s.

This is from the Advantage Arms website's Q&A section: "Our 1911 conversion kit is made to fit any FULL SIZE 1911-A1 frame, series 70 or 80, made to Military Specifications." Beyond that, they don't specify, but I had done a little research, myself, before I purchased the kit because I was also curious about this. And mostly what I saw was "it depends". It seems to fit some guns and not others. It's probably best to contact Advantage Arms directly and ask about your specific gun, and they may know the answer. Good luck.

Frank

Replace the interim carbine stock and installed a proper prs stock on the .308 M5.

Added a zoom lever to one of my other M4 scopes.

Cleaned and retightened down my optics rail on my 22/45 fur the steel shoot next Sunday!

View attachment 874851
I just put a LUTH AR stock on my long range 223 . Also bought the LUTH AR stock for my M5 build. Nice adjustability in them. It was like Christmas today waiting and opening my Primary Arms boxes !

I caved in to the boy’s pleadings and just built our first AR tonight. PSA pistol with Anderson stripped lower. Took us just under 3 hours, but I had to keep getting tools. Everything seems right, function check went as normal as it could with only safe and semi. Tomorrow we’re gonna try it out, hopefully I’ll get to shoot it, he’s psyched and even I’m kind of excited, this will be the first AR I’ve ever fired, now I can be in the club.

I caved in to the boy’s pleadings and just built our first AR tonight. PSA pistol with Anderson stripped lower. Took us just under 3 hours, but I had to keep getting tools. Everything seems right, function check went as normal as it could with only safe and semi. Tomorrow we’re gonna try it out, hopefully I’ll get to shoot it, he’s psyched and even I’m kind of excited, this will be the first AR I’ve ever fired, now I can be in the club.
Well they won't let me in and I've got an AR with EVIL FEATURES. [rofl]

Dropped an extended slide stop into a Glock 26.

I'm still not moved by Glocks, but it's so nice to have a few guns with plentiful parts and an easy way to swap them in and out.
My 26 MOS has quickly made it to the top of my carry lineup. Awesome little package that is a pleasure to shoot. No issue shooting multiple hundreds of rounds a day with it.

Back
Top Bottom