• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock switch. How do you legally own one?

Just bend your cruciform to 0% and call it a day.

Not that I would ruin my own glerk doing so.

Trust me. Having fired plenty of full auto, it is very much overrated in any platform designed to be fired off hand.
When I was in, we were issued the the M16-A2 with the notorious 3 round burst. Which we quickly understood was 1 hit and 2 misses.

If it is not on a bipod, tripod, or a mount, half of your rounds will not be on target. And even those platforms ( M60, MA2) experience serious muzzle rise in full auto. In the military, there is a place for this. Suppressing fire will keep Hadji's head down.
In boot they preach one shot, one kill. You get into the fleet and they say, " Lay down suppressing fire and keep their heads down" Then try to drop mortar fire or call in artillery.
If we wanted to actually score hits, we flicked the switch to semi. With my best AR I can ring steel at 100 yards with every round, and empty a 30 round magazine in about 15 seconds. Fast enough for me. Jerry Miculek can probably do it in 5 seconds

Trust me. Having fired plenty of full auto, it is very much overrated in any platform designed to be fired off hand.
When I was in, we were issued the the M16-A2 with the notorious 3 round burst. Which we quickly understood was 1 hit and 2 misses.

If it is not on a bipod, tripod, or a mount, half of your rounds will not be on target. And even those platforms ( M60, MA2) experience serious muzzle rise in full auto. In the military, there is a place for this. Suppressing fire will keep Hadji's head down.
In boot they preach one shot, one kill. You get into the fleet and they say, " Lay down suppressing fire and keep their heads down" Then try to drop mortar fire or call in artillery.
If we wanted to actually score hits, we flicked the switch to semi. With my best AR I can ring steel at 100 yards with every round, and empty a 30 round magazine in about 15 seconds. Fast enough for me. Jerry Miculek can probably do it in 5 seconds

QFT.

Full auto has its place: with a tripod and a T&E, in the right terrain, FA is a magic wand of infantry goodness. In almost any other context, it's a waste of ammo. My unit trained to suppress as fire teams, with each soldier firing about once every 3-6 seconds under the team leader's control. Aimed fire.

Back
Top Bottom