• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock Triggers

Boghog1

NES Member
So the G19 thread got me to pull my glock back out and I'm curious what others have done to make them tolerable without dropping $250 on a $500 gun?

Brief history, had the gun for years and hated the serrated trigger so swapped the factory 19 shoe and trigger bar for a factory 17 shoe and trigger bar, better but still a pretty heavy trigger ran that for a few years, swapped to a dot or minus, was much better, ran that for a bit and opted to get a RDS, I think this is strictly coincidence but the pull weight has creeped up, put a lagoon sticker control device on and could get the slide off, sent to Langdon he found a burr somewhere and fixed it, a few hundred rounds later same issue, I pulled it apart found a burr on the connector, cleaned it and worked for a few hundred rounds, and that is where I'm at again.

So the G19 thread got me to pull my glock back out and I'm curious what others have done to make them tolerable without dropping $250 on a $500 gun?

Brief history, had the gun for years and hated the serrated trigger so swapped the factory 19 shoe and trigger bar for a factory 17 shoe and trigger bar, better but still a pretty heavy trigger ran that for a few years, swapped to a dot or minus, was much better, ran that for a bit and opted to get a RDS, I think this is strictly coincidence but the pull weight has creeped up, put a lagoon sticker control device on and could get the slide off, sent to Langdon he found a burr somewhere and fixed it, a few hundred rounds later same issue, I pulled it apart found a burr on the connector, cleaned it and worked for a few hundred rounds, and that is where I'm at again.
Auto correct, I presume? :)

I do the .25c trigger job and then just live fire / dry fire the hell out of it.

Last edited:
someone here recommended o.c. custom triggers to me a couple of years ago. i like the one i bought so much, complete with trigger bar, and i got the separate connector also, i ended up replacing all my stock factory triggers. these are adjustable also for travel and reset. the triggers on my glocks are all superb, no mush or creep. a nice crisp break. i think i got out of each for about 70 bucks each. i even replaced the trigger on that lonewolf frame we got in that group buy several years ago. you can get colored trigger inserts instead of all black. i got the red on mine to tell me at a glance what trigger is in the gun, o.c. or stock.

OC CUSTOM TRIGGERS

Seems like the basic geometry of a different connector would result in either of two things;
Decreased angle gets you less pull weight but more creep. Meh...
Increased angle gets you less creep but more pull weight. So then you need lighter springs...

I tend toward removing material from the 'foot' of the striker and/or bending the sear tab down, not sure I'd do much of that on a carry piece though.

I got to try a Jonny Glock trigger.

Big $

But I’m sold.

Just need to justify the cost.

I usually do a .25 trigger job and a few springs, but this was way better.

Auto correct, I presume? :)

I do the .25c trigger job and then just live fire / dry fire the hell out of it.
Nope not a typo some of the prices these aftermarket triggersget is insane.

After posting this I went through and cleaned the gun, hit the burr with a 2500 grit stone and polished it with the Drexel, gun is back to a flat 5lb pull with clean break and snappy reset. I still cannot figure out what is causing the burr.

Nope not a typo some of the prices these aftermarket triggersget is insane.

After posting this I went through and cleaned the gun, hit the burr with a 2500 grit stone and polished it with the Drexel, gun is back to a flat 5lb pull with clean break and snappy reset. I still cannot figure out what is causing the burr.
Send it to Glock?

The way they come is good. As you shoot it it wears in and gets a bit smoother, the 25c polishing job just speeds up that wear in process. IMO the - connector makes the pull mushy so I prefer the regular one. For a competition gun swap in a heavier trigger spring, but leave the striker spring alone for best reliability.

I've been using Apex kits, OC customs with 3.5 minus oem connectors etc. If it's too complex, Glock themselves make a whole trigger,/module insert for under 100 bucks. Beware going too far off the reservation. Ghost = how about no.

As usual, it looks like I'm an outlier on this. I leave all of my Glocks bone-stock with the exception of adding night sights.
For practical shooting I think the factory trigger is just fine.
For a bullseye competition gun? No way in hell. There is nothing about Glocks that would make a serious bullseye gun, including the trigger.

As usual, it looks like I'm an outlier on this. I leave all of my Glocks bone-stock with the exception of adding night sights.
For practical shooting I think the factory trigger is just fine.
For a bullseye competition gun? No way in hell. There is nothing about Glocks that would make a serious bullseye gun, including the trigger.

I upgraded my barrels to KKM in my G19 and G17.

And I'm seriously considering the Johnny Glocks trigger.

No, it is not a Bullseye gun, but like AR's they are fun to tweak and mod...

Did you notice any accuracy improvements?

Honestly I never tried to see what it would do. My Glocks are more for play. I probably should have left them as is... But why leave them alone, right? lol

I have better platforms for "accurate" shooting. These were built this way when I was doing IDPA's with them (switched to CZ)

Back
Top Bottom