• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock 34 slide options

kalash

NES Member
I'd like to get an optic for my G34.5 while keeping my existing iron-sighted slide as-is so I can switch back and forth, so I'd like to get a second slide.
  1. Does anyone know where I can source an OEM gen5 G34 slide?
  2. Will a gen3 or gen4 slide work on my gen5 frame? If so, can I use my OEM gen5 barrel and recoil spring assembly in the older slide?
  3. If I can't source an OEM slide, what are some good aftermarket slide options with an RMR cut that will work in standard holsters? I've heard some aftermarket slides don't fit holsters made for OEM guns, which would be a problem.
  4. Although I would prefer a G34 slide, I could live with a G17 slide instead so if you know where to get an OEM gen5 one, let me know.

as of gen3 slide on gen5 frame - yes and no.
it most likely will function, but you will see a gap and it will be quite some play. so it is not a good idea long term.

i just saw those damn gen5 g34 slides month ago somewhere in $300 range and cannot find now. the expensive places like zev and omaha outdoors are always available, but, they are annoyingly expensive.

Back
Top Bottom