What are your Post-Covid Plans...?

my wife retired a couple months ago...and we were planning some epic road trips around the country.

Right now...unless we are going north of the arctic circle....not advised. So we are probably looking realistically delaying it a whole year, or until there is a vaccine available.

Total Pie in the Sky Thread.
Post up what you would like to do when this has lifted enough to get on with regular life.

Me: I'm looking for land in Arizona. Somewhere between Snowflake and Show Low.
30 acres min, abutting the Sitgreaves National Forest not far from the Arizona White Mts.
Spent almost 2 years there (Arizona) in the mid-80's for Harley school and fell in love with the place and the people (and the food).
Have been back 4 or 5 times for Harley Technical Update Classes, and each time I grew closer to it.

Maybe I can plant the NES flag there...

How about you?
Sky's the limit...
View attachment 342306
Follow the lizard.

Got one today, told him to cut it short because it had to last!
Mine was cancelled a week ago. Rescheduled for this friday coming up but it doesnt look like its gonna happen either. Eventually gonna have to give myself a wiffle and she'll have to start over when its grown out at some point.

I just want to go back to work. And go out to dinner. And travel to see my parents. And be away from my kids for awhile each day. And go to the gym.

I'm a simple fellow.
Absolutely. The normal things we did before will be the most therapeutic...

Hell, I'd be happy to just be able to squeeze in a few range sessions but I'm feeling it's gonna be pretty busy the first few weeks. Other than that start hammering away at my CC debt again, got rid of 8k(even with taking 4 months off unpaid) last year and I'd like to keep that train a rollin'. Although with that covid check coming in I'm thinking a new pistol may be in order, gotta be a good American and support my local economy gun store after all. [laugh]

Dealer's Choice...

ATF meeting with the boys! Range day, smoke cigars, end it with all our families having a bbq, fire and a bottle of Whistle Pig Rye

In reality, get back into the cycle for the academy and finish. It’s currently on hold and we are only doing the didactic stuff via online classes. Get healthy, get a better job, have a kid, and travel even more. Cause right now, I’m not confident I’ll make it unscathed. I’ve already had a few positive contacts. And it’s just going to get worse. Almost feel like it’s a matter of time.

On the same side of the coin, I’m not gonna stop doing my job regardless how bad it gets. People are still relying on us.

I'm going to start putting off home improvement projects for another couple of years. Also start look for a second home somewhere far far away (from other people).

Last edited:
Start looking again in KY for land and a house. I myself need 4 walls a bathroom and 30 plus acres, the wife would like something a little bigger house wise. But either way we both want to live mortgage free and selling our place and putting what we make here on something down there we can live mortgage free.

I can still weld and fix things anywhere I go and that's right now the plan.

Back
Top Bottom