• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are your Post-Covid Plans...?

Looking to buy undervalued houses. I'm always looking but I'll be looking harder. I'm figuring once the dust settles people will realize that life is too short to spend the rest of it in Massachusetts and they'll sell cheap and head someplace better.
I am gonna buy some stock hopefully. Purely a dream at this time.

One way or another I am going to be doing more investing (physical or equity). Can't live life "just" drawing a salary from someone.

Mine was cancelled a week ago. Rescheduled for this friday coming up but it doesnt look like its gonna happen either. Eventually gonna have to give myself a wiffle and she'll have to start over when its grown out at some point.

I have found out I am lucky to have married a hairdressers daughter. Already have the clippers, scissors, and step by step instructions for how my hair should be cut. Haven't paid for a haircut in years.

Some great replies! I've enjoyed them all!
Thanks,
~Enbloc

Headed to Louisiana for a week. My wife, Jill, misses her family and they miss the grandkids. On the way back, will stop at a friend's gun shop in Alabama and pick up the stainless, fluted heavy barrel, 10/22 that I promised little Jill for her birthday in May. She earned it. Doing great in school and completely mastered the bolt-action Savage .22 she got at age 6.

Have a lot of home improvement projects to get done, inside and outside. Want the house fixed up and ready to sell, also looking to get out of MA.

Total Pie in the Sky Thread.
Post up what you would like to do when this has lifted enough to get on with regular life.

Me: I'm looking for land in Arizona. Somewhere between Snowflake and Show Low.
30 acres min, abutting the Sitgreaves National Forest not far from the Arizona White Mts.
Spent almost 2 years there (Arizona) in the mid-80's for Harley school and fell in love with the place and the people (and the food).
Have been back 4 or 5 times for Harley Technical Update Classes, and each time I grew closer to it.

Maybe I can plant the NES flag there...

How about you?
Sky's the limit...
View attachment 342306
Just looked at some land in Kingman AZ, 11 acres for 55K, water and electric. I actually have an office in Mesa, go there about once a month but have spent the last 3 years between AZ and Vegas. Both are crazy right now, just left AZ and 2 days ago it was business as usual, people everywhere, out shopping, washing the car, hiking elbow to elbow, had to high tail out to hideout in FL, just pulled in.
Wife and I are looking for our next place to settle down and AZ is top of the list!

Scheduled to have a new ACL grafted from my hamstring end of April. Not sure that's gonna happen but who knows. Hope I don't have to wait too long or my next ski racing season will be a no-go. Was planning on heading up to VT to see one of the top guys for fitting some new race boots too- not sure when I can do that.

Shoot some matches for sure- maybe Perry this year? I've got a good shot at top 10 in the Roosevelt Match (1903 or Krag) and if I get my ass practicing offhand a chance at top 3.

I’m going to buy a boat.

What you want? I know quite a few for sale! :confused:

I am going to return to my normal state of eating out for my lunch at the local spots I frequented before this crap. I actually had a full week or 10 days of lunches and it just shifted around according to their daily specials. I am sick and tired of doing dishes! In spite of the dishwasher, I used to do one load every week and a half. I am down to less than once a week because I am running out of plates and spoons.

My house rules always were, "If I cook, someone else does dishes!" Alone at home I do both!o_O

I recently started playing guitar again after a 35 year hiatus. I plan to do some open mics and eventually assisted care facilities. When my mom was in one near the end she and the others loved it when people came in to perform. So, maybe next year...

Scheduled to have a new ACL grafted from my hamstring end of April. Not sure that's gonna happen but who knows. Hope I don't have to wait too long or my next ski racing season will be a no-go. Was planning on heading up to VT to see one of the top guys for fitting some new race boots too- not sure when I can do that.

Shoot some matches for sure- maybe Perry this year? I've got a good shot at top 10 in the Roosevelt Match (1903 or Krag) and if I get my ass practicing offhand a chance at top 3.

Good luck. I had ACL replacement in 2012. I went with a replacement from a cadaver rather than the hamstring.

Good luck. I had ACL replacement in 2012. I went with a replacement from a cadaver rather than the hamstring.

I'm not particularly young but am fortunate to be very active and have a lot of muscle in the legs. Recovery is quicker / easier with a cadaver graft, but the strength of autograft is supposed to be better for some. I and others I know have a lot of confidence in my surgeon and I'm hoping to resume ski racing a little better than I've been without the ACL.

If I make it, ill paint the bottom of my rhodes 19, and get it in the water and go for a sail.
If i dont, I want a viking funeral in that boat. Y' all can skip the bottom paint.
Cant burn the boat because "Global Warming". But we can cremate you and organize a NES boat shoot.

I'm not particularly young but am fortunate to be very active and have a lot of muscle in the legs. Recovery is quicker / easier with a cadaver graft, but the strength of autograft is supposed to be better for some. I and others I know have a lot of confidence in my surgeon and I'm hoping to resume ski racing a little better than I've been without the ACL.

I dislocated my knee playing sports which led to the ACL being torn off. I was 41 at the time. I tried to do as much as possible to maintain any muscle and strength prior to surgery. After surgery the atrophy was crazy.

PT and as much work on your own will get you back into things much quicker, which I'm sure you're aware. My job requires me to be fully functioning, so I was out of work close to a year from the injury.

My main workout is running, and I'd say within a year I was back at my weekly mileage. There would be times I'd feel a little pain which was expected, and ease up a bit, but almost two years to the date of surgery that stopped.

Almost 8 years later and I'm running about 25 miles per week, sometimes more, and am running routes on turf with cleats for my son who is a QB in high school with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom