• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart stops selling most ammo and bans open carry

FWIW this whole bowing to anti-gun pressure is really nothing new for Walmart and pretty much has its routes in the death of Sam Walton back in 1992.

1993 - Walmart announces it will stop selling handguns over the counter. Special ordering of handguns through a catalog will still be allowed.

1999 (post Columbine) - Walmart stops selling certain scary-looking self-defense shotguns because they have longer-than-average tube fed magazines (Winchester Defender, Mossberg Persuader). Stops selling handguns everywhere except Alaska.

2005 - Walmart announces it will stop selling firearms in “many” of its stores due to “low” demand.

2016(ish) - Bloomturd convinces Walmart to reject the “72 hours without a proceed from BATF = proceed” rule, and to raise the minimum age to purchase any firearm to 21.

Nothing new. They think you’re stupid, and they’ve now completely aligned themselves with the leftist, Marxist progressives.

I was in the Hudson NH and Salem NH stores over the weekend. Definitely a third world experience. I blend in better in some of the ones in MA.

Pay attention to what NH natives on NES have told us many times: Those are all visitors from MASS! El Salem is deep in Bernie's territory and when the new Tuscany Village will be finished, roughly 30,000 Massachusetts commies will move over there to complete the transition of NH into Live Free For Life group of states.

I have a buddy in windham. When he told me about the new shopping center going in there, the first thing I asked was apartments too? He said yeah and I said they're gonna fill them with section 8's from Lawrence and methuen.

Very interesting to hear all the comments, For me it was the convenience and I don't have the cash flow for an internet purchase, I drive to NH on business a couple times a week and swing in and get a box. But it seems like no one is looking at the BIG picture. The antis are always looking to push there agenda forward even in small increments Just like some banks stopped doing business in the firearm community, Like someone said WM, was 20% That's still a big chunk, WM has pushed out the Mom and Pop's in most places, So our pond only gets smaller. Yes go on the internet and get the same cheaper and they and the state have all your info. or Until they pass legislation like the candidates have promised and stop internet sales like Mass or require you to have a permit to buy like Mass and a couple of other states , They are playing a long term chess game and we just lost another rook.

This is correct, it’s not about whether you personally are affected but rather the effect that such a large avenue to purchase ammo for millions of Americans has been shut off. Saying you don’t care because you don’t shop there is akin to saying you don’t care if they take the ARs because you only have shotguns...

Cheer up, Coda, Walmart has a right not to sell. They do not have a right to dictate to their customers what to wear, though. ;)
Or do they? ;)

Walmart Asks Customers To Stop Shopping In Sleepwear, Even In States Where It's Legal

“Somehow, our stores have created a culture where people think it's perfectly acceptable to go out in public in whatever they slept in,” McMillon said. “We're trying to change that.”

The last time I bought ammo from Walmart was about four years ago, during the .22 shortage. I bought the limit (four boxes).

That was probably also the last time I've seen anyone at a Walmart gun counter.

I recall several posters being dragged on this forum for suggesting that deliberately open carrying in a provocative manner would be bad for gun owners. If people keep rolling up to public places looking like their ready to go on a stroll down Mogadishu Mile, expect more places to exert their property rights to prohibit open carry and for the general public to sour on the idea.

Deliberately being a dickhead turns out not to be good for advocacy. Who'd a thunk it?

As a meme in the funny thread - Ban autoparts to prevent crashes

How about ban alcohol sales - lots more people die from booze than guns.

How about stop selling fatty/unhealthy food - lots of people die and have horrible lives due to obesity.

How about stop selling bikinis - we can't offend the muslims

How about stop selling cigarettes/tobacco - do I even need to explain?

Last edited:
I recall several posters being dragged on this forum for suggesting that deliberately open carrying in a provocative manner would be bad for gun owners. If people keep rolling up to public places looking like their ready to go on a stroll down Mogadishu Mile, expect more places to exert their property rights to prohibit open carry and for the general public to sour on the idea.

Deliberately being a dickhead turns out not to be good for advocacy. Who'd a thunk it?

Yup, i remember that thread all too well.

And there goes wegmans jumping on the no open carry.

Rather than simply boycotting Walmart, wouldn't be better to go in the store, but a big cartful of stuff and then walk right over to the service desk and return all of it? You can even tell them why you are returning everything. You can even carry concealed while doing it. Not going to the store denies them the purchase. Making the purchase and returning it deines them the sale but costs them a transaction fee if you use a credit card and handling your return uses up resources.

Yup, i remember that thread all too well.

And there goes wegmans jumping on the no open carry.

How about a "Why I hate Wegman's" thread!

Recently, I bought some grass-fed steaks that were not inexpensive and were labeled as "Sirloin Strip". When I open the package to cook them, it was clear that the packaging itself was molded to hold the piece of meat in the recognizable shape of a NY Strip but the cut was actually some cheaper cut that had sections from 3 different muscles in it. It clearly was not what the labeling and packaging implied. F*ck them!

I don't think I have ever even bought any ammo or a gun at Walmart. But, by making me not like the store even more, it just makes me want to shop elsewhere. I needed more cat litter tonight, so I put in a $58 order at chewy.com for it, instead of drive to Walmart. 2 day free delivery.

Reminds me of this line:

39t57u.jpg

A “request” is just that - they can “request” anyone to leave their store for any reason at any time. Posting No Open Carry? There are such signs but outside of TX and a few other places they carry no enforcement beyond trespass charges if you refuse to leave. That’s just a silly insult to gun owners designed to appease their BoD, investors, Mom’s, etc.

Pulling 223/556 ammo and leaving “hunting” ammo on the shelves - another appeasement effort.

Pulling handgun ammo - that’s a hard-contact slap in the face to gun owners. You can carry concealed handguns and shop here but we will not serve your kind by handgun ammo sales. Feel free to spend your money on our other goods.

Nope.

I will pay a LGS more for ammo than Walmart with my money.

Walmart is one of the worst organizations in the world.

I NEVER go there.
Ditto. I was watching all the pundits on TV stating that Walmart was banning customers from carrying guns in their stores and I'm screaming at the TV, "NO, they only requested no OPEN carry". Not to many gun owners open carry while Millions carry concealed.

Very interesting to hear all the comments, For me it was the convenience and I don't have the cash flow for an internet purchase, I drive to NH on business a couple times a week and swing in and get a box. But it seems like no one is looking at the BIG picture. The antis are always looking to push there agenda forward even in small increments Just like some banks stopped doing business in the firearm community, Like someone said WM, was 20% That's still a big chunk, WM has pushed out the Mom and Pop's in most places, So our pond only gets smaller. Yes go on the internet and get the same cheaper and they and the state have all your info. or Until they pass legislation like the candidates have promised and stop internet sales like Mass or require you to have a permit to buy like Mass and a couple of other states , They are playing a long term chess game and we just lost another rook.

We are a designated group of citizens which is easy to step on. Commies need to scare sheep with monsters and we are a very kind and very understanding monster which needs to be beaten publicly from time to time. So, when their stupid ideas about Russian collusion, racism and global warming turn out to be made up fairy tales, they quickly jump on us, and we start crying in public to their full satisfaction. The more we cry the happier commies are, because they can't achieve any other victory anywhere else but here, with us, old farts without a clue what is going on outside of our ranges.

Commies are consistent with their goals: We should not have a gun, we should not have a knife and we should have only one right; To vote for commies.

Keep being nice! That is exactly what commies need.

Removing hand gun ammo is removing hunting ammo. I just bought a 1894 marlin in .44 mag,so now I can't get my hunting ammo (Winchester white box 240 gen soft points), I went into Walmart Salem, Epping and Derry and all that was left were the federal rounds ,so I bought 1 box

Back
Top Bottom