• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Waiting for the Police to come get me right now!!!

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
I just got a call from a Scott Brown supporter asking me if I would attend the rally tomorrow in Worcester.

While I was on the phone with Marie, I asked casually, if she knew if Mechanics Hall in Worcester was a Federal Building or part of a School where people with a License to Carry firearms are prohibited.

The caller got all shook up, saying she didn't know.

I said "It doesn't matter, I'll be there tomorrow".

When I got off the phone my wife BLASTS me for being an idiot. She now thinks the Police will be coming to our house.

She's almost in tears out in the living room because I'm such an "asshat", according to her.

I said, if I can't even ASK that question, what kind of freedom do I have?

She told me to take a hike, basically, and she's still mad at me.[thinking]

Damn, I wasn't going to open carry. LOLOL

Though my wife got her LTC, I guess she really hasn't grabbed the whole "Right to Bear Arms" concept yet.

What a stupid thing to fight about. Welcome to Massachusetts.

I just got a call from a Scott Brown supporter asking me if I would attend the rally tomorrow in Worcester.

While I was on the phone with Marie, I asked casually, if she knew if Mechanics Hall in Worcester was a Federal Building or part of a School where people with a License to Carry firearms are prohibited.

When I got off the phone my wife BLASTS me for being an idiot. She now thinks the Police will be coming to our house.

She's almost in tears out in the living room because I'm such an "asshat", according to her.

Though my wife got her LTC, I guess she really hasn't grabbed the whole "Right to Bear Arms" concept yet.

Wait you own guns!!?!?!? AHHHHHHH [shocked][grenade] oh well shell get over it just go do something really stupid she'll forget all about the phone call

[rofl][rofl][laugh2][laugh2]

Tell her not to worry about it. I'll bail you out buddy.

FWIW when I went to Mechanics Halls website it did not say that it was a Fedreal Building so I would say "Carry on". It is however on the National Register of Historic places

Wait'll she sees you with all the blue face paint running around with an AR slung across your back, only clad in a few bandoleers of 5.56, screaming "SCOTLAND IS FREE!!"

Then she'll really be pissed.

I was just going to leave for awhile and she wants my credit card in case she has to bail me out. I gave her one of Darius' business cards too,, to calm her down. In case the SWAT team comes while Im out, she'llk have a lawyer to call!!!

Nah, you will be OK. I met Scott Brown at the Holbrook Gun show. Real nice guy.

Now if it was a Coakley call you'd already be in leg irons with the Hannibal Lecter mask on.

Somewhat related question......I think I can guess the answer, but wanted to check

I'm going to the state house on the 27th....I assume you can't CCW there?

fencer, I know Scott, and he wouldn't care a bit. My wife thinks the volunteer is going to call the FBI though!!! LOL

Wouldn't Coakley have a field day if she could say Brown had a supporter arrested because he asked if he could legally carry a to a public place.

Jeez, some days you just can't win.

I was just going to leave for awhile and she wants my credit card in case she has to bail me out. I gave her one of Darius' business cards too,, to calm her down. In case the SWAT team comes while Im out, she'llk have a lawyer to call!!!
I'll trade you a carton of cigarettes for one of your model 34s.

Respectfully,
jkelly

It appears both your wife and that caller have, shall we say, "issues." Most unfortunate.

Mechanics Hall is NOT a Federal facility nor a school.

And I sincerely doubt Scott, as a Lt. Col. campaigning on security issues and with an A rating from GOAL, would be the least troubled by your presence.

Having done calls for the campaign, it certainly would not have bothered ME.

Well, whatever you do, make sure it's concealed.

All Coakley needs now is for some idiot LTC-owner to go to a Brown rally, openly carrying a pistol.

What a stupid thing to fight about. ....

Welcome to marriage. [hmmm]

"What kind of freedom do I have?"[rofl][rofl]
[laugh2]

Well, whatever you do, make sure it's concealed.

All Coakley needs now is for some idiot LTC-owner to go to a Brown rally, openly carrying a pistol.

Unless the rally was at a range...

IDEA?

Last edited:
Don't worry buddy, just give me a call and I will come and bail you out[wink] As to Dibs, stand in line guys, I have know Billy for 30 years and he has promised me first dibs[laugh]

See ya tomorrow buddy.....also if you do need the "bail out" call my cell[rofl]

Don't worry buddy, just give me a call and I will come and bail you out[wink] As to Dibs, stand in line guys, I have know Billy for 30 years and he has promised me first dibs[laugh]

See ya tomorrow buddy.....also if you do need the "bail out" call my cell[rofl]

Fred, she wouldn't let me leave the house until I gave her your super secret, personal cell phone number!!! Really.

What time tomorrow? Did you get through to that shop? When do they open?

Coyote33 you said "What kind of freedom do I have?"[rofl]

I meant freedom in Massachusetts to ask a question about guns. In the peoples republic of Wife, I know I have no guaranteed rights. LOL[laugh]

fencer, she sent me an e mail telling me to "Call your buddy to bail you out". She saw your post. I forwarded her the thread. Boy am I in trouble now LOLOL[rofl]

atilla, thanks buddy. I'll remember the character reference. Forget that muffler, I'm selling it for scrap!!!

Scriv I would have given my wife YOUR card to bail me out, but I didn't want you pulled away from the Scott Brown phone lines. Good on you!

FreeWillie. Very funny.[wink]

Half Cocked I don't think I want to go in there ever and try to tell her why to get the dog hidden.

Whew!!!![wink]

Because a criminal wouldn't want to bring a gun into a Federal Building or gun free zone to commit a crime, right? Makes sense to me.

Dr.CCW, I wish you made sense to me. [laugh]

I don't know what the heck you've been talking about.

I detect an attempt at sarcasm, but it fails.[thinking]

They may have lock boxes but I'm not 100% sure.
They do have provisions for storage, but if it's like the lockboxes at One Ashburton, they will be small in number, and designed to accommodate the occasional legally armed individual who does not have the LEO credentials required by building policy (not MGL by the way, just policy). They will not be equipped to handle large number of LTC holders attending an event, and I would also expect that, even if there is lockbox or two left, the officer staffing the checkpoint probably has wide discretion as to providing the service or simply denying entry (for example, to preserve the last lockbox or two for someone on official business, but without the necessary credentials to be armed in the building).

If you're going to visit your rep or gaze upon the sacred cod on a day when nothing mush is happing at the statehouse, you'll probably get polite treatment and use of a locker. If you visit when there is a big public event, or gun hearing, don't expect anything other than a polite no.

Last edited:
They do have provisions for storage, but if it's like the lockboxes at One Ashburton, they will be small in number, and designed to accommodate the occasional legally armed individual who does not have the LEO credentials required by building policy (not MGL by the way, just policy). ....

Is this a WRITTEN policy? If so, do you have a copy? I'd be interested in seeing this. If a VERBAL policy, that could be open to interpretation (who you know), right? Would that be considered arbitrary?

That's what I figured. I just hate going into Boston without any protection.
Just walk fast and don't look up at all the tall buildings and no one will know you are from out of town. Or stick with one of the grade school class tours.[rofl]

Going to the State House in the daytime is not exactly putting your life on the line. 18 million tourists visit Boston a year. Most of them don't go to public housing projects at 11pm on a Saturday night and have no trouble.

Last edited:
Because a criminal wouldn't want to bring a gun into a Federal Building or gun free zone to commit a crime, right? Makes sense to me.

I guess your point is that the person taking the call for Brown should righteously be concerned because the caller (depicts) might really be a criminal.

I suppose if the Brown operative DOES drop a dime on depicts, it will because she fears me might be a nut intending to do harm to Brown.

That's why his wife is so P.O.'d at him.

Back
Top Bottom