• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...

I'm currently feeling a bit discouraged.
Finally had to leave. Couldn't take it anymore. Old women, 70+, 80+ and 90+ and their handlers had regular, sane working folks easily outnumbered. Culturally diverse youths brought in by one of the anti-2A organizations to line the walls and intimidate. Lovefest for any and all moonbat gun-grabbing proposals. Emotions and lunacy over facts and our Constitutional rights across the board. Felt like a big anti-2A rally with brief bits of truth and sanity occasionally mixed in. It was sickening.

Gotta say if this is the best we can do, we are going to lose bigtime. If folks on our side can't afford to take a day off to fight this well-organized anti-2A nonsense, there is zero hope. Excuses won't cut it. Excuses don't do us any good. Only our presence in overwhelming numbers will help... and that's if it's not already too late.

I have never been so discouraged in my life than I am today.

Finally had to leave. Couldn't take it anymore. Old women, 70+, 80+ and 90+ and their handlers had regular, sane working folks easily outnumbered. Culturally diverse youths brought in by one of the anti-2A organizations to line the walls and intimidate. Lovefest for any and all moonbat gun-grabbing proposals. Emotions and lunacy over facts and our Constitutional rights across the board. Felt like a big anti-2A rally with brief bits of truth and sanity occasionally mixed in. It was sickening.

Gotta say if this is the best we can do, we are going to lose bigtime. If folks on our side can't afford to take a day off to fight this well-organized anti-2A nonsense, there is zero hope. Excuses won't cut it. Excuses don't do us any good. Only our presence in overwhelming numbers will help... and that's if it's not already too late.

I have never been so discouraged in my life than I am today.
This is their plan. Drive you out of the room, away from politics by spewing vile nonsense so loud you can't take it and will do anything including submit to oppression to make it go away.

Only it doesn't go away, you submit, they ratchet up to the next set of demands.

Today it is your guns, tomorrow they will demand your life.

Recognize it for what it is. Get ready for more and either submit and be part of the problem, move and hope it does not follow you or take up the battle from somewhere you think you can do more or wipe the vomit off your mouth and speak up against it.

Last edited:
The next meeting is 2 august in springfield right? Ill try to get a "Umass gun club" panel together.

Eta: l also see about getting a umass Veteran club group to go as well.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
I have that day off and will try to attend. Have they announced a time.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all a dog and pony show for the gun grabbers.

NAACP now up and wasting huge amounts of time, blathering on about themselves. Disgusting.

All these people keep talking about national level problems, like state legislators have any power to fix them.

NAACP now up and wasting huge amounts of time, blathering on about themselves. Disgusting.
Even worse given that their position is that we need to punish the people they claim to "advance" It with the exact types of institutional racism that the civil rights era was trying to unwind.

Classy...

The data doesn't lie. The people most affected by gun-control laws, that is, most unable to lawfully keep and bear a firearm for their protection, are minorities living in arease with the highest crime.

Progressives and their useful idiots are complicit in the victimization of people stripped of their right defend themselves.

Time to stop being polite and start calling this what it is.

The next meeting is 2 august in springfield right? Ill try to get a "Umass gun club" panel together.

Eta: l also see about getting a umass Veteran club group to go as well.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Id be interested in the "panel" for the Worcester event, couldn't make the one today as I'm flying back to Mass this evening

This is their plan. Drive you out of the room, away from politics by spewing vile nonsense so loud you can't take it and will do anything including submit to oppression to make it go away.

Only it doesn't go away, you submit, they ratchet up to the next set of demands.

Today it is your guns, tomorrow they will demand your life.

Recognize it for what it is. Get ready for more and either submit and be part of the problem, move and hope it does not follow you or take up the battle from somewhere you think you can do more or wipe the vomit off your mouth and speak up against it.

Thats their plan which is to have numerous BS so called mtgs to wear down the pro2a crowd to a whisper then just state that "overwhelmingly Residents want more gun control". Linsky might be an anti gun zealot but he knows exactly what to do in order to get his way and get reelected.

How would the following play?

"I come before you as a citizen, protected by the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I will not beg or grovel so that you will take no more of my rights, I come here to TELL you that you cannot have them. The fact that these bills can even be considered is an indication of how far from the path set forth by the founders we have strayed.

I am a citizen in good standing, I am a Moral and Decent Man and I will not submit to anymore infringements on my God given rights. All of the bills I have looked into and most of the laws already on the books will not stop criminals - it merely creates more of them.

I must obtain a license to exercise my Second Amendment Rights, with this 'precedent' does it not allow you, at some time in the future, to require a license to attend worship services or to speak in public?

Vermont has Constitutional Carry and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Massachusetts already has among the strictest, and I would argue Unconstitutional Laws, on the book yet our crime rates are among the highest. Repeat offenders are consistently caught and released where a legal citizen with an original Firearms Identification Card (good for life) is held without bail for a dangerousness hearing.

You and your fellow members of the General Court have probably already made up your minds on how you will vote, that is your prerogative. I have also already made up my mind on what steps I will take if you pass these unconstitutional laws. I ask you, what happens when tens of thousands of others decide they will take the same course as others involved in the Civil Rights Movement in years past? What happens when a 'mandatory' date of turn-in comes and goes and you have thousands who have ignored your edict? What happened in Montgomery, Alabama when one person said "No More" then hundreds and then thousands joined?

An unjust/unconstitutional law is not law at all - merely folly that demonstrates the ineptitude of those that passed it. Due to the fact that I own firearms, I must present myself at my local police department every 6 years, have a background check run, be deemed worthy of exercising my right - even if my record has no blemishes I can still be denied and finally pay $100 to exercise a right. Perhaps I am wrong but I thought poll taxes (a tax on a right) were ruled unconstitutional.

In closing, I urge you to remember your oath; "To Support and Defend" not to infringe and deny.

Yes I intend on stating this in Springfield.

Last edited:
Ramble ramble.....inner city violence is caused by criminals. These kids need to stop rambling...

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

The politicians are enabling this with the panel testimonies. Complete waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

How would the following play?

"I come before you as a citizen, protected by the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I will not beg or grovel so that you will take no more of my rights, I come here to TELL you that you cannot have them. The fact that these bills can even be considered is an indication of how far from the path set forth by the founders we have strayed.

I am a citizen in good standing, I am a Moral and Decent Man and I will not submit to anymore infringements on my God given rights. All of the bills I have looked into and most of the laws already on the books will not stop criminals - it merely creates more of them.

I must obtain a license to exercise my Second Amendment Rights, with this 'precedent' does it not allow you to at some time in the future require a license to attend worship services or to speak in public?

Vermont has Constitutional Carry and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Massachusetts already has among the strictest, and I would argue Unconstitutional Laws, on the book yet our crime rates are among the highest. Repeat offenders are consistently caught and released where a legal citizen with an original Firearms Identification Card (good for life) is held without bail for a dangerousness hearing.

You and your fellow members of the General Court have probably already made up your mind how you will vote, that is your prerogative. I have already made up my mind on what steps I will take if you pass these unconstitutional laws. I ask you, what happens when 10's of thousands of others decide they will take the same course as others involved in the Civil Rights Movement in years past? What happens when a 'mandatory' date of turn-in comes and goes and you have thousands who have ignored your edict?

In closing, I urge you to remember your oath; "To Support and Defend" not to infringe and deny.

Someone gave that basic testimony earlier.

I cannot attend. If I could, I would ask why, when the current gun laws in Massachusetts already take up 200 pages, they are considering more licensing restrictions, but continue to dismiss criminal charges against people who violate the existing laws. Here's a list of 49 gun charges that were dismissed in the first six months of this year in Worcester.

The current proposals will do nothing to reduce crime as the laws are not enforced. These only add more restrictions to those who willfully obey the laws.

This is the list of dismissed gun charges from the Worcester Telegram:

Used this. Its like I slapped them all in the face. The best was that I followed the Worcester DA after telling how tough they are with the current laws :)

Used this. Its like I slapped them all in the face. The best was that I followed the Worcester DA after telling how tough they are with the current laws :)

Great testimony. They looked dumbfounded when you started mentioning all the obscured serial numbers that were then dismissed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Does all this have to be voted on before this year's legislative session ends or will these laws otherwise have to be resubmitted for next session?

As an aside, Massachusetts has little to offer beyond what is available in many other states. The gun issue is just one thing which makes living here unpleasant or intolerable. I'm moving to Florida, already found a place and lined up work. Technology and developments in travel make keeping in touch with family and friends not a big deal. I did my thing, wrote letters, made calls. This is going the same way as CT and CO. Mass. won't be outdone.

Last edited:
Posting here for your daily LOL

I'm sitting in cruiser and a woman pulls up and asks me how to get to Assumption for hearings. Her friend shortly joins her.
I play dumb and ask what's going on... and they say its for gun control.
Me: To make gun laws better or worse?
Them: Depends on what you believe in
Me: Oh
Them: We're for tightening laws and better background checks to make you SAFER (LOLOLO)
Me: I'm pretty safe already. I have a gun. Too bad I can't make it
Them: Yes. It would be awesome to have a police officer help our cause
Me: I think you've got me confused for one of your supporters. I support getting rid of most of our draconian gun laws

Them:
TomsMindBlown.gif

Me: Most cops I know are like ME

Simply awesome! I would have loved to attend but had knee surgery today. Sucks I couldn't be there.....:mad:

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Great testimony. They looked dumbfounded when you started mentioning all the obscured serial numbers that were then dismissed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Which was my point. I think the NAACP shot themselves in the foot, figuratively speaking :)

Does all this have to be voted on before this year's legislative session ends or will these laws otherwise have to be resubmitted for next session?

As an aside, Massachusetts has little to offer beyond what is available in many other states. The gun issue is just one thing which makes living here unpleasant or intolerable. I'm moving to Florida, already found a place and lined up work. Technology and developments in travel make keeping in touch with family and friends not a big deal. I did my thing, wrote letters, made calls. This is going the same way as CT and CO. Mass. won't be outdone.

The "legislative session" now lasts 2 years, so it has be voted on before Summer 2014. They take a "recess" during the Summer, hold some hearings but usually don't vote on any important/controversial issues until after their "recess". They also take "recess" for Thanksgiving and then Christmas thru New Year's, etc. It's a real tough job! [laugh]

These hearings are much like security measures at the airports . . . all theater. I've been at them in the past as well as hearings on other issues where they actually agreed with us on what needed to be done. Then after the hearing they go into the back ("smoke filled") rooms with the paid lobbyists (not our side) and decide how they will screw us. Our testimony (written or oral) means very little to them.

I do agree that MA is very likely to pass something onerous.

Congrats on setting up your escape route.

I called my Senators Office to complain about the times of these hearings. I actually used the words Kangaroo Court to describe how anti's are being bussed in. This is a disgrace. I have to live here due to my job, I already told the wife that we are heels up the day I retire, I'm going out to the Dakota's or Montana to be left alone.

I didn't think it was that bad. It is telling that virtually every 'panel' was pro gun control with little or no basis for the additional laws, in some cases calling for things like 'universal background checks' in MA even though we have them.

Meanwhile, every individual speaker was pro-2A with very few exceptions.

They pretty much let everybody go as long as they wanted, including some 2A folks who were just rambling. The only people they tried to stop were at 9 minutes plus.

The panel thing was disproportionate, though.

Why don't we get an NRA grant to ItsTime and have 10 Ambassadors each speak for three minutes on one specific issue with the bills? This is what Bloomberg is doing.

Back
Top Bottom