Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...

Mr. Naughton said he had met with mothers who lost loved ones to gun violence and met with City Councilor Sarai Rivera and groups concerned about gun violence in Worcester. He had also met with Second Amendment advocates.

Well, don't hurt yourself talking to everyone. Sounds like, oh yea I talked to some 2A folks, but they didn't matter.

I told my wife yesterday to get the bags ready to be packed. I would hate my precious little guns to rock your niave little world.

I couldn't stay any longer. When I finished my testimony, it was almost 5 and I had to get home to my family.

The orange seats in the back had better padding than the black ones.

How about this? WE won't stop until any bad legislation is blocked, or overturned! How's that grab ya??

I just got back form the meeting at Assumption.
I don't think it went that bad. ALthough they did obviously bus people in. And it seemed like they were given priority. But to be fair to the commmitee they alternated between "individuals " and groups". The downside was that each person in the group was given three minutes. We had some good speakers on our side.
Even the guy that was an "anger management therapist" that quoated some good statistics and suggested ( surprise) an increase in mental health funding. He also was critical of current
security at our schools , saying he could "drive a heard of cattle through most of them, if he had any cows." ( I thought this was a little funny) He also asked if there had been any studies done on the actual frequency of "preban standard capacity magazines" actually being used in crimes.
No one on the commitee answered this and he responded " There
isn't any , I looked."
ggboy

Re: Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...
Now they have some PFC from the army, who is now a firearms expert.

Apparently the majority of bullets on the battlefield are 9mm.... news to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What d-bag is this! I have done two combat deployments and I look forward to shoving his facts up his ass. I know I am only a shit bag with a bronze star but I will level that sob with facts and truths. Fought for freedom? Really I hope you show up at the other forums. Anyone get his name?

All you guys that left, missed out. It looks like they've saved the best for last.

"We won't stop until legislation is passed"

Can you clarify? Was that a pro or anti statement and by whom?

Thanks and thanks for staying so long. I left at 4 since I had'nt eaten since breakfast.

How would the following play?

"I come before you as a citizen, protected by the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. I will not beg or grovel so that you will take no more of my rights, I come here to TELL you that you cannot have them. The fact that these bills can even be considered is an indication of how far from the path set forth by the founders we have strayed.

I am a citizen in good standing, I am a Moral and Decent Man and I will not submit to anymore infringements on my God given rights. All of the bills I have looked into and most of the laws already on the books will not stop criminals - it merely creates more of them.

I must obtain a license to exercise my Second Amendment Rights, with this 'precedent' does it not allow you, at some time in the future, to require a license to attend worship services or to speak in public?

Vermont has Constitutional Carry and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Massachusetts already has among the strictest, and I would argue Unconstitutional Laws, on the book yet our crime rates are among the highest. Repeat offenders are consistently caught and released where a legal citizen with an original Firearms Identification Card (good for life) is held without bail for a dangerousness hearing.

You and your fellow members of the General Court have probably already made up your minds on how you will vote, that is your prerogative. I have also already made up my mind on what steps I will take if you pass these unconstitutional laws. I ask you, what happens when tens of thousands of others decide they will take the same course as others involved in the Civil Rights Movement in years past? What happens when a 'mandatory' date of turn-in comes and goes and you have thousands who have ignored your edict? What happened in Montgomery, Alabama when one person said "No More" then hundreds and then thousands joined?

An unjust/unconstitutional law is not law at all - merely folly that demonstrates the ineptitude of those that passed it. Due to the fact that I own firearms, I must present myself at my local police department every 6 years, have a background check run, be deemed worthy of exercising my right - even if my record has no blemishes I can still be denied and finally pay $100 to exercise a right. Perhaps I am wrong but I thought poll taxes (a tax on a right) were ruled unconstitutional.

In closing, I urge you to remember your oath; "To Support and Defend" not to infringe and deny.

Yes I intend on stating this in Springfield.

That is very well put!

Could anyone let me know of any respectable realators in vt or nh.
You know, just in case. Maybe a log cabin or A-frame.
By the way the AWB in RI has been stopped ...at least for now.
ggboy

Can you clarify? Was that a pro or anti statement and by whom?

Thanks and thanks for staying so long. I left at 4 since I had'nt eaten since breakfast.

Sorry, it was definitely anti. this was from a lady that her and her partner (her words, not mine. i couldn't care less who she's sleeping with) started some community program. i forget the name.

Re: Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...
Now they have some PFC from the army, who is now a firearms expert.

Apparently the majority of bullets on the battlefield are 9mm.... news to me.

What d-bag is this! I have done two combat deployments and I look forward to shoving his facts up his ass. I know I am only a shit bag with a bronze star but I will level that sob with facts and truths. Fought for freedom? Really I hope you show up at the other forums. Anyone get his name?

i just wanted to clarify that he never claimed to be a firearms expert. i mentioned that because he was talking like he considered himself one.

He was on one of the buses from the inner city.

Send written testimony to the 2 Chairs of the Jt Comm on Public Safety. Their contact info is on the state website. My State Rep told me that they bundle up all written testimony, make copies and distribute to all committee members.

To the guy who put up the court cases list in Worcester, pm me. I owe you a beer. I even had antis coming to me, thanking me for naming felons :)

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

Send written testimony to the 2 Chairs of the Jt Comm on Public Safety. Their contact info is on the state website. My State Rep told me that they bundle up all written testimony, make copies and distribute to all committee members

What's your take on how seriously they take the written statements?
Do you think they actually read them ?
I would submit one in case I can't make Middleton.
But is it going to just end up in the recycle bin?

Written testimony to the 2 Chairs of the Jt Comm on Public Safety can be E-Mailed as well https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J22. Committee Members then click on their names and view the public profile.

Better to type up a response and mail it in.

These politicians get hundreds if not thousands of emails a day. Their junior staffers peruse through them and send out a canned response...who knows if the committee members even end up seeing them.

Send written testimony to the 2 Chairs of the Jt Comm on Public Safety. Their contact info is on the state website. My State Rep told me that they bundle up all written testimony, make copies and distribute to all committee members.

Do you have any evidence that suggests the committee members actually read this bundled testimony?

There I was at 1pm sitting there thinking, "Hey maybe I'll head over to the range after this to shoot some of my evil guns before they are banned"..... I just got home a little while ago. I stayed until the very end, probably about 5:30 - 5:45. I was one of the last 10 or so to testify. There were probably a dozen people left at the end. Most of the individuals near the end were pro-2A.

For whatever its worth I asked Timilty about submitting written testimony. He said its ok to send in any time until the end of all the hearings, and he encouraged sending in testimony and especially if you find things in the various bills that contradict each other etc... so I would assume that means he, or someone, intends to read them....

Thank you all who attended today and kept us updated with info. As I am home recovering from knee surgery today, I couldn't attend but would have loved to.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

There I was at 1pm sitting there thinking, "Hey maybe I'll head over to the range after this to shoot some of my evil guns before they are banned"..... I just got home a little while ago. I stayed until the very end, probably about 5:30 - 5:45. I was one of the last 10 or so to testify. There were probably a dozen people left at the end. Most of the individuals near the end were pro-2A.

For whatever its worth I asked Timilty about submitting written testimony. He said its ok to send in any time until the end of all the hearings, and he encouraged sending in testimony and especially if you find things in the various bills that contradict each other etc... so I would assume that means he, or someone, intends to read them....

Jeff, good on you for staying until the very end. I left shortly after 5, as I needed to pick up my better half. With the exception of the panels, it seemed almost everyone who spoke was on our side. The only thing I got from the inner city kids speech was a hankering for hotdogs and beans. I honestly don't remember the rest-other than a PFC saying that the 9mm Beretta isn't high capacity. Last I checked, they were 15 rounds????

Jeff, good on you for staying until the very end. I left shortly after 5, as I needed to pick up my better half. With the exception of the panels, it seemed almost everyone who spoke was on our side. The only thing I got from the inner city kids speech was a hankering for hotdogs and beans. I honestly don't remember the rest-other than a PFC saying that the 9mm Beretta isn't high capacity. Last I checked, they were 15 rounds????

I couldn't be sure of what his point was there. He started out with "why on earth does anyone need a Glock 17 with 17 rounds! The military only uses a 9mm!"
So a 15 round 92FS is more benign than a G17?
Then he continued on with something to the effect of "capacity doesn't matter, the military only recently changed to a 9mm from a .45 with a 7 round mag, only because 9mm is easier to find on the battlefield!"
Wait, are you making an argument for or against mag capacity limits??

My summary of the testimony from the inner city kids that were bused in is:
"Half of my friends have been shot. Trafficking guns and straw purchases are a problem - one gun a month and no more private sales will solve this. My neighborhood is very dangerous, tons of gang activity and drive by shootings - but, nobody I know thinks having a gun will make them any safer... well, except for this one 18 year old I know who got shot and now won't leave the house without a handgun"

Don't ask how that 18 yr old got a gun and don't worry about him carrying it without a license. He is probably a responsible guy who has done many hours of live fire training like everyone seems to want so badly.

Who are some people to email with concerns about these bills, and is there a conglomerate link to proposed bills. I'm wicked busy and don't have as much time as I usually do to sit down and dig through everything on my own.

PS so far 4 "ins" for the Umass Gun Club panel.

Mike

Who are some people to email with concerns about these bills, and is there a conglomerate link to proposed bills. I'm wicked busy and don't have as much time as I usually do to sit down and dig through everything on my own.

PS so far 4 "ins" for the Umass Gun Club panel.

Mike

Bills Currently Filed at MA State House

Contact the members of the Joint Committee on Public Safety

Lots of great speakers today, thanks to all who came.

I also enjoyed the old timer with a booming voice that mentioned we should teach gun safety and the Constitution in school...

Whether this inspires or encourages everyone to come in the future I am not sure, but if we don't continue to show up and counter the charismatic preaching of the left to end the "scourge of evil illegal guns in our cities", we will all be WISHING our guns laws were as GOOD as New York's come October...

You know, the same folks from the anti side keep showing up. I heard the same speech 3 times today. I know we are all passionate about this-lets not dismiss the board based on their party affiliation, or even their GOAL ratings. Naughton and Timilty really are listening to this. Their jaws dropped when I made my speech. They truly are hearing our side. We must, of course, continue this fight. I think that, overall, we are doing a good job. The fact that some of us are recognized, even before we speak, is good. That means they know us. That means they also know the antis, and their canned speeches. IF we continue to speak from the heart, from personal experience, then this is good. Its no longer about numbers. ITs about passion.
You know what I saw today? I saw a LOT of anti 2A people. I saw them come in, be herded like cattle, make their speech, make some silly chants, then leave. I ALSO so a lot of Pro 2A people there that, after they made their statement, stuck around. Maybe not all day, but long enough to hear what was to be said. You know what that says? That says that we CARE. We have PASSION. We didnt fire our shots, then run for the hills. We stayed. Why? Because these are OUR rights being infringed upon. As I said in my statement today-the ONLY ones affected by these laws are US. Criminals dont care, and those that dont own guns dont care. WE care. We showed that by sticking by one another. And, I commend all of you for doing that. I left at 5, and there were still about 50 people there. For those that spoke later, I truly apologize I didnt get to stick around. To everyone who spoke today, kudos. It wasnt easy. I thought I sounded like a blathering idiot. But, when I looked at the faces of the board, I knew I hit a nerve. Too bad the Worcester DA wasnt around to hear me blow his crap out of the water. He was probably too busy dismissing criminals though.

Despite all the flaming of Naughton that has gone on here I also got the impression that he, and Timilty, weren't just brushing of all the testimony. I think they also deserve some kudos for staying for 7.5 hours.

I should also thank the staff at the Dunkin Donuts in the building for being nowhere to be found when I got there. If I had made the mistake of getting a large iced coffee I probably would have pissed myself while trying to sit there all day.

I went, and sumbitted written testimony. I did not plan to speak, but so many people were rambling about "universal background checks" that I decided to speak about 140 -129A, B, and C (the FA 10 laws). Unfortunately, It took so long for me to be called (5:15pm) that somone covered the topic before me. I think it was PaulD. STOLE MY THUNDER! [laugh]

But I said my piece anyway, and refuted the grandmother (from GAG, Grandmothers agaibnst gun violence, no, I did not make that up) who said after 9/11 we had to "balance the right to privacy with the right to safety". I told the committee that none of my rights are up for "balance". I will be more prepared fopr verbal testimony at middleton

Other observations
Oldsoldier29 hit a home run
The 89 year old WW2 vet was great.
There are a lot of people who are straight out OK with being sheep, and being locked in their houses. They even admitted as much.
A lot of straight out lies by some of the Anti-gunners. Many said mass had the lowest gun crime, BS, its on wikipedia as BS. Others used 25 year old study statistics. They can mostly get away with this because of the format.
To the clergy panel: I don't care what your Jesus said, or what scripture says. My right to bear arms and to self defense does not depend on them.
The tall legislative aide in the white dress who was taking sign in sheets was very attractive.
One of the NAACP kids had his pants sagging. Classy. I should have taken a picture
None of the "blacks are disproportionate victims" brought up the other, more inconvienent fact that goes with it.

Back
Top Bottom