Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...

And my speech will talk to my rights, not privileges. These are the lies we must dismantle. I would call them myths, but myths usually have some truth. These certainly don't.

YES. Seems to be a common anti- misconception, rights vs. privileges. Are we now calling it the Bill of Privileges?

Yes, Bloomberg/Biden/Rosenthal talking points are - in no particular order:
1. "Demand a ban on high capacity ammo" (magazines, despite there already being one in MA)
2. "Demand a ban on "salt Weapons" (despite there already being one in MA)
3. "Demand universal background checks" (despite there already being FA10s in MA)
4. "Demand sensible/reasonable regulations" (despite no such thing existing for a fundamental right)
5. "This is a public health issue" (and/or "just like cigarettes and smoking")

There were a couple more, but that was the drone we heard just about word-for-word over and over.

These are also the talking points that are coming from DC. Holder started the "we need to brainwash them just like we did with smoking" in the 90's (that is not an exaggeration, it is nearly a direct quote of what he said for those playing the home game).

It was funny that the gentleman with the eye patch, Mr. Cakounes, called out Dan Wolf for lifting then distorting his cigarette quote from a previous conversation.

But yes, same drivel regurgitated by most.

I enjoyed the smiles and nods I got from most of the anti's and grannies. With two boys in tow I'm sure I was expected to be in their camp. [laugh]

Posted on GOAL's Facebook page:

Take note, due to a formal session at the State House the "gun hearing" scheduled for Wed. June 26 in Worcester has been re-scheduled for Monday July 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM. Location remains the same, @ Assumption College.

Not being able to fire within 1,000 feet of a home is a great law. I'm sure the criminals will be sure to follow that restriction. Wouldn't want to get nabbed for that on top of the murder they're going to commit. "common sense for the children." ****in *******s.

Not being able to fire within 1,000 feet of a home is a great law. I'm sure the criminals will be sure to follow that restriction. Wouldn't want to get nabbed for that on top of the murder they're going to commit. "common sense for the children." ****in *******s.

No discharge within 1000 feet of a home is a simple antihunter bill:

500 foot radius = 785,000 square feet = 18 acre no discharge zone
1000 foot radius = 3,141,592 square feet = 72 acre no discharge zone

Try finding a place to hunt in eastern Mass where you will not be 1000 feet from a home

Except it looks like most of the proposed legislation 2 years ago were "good" bills...not so today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there were a ton of bad bills proposed back then too. Can't find the original thread, but there were NES'ers doing live updates during the hearings about them. A lot of the bad bills under consideration today were also proposed back then (new AWB, one gun a month, etc). It's just that this time, the legislators have gone full retard.

When are these idiots going to wake up and realize a gun ban and all the stupid bills aren't going to solve or stop gun crime. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the criminals and people that want to inflict harm with a firearm don't care about gun control? Its all bulls*** and doesn't solve a damn thing! Makes me sick the ones that know nothing of firearms are the ones that want to strip us of our rights. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

When are these idiots going to wake up and realize a gun ban and all the stupid bills aren't going to solve or stop gun crime. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the criminals and people that want to inflict harm with a firearm don't care about gun control? Its all bulls*** and doesn't solve a damn thing! Makes me sick the ones that know nothing of firearms are the ones that want to strip us of our rights. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Short answer: never

The moonbats that I've tried to sway all seem to say:

I don't care if it won't fix the [Columbine, Aurora, Sandy Hook, whatever] violence problem. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!

And, that's the problem. Logic doesn't work with them. As News Shooter said, it's a waste of bandwidth.

Last edited:
The moonbats that I've tried to sway all seem to say:

And, that's the problem. Logic doesn't work with them. As News Shooter said, it's a waste of bandwidth.
Well if logic and reason aren't part of the equation, I'd ask why not just ban school or gatherings of 4 or more people, that would end all mass shootings by definition. [sad2]

Well if logic and reason aren't part of the equation, I'd ask why not just ban school or gatherings of 4 or more people, that would end all mass shootings by definition. [sad2]
They have their own "logic". School is considered a popular activity and will never be banned. Same with people getting together in groups or 4 or more. The private possession of firearms is not considered to be a popular activity by these fools. Eliminating the private possession of firearms, according to their warped ways of thinking, will eliminate all mass shootings.

Who wants to get together Sunday, to practice speaking, and coordinate on points, and maybe even try the "diamond" thing?

I'm going to try to speak at this... will be my first time speaking at an actual hearing so hopefully I don't come across like an *******.

How long should I expect to have? It can't possibly be more than a three minutes.
Are stats useful while speaking, or should they be submitted as written testimony?

pro gun ,3 minutes, anti's ,time unlimited.

I wonder if there will be local police there, eyeballing everybody who speaks. We all know the MCOPA is our enemy in this fight, and the rest of the police just fall in line to the MCOPA.

I also wonder if local clergy people will speak.

We REALLY need to organize. Has anyone reached out to the Worcester Tea Party folks yet?

IT'S TIME has gotten quiet lately. Deb? Ty? Mike?

Who wants to get together Sunday, to practice speaking, and coordinate on points, and maybe even try the "diamond" thing?

Diamond won't work as it is not a debate - no comments from the crowd.

What time Sunday? I am not available until late afternoon. Can open my house for a get together, but it's a long way form Worcester (Taunton).

We need a large number of people with similar information but different statistics - each person needs to hit on each of the topics that the antis cover with actual statistics. If you have a speech, give copies to all of the committee members with cites for each statistic.

IE: Ban on 50 BMG

A GAO Investigation shows that 50 BMG caliber weapons had been used in only one crime until 1999. While there had been 28 confiscations by law enforcement, the rifles had not actually been used to commit a crime. There is no evidence that the firearms are even occasionally used in crime, therefore banning them serves only to restrict lawful sportsmen engaging in long range marksmanship.

U.S. GAO - Weaponry: .50 Caliber Rifle Crime, GAO Office of Special Investigations letter

Universal back ground checks:

Massachusetts laws (cite) requires all individuals to have an FID or LTC in order to purchase or posses a rifle, shotgun or firearm. Private sales between licensed individuals are legal and must be reported on a FA-10 form or electronically within 7 days. Given the effectively instant reporting of any infraction by license holder and the ability to revoke said license on demand by the issuing law enforcement officer and subsequent confiscation of all firearms possessed, a de facto universal background check current exists in Massachusetts.

Etc...

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be local police there, eyeballing everybody who speaks. We all know the MCOPA is our enemy in this fight, and the rest of the police just fall in line to the MCOPA.

I also wonder if local clergy people will speak.

We REALLY need to organize. Has anyone reached out to the Worcester Tea Party folks yet?

IT'S TIME has gotten quiet lately. Deb? Ty? Mike?
Sorry, very poor connectivity for me for near future and continuing past the hearings on the 8th [sad2]

Regarding pastera's comments, I agree there is no benefit to diamond in this sort of format. You come up to the microphone.

The win here is numbers, presentation and putting a lie to their emotional, heart string tugging propaganda.

Some thoughts from the prior meeting:
They have heard their fill of generalities at this point. Never a bad thing for them to hear how people really feel, but at this point the statistics have all been said, skewed, re-said, etc...

What seemed to move them most is specific commentary on how specific bills and specific clauses are broken, hurt good people, could be changed, etc...

I know it is tough since I 've begun this process myself, but try to go through some of the bills and comment specifically on things like how no FTF transfers will preclude family guns from being passed down for example.

Personally, I would mix some broad advocacy with laser focused critique of bills... give a little intro/stats to show the futility of the law and then get back to specifc bill numbers.

Leave the screaming and repetition of platitudes to the other side, I assure you, they will be there to vomit up Bloomberg's talking points over and over.

Sorry I can't be there. Thank you to all who can and I look forward to seeing some of you at hearings later in the year...

Last edited:
Hope to attend the Worcester session.

I scanned through the bills earlier and saw Devolve's manifesto with the mention of restricting certain 'high power' calibers in the summary, but did not see the actual details. Anyone know where I can find the details regarding the Mass proposed ban on 50 BMG?

There are a few good bills on the list, such as provision to make it legal to sell target pistols- I assume even if not on the AG's list. I know it won't happen in Mass but someone has proposed a repeal of the 'salt ban.

There's no shortage of ugliness in these bills, unfortunately. Some I think have not yet been mentioned on this thread: ban on anyone 'handling' a 'machine gun' if they are not legal to own said 'machine gun', applying firearm distance requirements from structures & roads for archery. Bye bye full auto fun shoots & backyard archery. I know, real rednecks have archery targets in the front yard. Some of my redneck friends from my home state of Tennessee were known to take deer from their back porch- in a subdivision.[laugh]

Back
Top Bottom