• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two things happened in Boston around me just now

Livefreeormass

NES Member
Episode 1, 3:50PM.
I just paid for my groceries at an oriental store and decided to chat with the security guard that the store hired, inside the exit door.
Me: "What pistol are you carrying?"
"M&P 9"
Me: "Can you carry more than 10 rounds in your magazine?"
"12. Or whatever I want."
Me: "Isn't that illegal?"
"It's a 9 millimeter."

Episode 2, 4PM.
I parked in front of an apartment building (10 minutes parking allowed for pickups and dropoffs) to pick my wife up. Behind my car was a red fire hydrant over the curb. An African American lady pulled up and parked next to it. The lady walked up to my window.
Lady: "You know you can't park here without a permit?"
I pointed to the 10 minutes sign:" I am picking my wife up."
"It doesn't matter."
(My wife showed up at this moment.)
Me: "Why can you park behind me?"
"I have a permit"
Me: "What makes you so important?"
"I work for the state."
Me decided to tease a little:" So you are more important than me?"
"Of course!"
I could tell the lady was real proud, prouder than those Chinese officials I'd met over the years.

Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

Me: "Can you carry more than 10 rounds in your magazine?"
"12. Or whatever I want."
Me: "Isn't that illegal?"
"It's a 9 millimeter."

Let's just make mags that magically hold whatever we feel like

Officer: "How many rounds does that magazine hold?"
Me: "At the moment? One."

Loophole'd

Should've asked the second lady who exactly she was

I just paid for my groceries at an oriental store

Didn't you get the memo, today's politically correct word is "Asian". Oriental became un-pc shortly after "colored" was replaced with "of color".

I used to argue with the security guys all the time. They would say move and I would say no. I said, "I'm not parked. The vehicle is running and my foot is on the brake." Give it a little chirp and car moves. They would say something like they didn't care etc. I would say, okay, go call the cops or something. You got no power here and you know it.

In that case, I'm tired of being called Caucasian......I've never even BEEN to Caucasia......

Same. I hate that label. And yeah OP, of you asked me how many rounds my gun held and you came back with the legality of it I would give you an attitude back. Curiosity has it's place and bugging a security guard is a bit silly.

You don't really have to say African American. Many black people around Boston actually take offense to the term because they are Caribbean or South American or something else... not African.

I'm sure livefreeofmass was so concern about offending anyone that he asked the woman which country she hailed from so he could go home and properly report the heritage of the douche he encountered.

Back
Top Bottom