• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two things happened in Boston around me just now

Wtf
I had always thought I was oriental... Now I'm Asian?
Seriously I've been ignorant.

Actually, there is a movement to get rid of the use "oriental" as someone has decided it is offensive. I never could figure out why though. Notice how corporate HR types always use "Asian" and not "Oriential" now - they tend to be up on the latest PC requirements.

You should have told her to stfu, that she's nothing more than a glorified welfare case taking money from the taxpayers.

Episode 1, 3:50PM.
I just paid for my groceries at an oriental store and decided to chat with the security guard that the store hired, inside the exit door.
Me: "What pistol are you carrying?"
"M&P 9"
Me: "Can you carry more than 10 rounds in your magazine?"
"12. Or whatever I want."
Me: "Isn't that illegal?"
"It's a 9 millimeter."

Episode 2, 4PM.
I parked in front of an apartment building (10 minutes parking allowed for pickups and dropoffs) to pick my wife up. Behind my car was a red fire hydrant over the curb. An African American lady pulled up and parked next to it. The lady walked up to my window.
Lady: "You know you can't park here without a permit?"
I pointed to the 10 minutes sign:" I am picking my wife up."
"It doesn't matter."
(My wife showed up at this moment.)
Me: "Why can you park behind me?"
"I have a permit"
Me: "What makes you so important?"
"I work for the state."
Me decided to tease a little:" So you are more important than me?"
"Of course!"
I could tell the lady was real proud, prouder than those Chinese officials I'd met over the years.

So with the second person, there wasn't any kind of an affirmative action comment to shoot her down?

Charles.

You should have started your responses with; ...." Umm.....Do you know WHO I AM....?!!?

Would have made for some interesting situations.....

edward_norton_angry_laptop_gif.gif

Episode 1, 3:50PM.
I just paid for my groceries at an oriental store and decided to chat with the security guard that the store hired, inside the exit door.
1: Me: "What pistol are you carrying?"
"M&P 9"
2: Me: "Can you carry more than 10 rounds in your magazine?"
"12. Or whatever I want."
3: Me: "Isn't that illegal?"
"It's a 9 millimeter."

Going to go against the grain here, but my response would be (Had I been that security guard).

1: MYOFB

2: MYOFB

3: MYOFB

Is it your job to go around checking on people carrying firearms ?
Or, did you just needed to fill your gossip quota to post on the interwebz ?

No it's not my JOB. And not every security guard is as guarded as you. You sound as closed a personality as can be found out there.
And no, I don't have a gossip quota.
Happy now? Now lighten up, for goodness sake.

I don't know... pursuant to the second situation, I would've been on the phone calling in an illegally parked car right next to a fire hydrant...don't call the cops, call the fire department...they LOVE those calls [grin]

I'm sorry but Episode 1 is no different than what happened to the OP in this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/massachusetts-laws/195963-pre-ban-mag-post-ban-ar.html

You were out of line on that incident.
Umm
Ok, it is not funny to many people. But it was to me.
Bad laws confuse people, easily. Noncompliance happens all the time for various reasons, thanks to those bad laws. Even at this moment, I don't know who's exempt from the mag capacity law. Maybe the security profession is? All I know is, high cap is legal for the gov, and illegal for small people.

Also maybe you could condemn my curiosity. I'm curious by nature and hate being real serious. I'd ask a cop on duty what he carries and his mag capacity. So far no one has said myofb.

Well my wife got all animated in the car after episode 2. She thought we should have let the lady know that she worked for us. That's something I learned.

You should have run into the building and pulled a fire alarm.

With any luck that ignorant "state worker" - would have gotten her car modified by the fire department.

24102d1303917867-parking-front-fire-hydrant-bmw-fire-hose.gif

I'm sure livefreeofmass was so concern about offending anyone that he asked the woman which country she hailed from so he could go home and properly report the heritage of the douche he encountered.

My point, which you obviously missed, is that "black" skin does not always equal "african american". It's ok to just say black.

Umm
Ok, it is not funny to many people. But it was to me.
Bad laws confuse people, easily. Noncompliance happens all the time for various reasons, thanks to those bad laws. Even at this moment, I don't know who's exempt from the mag capacity law. Maybe the security profession is? All I know is, high cap is legal for the gov, and illegal for small people.

Also maybe you could condemn my curiosity. I'm curious by nature and hate being real serious. I'd ask a cop on duty what he carries and his mag capacity. So far no one has said myofb.

I suggest that you read my response in that referenced thread.

I offer free info here when people ask about a law, but I do NOT go around asking people if they know what the law is or tell them what it is if they are visibly violating it. It's none of my business unless they ask me first. I also offer a seminar on the MA gun laws, but again people volunteer to pay me to teach them what I know.

And I have a BSEE . . . engineers are a curious lot by nature, but I'm smart enough to know where and when asking questions will not be appreciated and interpreted as being a busybody.

Episode 2, 4PM.
I parked in front of an apartment building (10 minutes parking allowed for pickups and dropoffs) to pick my wife up. Behind my car was a red fire hydrant over the curb. An African American lady pulled up and parked next to it. The lady walked up to my window.
I pointed to the 10 minutes sign:" I am picking my wife up."
"It doesn't matter."
(My wife showed up at this moment.)
Me: "Why can you park behind me?"
"I have a permit"
Me: "What makes you so important?"
"I work for the state."
Me decided to tease a little:" So you are more important than me?"
"Of course!"
I could tell the lady was real proud, prouder than those Chinese officials I'd met over the years.

You should have told her to eat a bag of dicks.

Episode 1 sounds like a case of not minding your own business.

Number 2 sounds like you ran into one of the latrina dowannas that work for BTD. Even the police hate them.

-Mike

Episode 2, 4PM.

I would have told her to MYOB and then called the cops to report her illegal park job. With any luck they would show up and ticket her.

Back
Top Bottom