• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two things happened in Boston around me just now

No it's not my JOB. And not every security guard is as guarded as you. You sound as closed a personality as can be found out there.
And no, I don't have a gossip quota.
Happy now? Now lighten up, for goodness sake.

So the security guard you spoke to had a more open personality. And what was his reward for being a decent human being and answering your questions? You proceed to post about him on the internet apparently in an attempt to make him look stupid.

Episode 1, 3:50PM.
I just paid for my groceries at an oriental store and decided to chat with the security guard that the store hired, inside the exit door.
Me: "What pistol are you carrying?"
"M&P 9"
Me: "Can you carry more than 10 rounds in your magazine?"
"12. Or whatever I want."
Me: "Isn't that illegal?"
"It's a 9 millimeter."

Episode 2, 4PM.
I parked in front of an apartment building (10 minutes parking allowed for pickups and dropoffs) to pick my wife up. Behind my car was a red fire hydrant over the curb. An African American lady pulled up and parked next to it. The lady walked up to my window.
Lady: "You know you can't park here without a permit?"
I pointed to the 10 minutes sign:" I am picking my wife up."
"It doesn't matter."
(My wife showed up at this moment.)
Me: "Why can you park behind me?"
"I have a permit"
Me: "What makes you so important?"
"I work for the state."
Me decided to tease a little:" So you are more important than me?"
"Of course!"
I could tell the lady was real proud, prouder than those Chinese officials I'd met over the years.

I would not have even rolled down the window. We deal with a lot of African customers and they are the rudest people ever. The people from Ghana seem to be the worst, rude and always looking for a deal.

You don't really have to say African American. Many black people around Boston actually take offense to the term because they are Caribbean or South American or something else... not African.

There is no such thing as an African American, or Asian American, or Latino American or European American. There are Americans and there is everyone else. Anyone born here who seeks to disassociate them self from American culture by using a qualifying adjective to describe who they are is not worthy of my respect. Celebrate your ethnic or religious heritage, more power to you, but don't call it American.

Last edited:
Wow, I've lived in Boston for 15 years now, and nothing like this ever happens to me.

If someone told me "I work for the state" I would have asked them for ID, possibly even taken a pic of their license plate. Pull out a phone camera and it's amazing how often people find something else to do and say.

Last edited:
In that case, I'm tired of being called Caucasian......I've never even BEEN to Caucasia......

I agree, my ancestry is definitely not from the Caucasus region. I'd probably get a ton of bad looks if I just told people I was Aryan... Some a**h*** ruined that for us a while ago.

So the security guard you spoke to had a more open personality. And what was his reward for being a decent human being and answering your questions? You proceed to post about him on the internet apparently in an attempt to make him look stupid.

I think OP was genuinely curious, not critical. I've asked people what they're carrying before. Not trying to blow their OpSec, if they told me to **** off I'd have walked away. I'm a gun guy and I like talking to other gun peoples about guns, sue me. The "isn't that illegal?" was a bit knee-jerk, but whatever, they guy answered his question (sort of [rolleyes]) No harm, no foul.

I know I'm like a curious cat. Whenever I see an open carry, the one inside me wants to know what gun it is.

Best way to find out is start looking at reference materials at a library or the Internet. Gun magazines are helpful too. You can read them free at B&N. To me when you go up and ask someone what they are carrying or how many rounds they are carrying (ESP the latter) crosses a boundary. It's really NYFB, on the other hand if you have done your homework and say something like "that's a really nice Sig you've got there" I'll probably talk guns with you, otherwise myob.

My point, which you obviously missed, is that "black" skin does not always equal "african american". It's ok to just say black.

Did anyone here read about the "race riot", although they are not calling it that, in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago? Some Somali immigrant students were attacked by a bunch of black kids in the cafeteria. Seems that the "African Americans" are pissed that the Africans are not playing into the victim game. Since the Somalis don't care about slavery in the US that ended 150+ years ago, they just want an education and a chance to succeed. This does not play well with the entitlement crowd. The last I heard the police were investigating it as just a fight, not a racial attack. That's a surprise, isn't it?

The last time someone game me some shit about "reparations" I just told them that I was busy trying to get reparations from the Egyptians for the 400 years my ancestors were enslaved there.

American Blacks are being manipulated by the Liberal Establishment. They're being played.

But as it gets them Free Stuff, they just go along.

Bread and Circus.

Thanks folks for a good education session. I've learned a few things from you, which wasn't my intention lol. I probably won't ask a random open carrier about his weapon/magazine again. This means that I'd have to buy all guns interesting to me, and mags too (no I didn't say it! Unless I move.). J/k.

As far as demographic and personality diversity, I'll live and let live. I want to keep being a happy and simple individual, enjoy everything I have and about to have, including firearms. Meanwhile I'll contribute to the cause of protecting people's fundamental rights. I love it here in this country and with you folks too. Not saying you are angels, but I'm from a place a lot worse than mAss.

Now onto building my guns!

Do the Orientals, oops Asians, call us Occidentals or is that taboo as well???? [thinking]

No, you can call "Whitey" anything. But you know that already.

And "Whites" are not the FN Majority !

Asians of multiple cultures outnumber Whites of multiple cultures by 5 to 1 or better.

- - - Updated - - -

I think my bride has already given me one.

Is "a**h***" a protected class?

[rofl]

I just wish I had been the one the lady had stopped and told me that she was privileged because she was a state worker. I think she would be in for a surprise. [rofl]

No shit right? The nerve of some people is insane. They need a nice reality check every now and then.

tumblr_m9i08uSW6B1qkpxg5o1_400.gif

I just wish I had been the one the lady had stopped and told me that she was privileged because she was a state worker. I think she would be in for a surprise. [rofl]

If you have a chance to drive by Boylston/Temple Place in Boston, note a government vehicle Ford Fusion parked on a handicapped spot by Temple Place. The apartment building guard said it had parked there for a week now as of 6:45pm today. It has a single orange envelop on its windshield. The plate # is U.S. Goverment G12 0423L. The guard said it could not be towed b/c it was a government car.

G12 0423L.jpg G12 0423L inside.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a Native American, as I was born here.

I'm a New Englander, as I was born in Mass.

I'm a Bostonian, based on my accent.

I'm a Flatlander to the Vermonters, and a Damned Yankee to the southerners.

People are people, and most need to relax.

You forgot Ma**h*** to the rest of New England.

If you have a chance to drive by Boylston/Temple Place in Boston, note a government vehicle Ford Fusion parked on a handicapped spot by Temple Place. The apartment building guard said it had parked there for a week now as of 6:45pm today. It has a single orange envelop on its windshield. The plate # is U.S. Goverment G12 0423L. The guard said it could not be towed b/c it was a government car.

View attachment 57162View attachment 57163

That looks like Lambert's in the background ...

View attachment 57162View attachment 57163

That's a GSA vehicle, not a state worker. There are actually a number of legitimate reasons that could be parked there for a week.

That's a GSA vehicle, not a state worker. There are actually a number of legitimate reasons that could be parked there for a week.
In a handicapped spot?

I know people who got parking tickets and even towed despite having a "legitimate reason" to park there.

They still got tickets and towed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom