Two Down At Bob's Tactical

+1 No kidding...I feel bad for the person that needs to clean up the mess, although I understand that there are companies that perform that service under OSHA regulations for blood and biohazards.

And they are really expensive - cleanups for GSW run well into the thousands

I'm not shocked that another person committed suicide there, what I AM shocked at is that it was a double suicide and both parties went through with it.

I go there all the time, seen them turn away people that came in alone and even a girl this past weekend who had no id? Wtf? They also have suicide prevention flyers all over the place. Seems like they take it very seriously.

That's weird, I've been to Granite twice and they haven't done that (call to verify you're suicidal) even though it says so in the paperwork if you're alone.

Maybe cause I brought my own firearm?

That's weird, I've been to Granite twice and they haven't done that (call to verify you're suicidal) even though it says so in the paperwork if you're alone.

I also havent had the call. I also brought my own firearms... But they didnt see the actual gun, all they saw was my locked container. I also rented a gun.

Nice range though

someone wants to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger you have to be superman or flash to even have a shot at stopping them. Batman wouldn't have a chance because he is just a regular human in tights.

I'm no expert but I feel like the presence of someone like a range officer might deter people - most suicidal types wouldn't want to risk injuring a stranger, or getting shot by a range officer - I think they'd pick a range with slack safety rules - like Bob's.

- - - Updated - - -

I also havent had the call. I also brought my own firearms... But they didnt see the actual gun, all they saw was my locked container. I also rented a gun.

Nice range though

I'm glad to hear they do check on some people, it means they're using their brains and making a judgement call. I wish more people in America would do that.

The Israelis don't rely on laws and high-tech detection equipment to protect their airports, they rely on security personnel making judgement calls.

Freedom? People complaining about freedom?

who's complaining about freedom? People are free to go or not go. I like being alive so I freely choose not to go to that place. Other people freely choose to go. What are you talking about?

I think public ranges are great and wish there were a lot more of them. Personally I'd only go to ones that demonstrated that safety is a top priority. I don't get that feeling (at all) from Bob's.

So turns out the guy is from my city.
A lot of my friends know him and his family.

He posted this on Facebook yesterday, updated his profile picture to be him and his girlfriend with a caption reading "Romeo and Juliet".

I personally didn't know him, so I don't know what he was like.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

My kids are in middle school. There was a student there who committed suicide. Don't have all the detail because of her age, but the only thing i could think to tell my kids was that there are no problems that can't be fixed. (obviously there are some exceptions medically speaking) But I told them to just remember that suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem. So talk about the problem and lets get it fixed. So I hope they remember that for their entire lives and if or when they are in despair that they should just know it will get better.

Good speech to give your kids...let them know that the door's always open and come talk to you about stuff that's bothering them rather than keeping it all in and feeling they have no where to turn, etc.

Unfortunately, for people who genuinely have clinical depression as opposed to facing what they see as a really big, inescapable problem... one of the things about depression is that it lies to you. Depression tells you your problems can't be fixed, that no one will help you, that any "help" you get will be ineffective and/or temporary. Depression tells you that there's only one way out of the hole you're in and that's feet-first.

Last edited:
I have a good friend who went schizo. also have seen a couple others go crazy to the point they had to get the butterfly nets. People always joke of people going crazy, but to see it first hand and what happens it is not nice. To see people you have known forever not know who or what they are is wild. Not fun

Been there done that. Friend of mine from high school whom i knew as a really smart kid and a nice guy started going off the rails in his late 20s. They had him on a cocktail of medications that worked. Haven't talked to him in years but if you google his name it turns out he has a string of arrests for petty nonsense all up and down the east coast. He's evidently unmedicated these days and has become some kind of drifter. What a waste of a smart guy with a college degree.

probably have the cleaner on speed dial.

The make a lot of money in high crime areas. Very messy job. Zombie Aftermath type messes.

My nephew did that job for a few years. When he subsequently took an IT job at a major hospital, the hiring manager asked if he would have anxiety being called to do PC or phone support in the hospital morgue... He doesn't.

every now and then some on NES put of full display their utter ignorance and stupidity with regard to mental health issues. wow

To allow max time for organ harvesting. Every second counts. May save a life

1. The EMTs are not qualified to pronounce death, though there may be an exception for decapitation.

2. I don't think the corpse can be release for organ harvesting in time to get fresh meat in the case of foul play because of the required autopsy. Unless, of course, you are a supreme court justice who dies under suspicious circumstances.

Mid to late 30s. At least at that point you have a handle on if your going nowhere.

I would guess somewhere between 85 and 95; earlier if you have something like ALS or stage IV metastatic cancer.

I 100% agree with ending it, if you're terminally ill or in too much pain and can't deal anymore.

I just think jkellys age stipulation is asinine.

Thats exactly why. I bring my own as well and its a non issue. If youre alone and want to rent only they get suspicious

Former LEO, never cared to get LTC then, care now. Went to Granite just the other day to shoot the P320 and they questioned that I was alone and had no equipment with me. Makes sense to me, they didn't call but I did have a buddy prepared to answer if necessary.

1. The EMTs are not qualified to pronounce death, though there may be an exception for decapitation.

Not true, they are qualified, perhaps there wasn't any, "complete destruction of the brain" despite suffering a GSW to the head. The patient could have been agonal or showing other signs of life on EMS arrival therefor they had to transport. Also, these patients weren't transported via Medflight from the scene of the incident seeing as it is less than a two mile ground transport from the scene to the hospital. My guess is that these patients were stabilized best they could at Anna Jaques and then either were pronounced in the ED or transported via helicopter to a Level 1 Trauma center.

Last edited:
Suicide = Selfishness.

Everyone has the right to do what they want to themselves, but don't expect me to care 0.0000001%.

Back
Top Bottom