Two Down At Bob's Tactical

This sucks. Whatever problems you have in your 20s are temporary.

Oh yeah, a friend of mine keeps asking me if I want to go to Bob's with him and I keep turning him down. I've been there twice--once in 2010 and once in 2011. The 2011 trip was OK, although the place was a dump, but 2010 was pretty gnarly. Cliff notes:

-Counter guy was busy looking at girlie photos on his laptop with his friends
-Never signed me in, which another employee later said was mandatory
-The two guns I rented didn't work despite having just been oiled so much they dripped on the floor
-Two guys (bro type, not banger) came in with a couple girls halfway through. They rented a .22 pistol and spent the whole time shooting at a man-sized target 10 feet away, but were hitting the floor and ceiling instead. All while laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world. I just packed up and left at that point.

MFS doesn't have a range officer. If you don't have your LTC then you have to shoot with a instructor or someone that has a LTC. If you shoot with someone with a LTC that person is responsible if anything goes south
Only a judge or jury can decide who is responsible, despite the declaration of range management or an NES poster.

Granite state range made me call a friend/family member to rent one of their handguns. The call was to ask questions regarding me possibly being suicidal.

Does bob's do this?

I go there all the time, seen them turn away people that came in alone and even a girl this past weekend who had no id? Wtf? They also have suicide prevention flyers all over the place. Seems like they take it very seriously.

How many people here are qualified to judge a person's mental state within a 3 minute interview? How should any business judge a person's mental state before offering services?

Reps for anyone offering constructive criticism.

I'm sad for the families of the kids and the all folks that were present at the time.

This is terrible!

So young.

No matter how bad things were there was no good reason of suicide at that age.

I can only resume severe mental illness.

Why use a gun though?

There is heroine everywhere nowadays - how about a $100 heroine cocktail?

+1 No kidding...I feel bad for the person that needs to clean up the mess, although I understand that there are companies that perform that service under OSHA regulations for blood and biohazards.
probably have the cleaner on speed dial.

Granite state range made me call a friend/family member to rent one of their handguns. The call was to ask questions regarding me possibly being suicidal.

Does bob's do this?
Well.....after the last suicide in that place they enacted a rule that if you are renting a gun you need to bring a friend! Aint thAt a kick in the junk.

Early twenties. At that age EVERYTHING can be fixed...

Not true, you can't fix stupid and you can't fix dead, but dead fixes stupid.

I'm surprised that Bobs was even allowed to operate a gun shop and range in that location, being both in Mass and within 500 feet of an elementary school.

What does a felon look like?

252635_10150179783779982_1648959544_n-300x240.jpg

someone wants to put a gun to their head and pull the trigger you have to be superman or flash to even have a shot at stopping them. Batman wouldn't have a chance because he is just a regular human in tights.

I'm surprised that Bobs was even allowed to operate a gun shop and range in that location, being both in Mass and within 500 feet of an elementary school.
Sooo....someone that tries or succeeds in suicide is automatically stupid?

Most likely because Bob's was there before the new school was built.

My kids are in middle school. There was a student there who committed suicide. Don't have all the detail because of her age, but the only thing i could think to tell my kids was that there are no problems that can't be fixed. (obviously there are some exceptions medically speaking) But I told them to just remember that suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem. So talk about the problem and lets get it fixed. So I hope they remember that for their entire lives and if or when they are in despair that they should just know it will get better.

I have a good friend who went schizo. also have seen a couple others go crazy to the point they had to get the butterfly nets. People always joke of people going crazy, but to see it first hand and what happens it is not nice. To see people you have known forever not know who or what they are is wild. Not fun

I was thinking of going there today. Nice people working there. I always have been there around 11:30 am on a weekday and have the place to myself or maybe one or two others with no problems. I did drop in on a Saturday once to look at ammo and I would not have gone in the range.
They are good guys over there, I work 5 mins away. I won't shoot there. Too many sweeps make you actually crave some rules.

If you don't have an LTC then you have to have a partner there, that was the solution to the suicides, but hard to prevent a duo with a plan. Sorry for them and more sorry for the witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people are lucky enough to have never dealt with or personally known anyone with mental illness.
This x1000. Mental illness....or ptsd. Try going 2 months without sleep due to what youve seen that most people cant fathom and see what your mental state is!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom