Two Down At Bob's Tactical

Look up some of my older posts about this place. It was a horror show when I went and I'd said I'd never go back, and never did....
So many incidents, goofing around, muzzle sweeps... The woman who was texting WHILE SHOOTING was probably the icing on the cake. I'm surprised that the owners weren't apparently overly concerned with how unsafe their place was...

Look up some of my older posts about this place. It was a horror show when I went and I'd said I'd never go back, and never did....
So many incidents, goofing around, muzzle sweeps... The woman who was texting WHILE SHOOTING was probably the icing on the cake. I'm surprised that the owners weren't apparently overly concerned with how unsafe their place was...
The only time an employee is in the range is when they have a broom in their hands.

I think that is an over-generalization.

If someone is dying of a degenerative disease, I can easily see them decide to end their life at some point. And I don't consider that to be selfish.
I agree. Probably should've clarified that part.

They are good guys over there, I work 5 mins away. I won't shoot there. Too many sweeps make you actually crave some rules.

If you don't have an LTC then you have to have a partner there, that was the solution to the suicides, but hard to prevent a duo with a plan. Sorry for them and more sorry for the witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Good guys" would probably include "sensible" and "careful" in my book, but I guess there's a different book in play these days... And am I the only one who gets irked when someone says "Oh, he's a good guy, though.." like some of Lebert's co-workers within the Medford Blue Shield did (and still do)...

Seems everyone's a "great guy"....But if this range were in Roxbury or Mattapan, I'm guessing nobody would be praising the" good guys" who own the place....

Just sayin'

Fresh comment on the article claims to know both of them, and it basically says they were junkies who just gave up on life.

Joining a club is cheaper and safer :)

This, but.. I personally wouldn't care if a range were ten times as expensive if it's extremely safe. I take both of my daughters (and their friends) shooting often, and the one thing I stress, literally pound into their young, impressionable heads is safety. Everyone wants to go to "have fun", and they get a polite little wake up call from me as we are preparing to shoot, when I sit them down (literally every time, even if they've been previously) for a "Listen, it ain't fun if it's not safe, and let me explain why...." (etc)

Nothing Bob's could've done if someone is intent on suicide, but that doesn't give them a pass from all the criticism and horror stories that we've all spoken about here frequently.

I agree. Probably should've clarified that part.
What about ptsd and mental illness. Look....i get that there are some whine bags out there that over dramatize their life situation. But.....not every suicidal case out there fits so ****ing neatly in your stereotypical box.

"Good guys" would probably include "sensible" and "careful" in my book, but I guess there's a different book in play these days... And am I the only one who gets irked when someone says "Oh, he's a good guy, though.." like some of Lebert's co-workers within the Medford Blue Shield did (and still do)...

Seems everyone's a "great guy"....But if this range were in Roxbury or Mattapan, I'm guessing nobody would be praising the" good guys" who own the place....

Just sayin'

I was at a bar a couple weeks ago and conversing with a Medford cop. I brought up Lebert and the guy flipped his shit and wanted to fight me....He got thrown out.

I was at a bar a couple weeks ago and conversing with a Medford cop. I brought up Lebert and the guy flipped his shit and wanted to fight me....He got thrown out.

I lived in Meffed in the early 80's, first South Meffed then the Fellsway.
Bank Robberies & Murder, and that's just the Local & MDC Cops.
What do you expect from the city that spawned Michael Bloomberg

So, you were defending Lebert and the cop got pissed because he knew just how bad Lebert was? [wink]

This is Bobs fault, No it's guns fault, If there was an RSO there he could have shot them to stop it...What? It's a shame but better than going on I-95 for a head on. If there going to do it why not pills or horse.

This is Bobs fault, No it's guns fault, If there was an RSO there he could have shot them to stop it...What? It's a shame but better than going on I-95 for a head on. If there going to do it why not pills or horse.

It's just the numbers. Plenty of people used pills and horse. These were just the gun guys.

Prayers to the families.

Was just told, the gentleman who took his own life, his Dad is deployed right now. Not sure where.
I can't begin to imagine what he is going through. On deployment and finding out your son took his own life........

Was just told, the gentleman who took his own life, his Dad is deployed right now. Not sure where.
I can't begin to imagine what he is going through. On deployment and finding out your son took his own life........

I can. My sister-in-law died while her husband was on deployment to Kuwait.

It devastated him, for sure. Suicide just makes it worse, and it's already pretty bad.

I thought the last person who offed themselves at Bobs used the SW 500 although I may be misremembering. What do they do with those guns anyway? Do they just clean em up and put em back on the shelf for rent?

I thought the last person who offed themselves at Bobs used the SW 500 although I may be misremembering. What do they do with those guns anyway? Do they just clean em up and put em back on the shelf for rent?

Police retain the hardware as evidence until the investigation is complete - about 1 year or so, maybe 9 mos. Once it is returned it is up the shop what to do with the firearm...

Police retain the hardware as evidence until the investigation is complete - about 1 year or so, maybe 9 mos. Once it is returned it is up the shop what to do with the firearm...
Hum interesting. I wonder if it just goes back on the shelf. That would be kind of eery.

Yeah is sucks. The employees and owners that will lose money and have the trauma of seeing it (again), the other shooters, the nurses, EMT/first responders, and doctors at the hospital that have to be witnesses to the aftermath. Sad.

There are companies that do this kind of cleanup. I have a buddy that worked at one for 1 day. A guy had blown his brains out with a shotgun. I think most of the brains and shit was already gone, but the guy had been there for a while.

He looked around and walked out. Can't say I blame him

Back
Top Bottom