• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Down At Bob's Tactical

I think that just like MFL, there should be a RSO in there at anytime the range is hot, actually, might be better to be outside looking through the window for better field of view in this application?

As for infractions, instead of three strikes, perhaps two and your out for bad safety infractions?

Here is the million dollar question.....how come mfs and manchester firing line dont have people bitching about safety problems at their ranges? Hmmm?

I believe the MFS policy is that if you don't have your LTC you must reserve time with an instructor. No unsupervised shooting by unlicensed persons.

I believe the MFS policy is that if you don't have your LTC you must reserve time with an instructor. No unsupervised shooting by unlicensed persons.
This^. Plus those ranges present a little little more of a "professional" atmosphere from my understanding.

my bad. I didnt hear that she had died, and a quick google search with an update today stated that she past. I didnt click the link to see that it was actually reporting on days old news

A friend got a new 45 and I haven't been to the range in a few weeks. We decided we would stop in and send 4-500 rounds down range today. We went early enough (around 3) and there was just 1 other couple in there. Overall a good experience. They seemed to be watching the range a lot more than they did in the past. Probably wouldn't go near the place on the weekend but had a good time there today.

Disclaimer always enjoyed going during the day on weekdays just not the weekends. To many inexperienced people for me. Something about getting swept by mutiple muzzles makes me uneasy.

Also scoped out the airlight (spelling?) Gonna be picking 1 of those up soon

A friend got a new 45 and I haven't been to the range in a few weeks. We decided we would stop in and send 4-500 rounds down range today. We went early enough (around 3) and there was just 1 other couple in there. Overall a good experience. They seemed to be watching the range a lot more than they did in the past. Probably wouldn't go near the place on the weekend but had a good time there today.

Disclaimer always enjoyed going during the day on weekdays just not the weekends. To many inexperienced people for me. Something about getting swept by mutiple muzzles makes me uneasy.

Also scoped out the airlight (spelling?) Gonna be picking 1 of those up soon

How well did they clean up the mess?

I had a long conversation with Aaron yesterday about all things shop related up there. Look for the thread under the "Gun Shops and Reviews" forum.
I looked there. I see nothing that tells me that anything will change at that range. Sprocket what is your interest in all things "bobs" anyway? You accused us all of bashing a few posts back and asked a valid question looking for suggestions. People gave you some. Why do you care so much about bobs shit hole range? Look when i got more into fire arms i bought a couple guns there. The prices were ok and the place is close to home. I even shot at the range cuz i didnt have a membership. The range is scary unsafe. I dont go there anymore. Why has bobs got the stigma it has from fore arms enthusiasts? Because the place is a shit hole and the clerks do not present any image that they give two shits what is going on in that range! So the clientel that is drawn there are total newbs and **** sticks renting 9s and fotays to show off to their little whore girlfriends looking through the glass. Ive seen it there and thats why i dont go back. Look.....wanna change that image? Tell arron to get some uniform shirts for the staff to present a more professional image. Put a guy in the range for oversight. Give a quick safety brief to all renters. And dont put up with any bullshit safety violations. Tell the clients you flag someone or put a round anywhere in the walla or ceiling you go home. Yup youll piss off a few asshats but they wont return. And youll eventually have better clients. Tell aaron to grow a pair and be a better business man.

I looked there. I see nothing that tells me that anything will change at that range. Sprocket what is your interest in all things "bobs" anyway? You accused us all of bashing a few posts back and asked a valid question looking for suggestions. People gave you some. Why do you care so much about bobs shit hole range? Look when i got more into fire arms i bought a couple guns there. The prices were ok and the place is close to home. I even shot at the range cuz i didnt have a membership. The range is scary unsafe. I dont go there anymore. Why has bobs got the stigma it has from fore arms enthusiasts? Because the place is a shit hole and the clerks do not present any image that they give two shits what is going on in that range! So the clientel that is drawn there are total newbs and **** sticks renting 9s and fotays to show off to their little whore girlfriends looking through the glass. Ive seen it there and thats why i dont go back. Look.....wanna change that image? Tell arron to get some uniform shirts for the staff to present a more professional image. Put a guy in the range for oversight. Give a quick safety brief to all renters. And dont put up with any bullshit safety violations. Tell the clients you flag someone or put a round anywhere in the walla or ceiling you go home. Yup youll piss off a few asshats but they wont return. And youll eventually have better clients. Tell aaron to grow a pair and be a better business man.
I agree there has to be a professional look to employees attire. Safety rules enforcement is a must, you clean up and tighten up to get better patrons.

The potential is there to make it a better place.
It's a question of changing the atmosphere.
I used to shoot there years ago with my father and it wasn't like that then.
I don't ever recall feeling unsafe.
Square up the safety issues, upgrade the retail store and you'd have something there.

It all comes down to money, as usual. Having the money to invest in the business. And, knowing even how to run a business correctly.

Other than the place being a dump, the biggest change they could make is just have someone watching the range through the glass while people are in there. Call people out for safety violations or inability to operate the gun. Doesn't cost them any extra money given how I've never seen enough customers in the shop to need more than one counter guy.

The potential is there to make it a better place.
It's a question of changing the atmosphere.
I used to shoot there years ago with my father and it wasn't like that then.
I don't ever recall feeling unsafe.
Square up the safety issues, upgrade the retail store and you'd have something there.
There is always potential to make an organization better. Just have to have a leader that gives a ****. Has the balls to set standards for his team and set standards for what id acceptable and enforce them.

the new owner need to have a vision if what he wants for the place. He can keeep going with the status quo of unprofessional appearances of a shitty looking parking lot, sraff that doesnt care about safety, and therefore attract inexperienced ass wipe shooters for clients and just pray nobody gets shot by accident in there......or he can make some changes. Up to him.

Last edited:
It all comes down to money, as usual. Having the money to invest in the business. And, knowing even how to run a business correctly.
not much money required to change the atmosphere ofnthat place. Couple hundred on some staff shirts.....sweep the ****ing parking lot empty the cigarrette can by the door once in awhile....and set standards of the staff to watch the damn range.

Did they release the names ?

From the Wakefield Daley Item:

Published in the March 7, 2016 edition. WAKEFIELD — Åshley Marie Fletcher, 23, of Wakefield, formerly of East Hampstead, N.H., died on Thursday, March 3, 2016, at Tuffs Medical Center in Boston following a gunshot wound to the head, which was the result of years of depression and heroin addiction. Born in Malden on Nov. 4, 1992...

Sad.

Thanks Whacko Et Al: - your input is appreciated.

Starting at post 225:
I care about the shop because as a long time patron that has seen the changes over the last 5 years I see where the shop is going and can go with the support of those in the local gun community. When you have an opinion that you don't post, it's because you don't care. Input is valuable - positive or negative - because when you don't know, you don't know.

Whaco - you either really care about the future of the shop or really hate it - I don't care either way but your input is valued. Hopefully management will implement the suggestions by you and others here. It may take time because time is money...

I'll let Aaron aware of all of the suggestions and reasons - I personally don't have the $$ to invest in the business because I don't have a personal interest in the business other than a dedicated patron - but I know Aaron is HIGHLY interested in constructive criticism to improve his business - "Constructive" meaning both the things done wrong but also the things done right.

Personally - uniform/polo/T shirts designating employees is a great suggestion - Now you know who works there. A great start IMO - very simple to implement also.

The parking lot - I'm not sure how much influence is there - it's a shared property and outside my knowledge of operation but I will suggest to fix the pothole entrance (Holy fawk it sux) - But yeah, dumpster area/entrance/parking area - Perception can be key. And as mentioned, time/money/priority - what's more important - RSO or paving? Rhetorically speaking of course.

The clerks are changing in an effort to change the stigma - Not all of the faces you see when you walk in are the same as a few years ago. That part comes with the new ownership - things are not quite the same as they were but they are - hopefully - changing for the better.

Pissing off a55hat5 and etc. has happened during my visit yesterday - quite amusing to watch but the denials I saw were handled in a very professional manner - apologies, recent rule changes and so on. Nobody likes to turn away business but "rules is rules." was the order of the day. The intent is to get more responsible acting folks to frequent the range - even licensed owners can be irresponsible at times - and encourage the use of the rule "Ensure those around you follow the safety rules."

Thank you to All that provide constructive criticisms to improve the range - Truth can hurt but without knowing what's wrong, you can't start to correct it. As stated above I do not have any financial input into the business but as a loyal patron I hope to see it remain. I give a crap because I don't want to see one of my local shops go away.

Support your local LGS

Thanks Whacko Et Al: - your input is appreciated.

Starting at post 225:
I care about the shop because as a long time patron that has seen the changes over the last 5 years I see where the shop is going and can go with the support of those in the local gun community. When you have an opinion that you don't post, it's because you don't care. Input is valuable - positive or negative - because when you don't know, you don't know.

Whaco - you either really care about the future of the shop or really hate it - I don't care either way but your input is valued. Hopefully management will implement the suggestions by you and others here. It may take time because time is money...

I'll let Aaron aware of all of the suggestions and reasons - I personally don't have the $$ to invest in the business because I don't have a personal interest in the business other than a dedicated patron - but I know Aaron is HIGHLY interested in constructive criticism to improve his business - "Constructive" meaning both the things done wrong but also the things done right.

Personally - uniform/polo/T shirts designating employees is a great suggestion - Now you know who works there. A great start IMO - very simple to implement also.

The parking lot - I'm not sure how much influence is there - it's a shared property and outside my knowledge of operation but I will suggest to fix the pothole entrance (Holy fawk it sux) - But yeah, dumpster area/entrance/parking area - Perception can be key. And as mentioned, time/money/priority - what's more important - RSO or paving? Rhetorically speaking of course.

The clerks are changing in an effort to change the stigma - Not all of the faces you see when you walk in are the same as a few years ago. That part comes with the new ownership - things are not quite the same as they were but they are - hopefully - changing for the better.

Pissing off a55hat5 and etc. has happened during my visit yesterday - quite amusing to watch but the denials I saw were handled in a very professional manner - apologies, recent rule changes and so on. Nobody likes to turn away business but "rules is rules." was the order of the day. The intent is to get more responsible acting folks to frequent the range - even licensed owners can be irresponsible at times - and encourage the use of the rule "Ensure those around you follow the safety rules."

Thank you to All that provide constructive criticisms to improve the range - Truth can hurt but without knowing what's wrong, you can't start to correct it. As stated above I do not have any financial input into the business but as a loyal patron I hope to see it remain. I give a crap because I don't want to see one of my local shops go away.

Support your local LGS
I only care in this instance because i think we all have a vested interest in a shop like this.....imo operating as it did the last time i was in there its only a matter of time until someone gets shot by accudemt in there. And that spells trouble in the media for all of us. Good luck to aaron. He has A tough job ahead of him.

[frown] I didnt put two and two together until just now. My wife and I both grew up in Wakefield, she told me the other day that an old friend of mines sister had posted a pretty sad story about her daughters drug addiction, and then suicide on Facebook. I had no idea that it was her.

[frown] I didnt put two and two together until just now. My wife and I both grew up in Wakefield, she told me the other day that an old friend of mines sister had posted a pretty sad story about her daughters drug addiction, and then suicide on Facebook. I had no idea that it was her.

Gotta love Facebook.....

I only care in this instance because i think we all have a vested interest in a shop like this.....imo operating as it did the last time i was in there its only a matter of time until someone gets shot by accudemt in there. And that spells trouble in the media for all of us. Good luck to aaron. He has A tough job ahead of him.

Can you please clarify the last time you were in there in years? 1-2, 2-4?, 4-6? Please, be as specific as possible.

"accudemt" - I get it, accident - computers suc at times. Auto-correct and so on.

Media = Media - so yes, I understand what you mean. There is a bias.

Yes he does, simply smashing him at every opportunity isn't helping but your specific suggestions are - he is listening but don't expect physical changes over night. My doctor wants me to drop 10 pounds - I said here's my medical card- if I dropped it on you in $1 bills that's like 25 pounds in ones!

The guy was not amused. No sense of humor that guy...

Can you please clarify the last time you were in there in years? 1-2, 2-4?, 4-6? Please, be as specific as possible.

"accudemt" - I get it, accident - computers suc at times. Auto-correct and so on.

Media = Media - so yes, I understand what you mean. There is a bias.

Yes he does, simply smashing him at every opportunity isn't helping but your specific suggestions are - he is listening but don't expect physical changes over night. My doctor wants me to drop 10 pounds - I said here's my medical card- if I dropped it on you in $1 bills that's like 25 pounds in ones!

The guy was not amused. No sense of humor that guy...
1-2 years. And typing on a iphone leads to many typographic errors yes.

One thing about the shop is they seriously need to get the ammo selection squared away, they are probably one of the worse places I've ever seen as far as ammo selection goes. I'm going to say it again about the range, I've been there probably about 10 times and have never seen anything dangerous but I usually go during the week during the day. Aaron is a good guy as well as his Brother, plus I know a few guys that work there that are good dudes too so I hope the place stays and does well going forward. Anyone in the know about the sign in Seabrook at Jims tattoo stating there is a secondary Bobs shop being put in there? They are advertising training as well.

Ditto and I saw they are opening a shop in Seabrook, just have to finish jumping through hoops.
One thing about the shop is they seriously need to get the ammo selection squared away, they are probably one of the worse places I've ever seen as far as ammo selection goes. I'm going to say it again about the range, I've been there probably about 10 times and have never seen anything dangerous but I usually go during the week during the day. Aaron is a good guy as well as his Brother, plus I know a few guys that work there that are good dudes too so I hope the place stays and does well going forward. Anyone in the know about the sign in Seabrook at Jims tattoo stating there is a secondary Bobs shop being put in there? They are advertising training as well.

Back
Top Bottom