Two Down At Bob's Tactical

I'm not familiar with Bob's Tactical. Is it like AFS where anyone can go and rent a firearm to use on the range?

August 2013 someone committed suicide there! Damn. Two this time? Murder suicide?

- - - Updated - - -

couldn't pay me to step foot in that place.
This. Nobody that works there pays attention to the range at all.

Yes. Last time I was at Bobs there was no range officer. This was about two years ago.

At least at AFS and MFS there is a range officer.

AFS does now, up until a year or two ago they didn't though. It was a similar event to this that caused them to add a range officer.

August 2013 someone committed suicide there! Damn. Two this time? Murder suicide?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...in fairness I've never been but I've heard stories. People sweeping everyone with guns etc. Just gross negligence with safety rules. Most recently a coworker who knows absolutely nothing about guns but is interested in getting his LTC said he went there and they just hand you a gun and could give two shits if you know how to use it. I told him to to go GOAL and take a class and start out the right way.

I'm going to predict that the town will now close this place down, that's 3 such incidents that I can remember happening in the past several years there.

What's a range officer gonna do about someone wanting to off themselves? Nothing.
Correct an ro wont stop a suicide. However Bob's has always been a place that will rent a gun to just Bout Anyone....no instructions on how to operate it.....no explaination of safety rules. I have not shot there since i got a membership to a club. Ive seen people completely load a pistol At the rear table....turn and flag the line and start to shoot. The guys working there dont even pay attention. I mentioned it to yhe customers on my way out of the range.....and to the clerk when i paid. They did not seem to care.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the second suicide in 2013. The first one occurred back in February 2011. Haven't been there in several years and I've posted about some of the horrendous muzzle waving in that place. Never had an RO when I used to frequent the place.

I shot at Bob's a couple of times several years ago. At the time I found the lack of strict rules and oversight refreshing.

Back
Top Bottom