Trouble finding 7.62x54r

Aren't they still making some 7.62x54 for machine guns in the former combloc countries? Then again, I imagine importation of just about all of that will end up banned.

Considering the price on X54 continues to go up from $60 to today's prices, i would say no.......

it will come to an end, it is a finite supply, any of us around for a while have seen the cheap ammo disappear on 8mm, 762X25 Tok,,M1 carbine ammo, Garand ammo , etc.....

Considering the price on X54 continues to go up from $60 to today's prices, i would say no.......

it will come to an end, it is a finite supply, any of us around for a while have seen the cheap ammo disappear on 8mm, 762X25 Tok,,M1 carbine ammo, Garand ammo , etc.....

sadly though reguardless of price for the most part it will be the cheapest option shy of reloading.

I'm unlucky in being on the tail end of the milsurp "golden years". At least I got in on the CMP garand gravy train before that ends. :) 8mm, 7.62 Tok and 30 M1 carbine are all no longer used by any military forces of significance, so there hasn't been government production of those rounds for decades. I'm hoping that at least a little 7.62x54R will end up coming into the country, if the Ukraine and Russia don't shoot it all up first. Of course, prices are rising on surplus ammo, but prices are rising on ammunition across the board. At least the high cost of ammunition made it easy to justify the purchase of reloading equipment to my wife.

There's tons of surplus 7.62x54r out there. Probably more than anyone reading NES right now could shoot in a lifetime. The issue is getting it into the country and not having importers and distributors gouge the hell out of it.

I'm unlucky in being on the tail end of the milsurp "golden years". At least I got in on the CMP garand gravy train before that ends. :) 8mm, 7.62 Tok and 30 M1 carbine are all no longer used by any military forces of significance, so there hasn't been government production of those rounds for decades. I'm hoping that at least a little 7.62x54R will end up coming into the country, if the Ukraine and Russia don't shoot it all up first. Of course, prices are rising on surplus ammo, but prices are rising on ammunition across the board. At least the high cost of ammunition made it easy to justify the purchase of reloading equipment to my wife.
this is all good until she relizes you do not spend less money reloading, you just shoot a shit ton more...

Buy 'em up while you can. They're not making any more old surplus ammo.

Yep. I've bought as many spam cans that I can currently store in my ammo cabinet while it's still cheap. If I sell off my mosins down the line, I'll easily get my money back and then some.

How Is Russian Ammunition Stored?

storagerussia44518.jpg

Wow!!! I think you can buy non corrosive from Guns Inc cheaper than that!!!
you r absolutely right.......silver bear can be had for 8 bucks a 20 pack. About the same price as what they are asking for surplus

That's robbery. I can get spam cans delivered to my house for $105 so I'd prefer to save the $60 + tax lol.
Guns and Gear probably get it from the same source and mark it up to make a buck.....

- - - Updated - - -

After tax and all that it is about 40 cents a round... might as well just buy the non-corrosive commercial stuff at that point!
I doubt the non corrosive will be less than 80 cents per round for steel case..... if they sell the surplus for 40

Guns and Gear just posted on there facebook pages

In stock, 7.62x54R in 440rd spam cans for $165.00 cash

good lord...

Another new local shop had it for $180 a can last month. Shop owner saw me looking at the can and asked me if I shot 54r. When I said yes, he asked me if that was a okay price. I laughed and said "I get it shipped to my door for $112 and that's even a little high and most online vendors list it for $189 a case"

Next time I stopped in, it was reduced down to $140ish.

Back
Top Bottom