• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trouble finding 7.62x54r

On Facebook gun classifieds
47f667f4f2c8c8a95ea52f4dfff39cdd.jpg

$169, is that for 1 can of 440 rounds?

I saw $175 for one can at a North Shore LGS last weekend, promptly went home and ordered 2 from an online vendor for $185 ($210 shipped to my door).

It's hard to support the local guy for that level of rape...

Was at the gun parlor in Worcester MA, yesterday. They had 4 spam cans of mosin ammo. $169 each.

I usually get a good lel out of their prices when they spam the classifieds here.

Last edited:
I saw $175 for one can at a North Shore LGS last weekend, promptly went home and ordered 2 from an online vendor for $185 ($210 shipped to my door).

It's hard to support the local guy for that level of rape...

I usually get a good lel out of their prices when they spam the classifieds here.

Gun perrrrlerrrrr.

wow 160 and 175 even before MA taxes? That is wallet rape unless you are REALLY REALLY desperate for a can, like WWIII is at your doorstep desperate.

This is why since I bought my first mosin I have kept two cans unopened! Start looking around for deals when I get down to half of an opened can...........have never spend more than $115 on a can so far.

wow 160 and 175 even before MA taxes? That is wallet rape unless you are REALLY REALLY desperate for a can, like WWIII is at your doorstep desperate.

Ya seriously. $186 after tax?! I'm all for supporting local shops but why the f*** would I spend an extra $80 on a can when I get them to my door for $105?! Riley's charges $115, they were $105 up until May or June at Riley's. MA shops shouldn't charge more than $120 a can if free state shops sell them for $115.

Ya seriously. $186 after tax?! I'm all for supporting local shops but why the f*** would I spend an extra $80 on a can when I get them to my door for $105?! Riley's charges $115, they were $105 up until May or June at Riley's. MA shops shouldn't charge more than $120 a can if free state shops sell them for $115.
Truth! All of the cans I have purchased for $100 to $115 have been in NH. Mass shops are asking more for some reason. I jsut stop by the "trifecta" (Riley, Shooter, Collectable) of shops when I am up that way and have been able to find what I need in 54R.

At that point just start buying the Tula 54R from Walmart for an extra dime each round and not worry about the corrosive primers

I need to spend a day eventually trying to look for this mythical online 54R source. Sometimes i don't want to go all the way to NH for a chance of not finding any.

prices have jumped, I was paying 90 to my door now everything is crazy on line 2x that price. glad I stocked up on some, just shot off 80 rounds this week. think i'll switch to my AK for a while. Its still out there if your willing to pay for it but damn has it got pricey

102 for one can shipped
195 for two ..............shipped to my door

Damn, that's about $10 cheaper than my source. Not bad.

Edit: just realized who you're buying the ammo from. I've only bought 30 carbine and 9mm Makarov from them. I didn't think to check out x54r, kicking myself now. Oh well.

But you don't get the fancy wooden crate lol.

Last edited:

Edit: just realized who you're buying the ammo from. I've only bought 30 carbine and 9mm Makarov from them. I didn't think to check out x54r, kicking myself now. Oh well.

sell the crate! Guy at my club loves ammo crates/boxes/cans generally gives 20$ plus for anything he likes. I sold a wooden crate that was from x39 yugo ammo. offered me 45$ I couldnt say no.

I was about to post some 54r for sale, I bought 2 880rnd cases at gun show while back paid 250 for 880 rnds I have 1.5 tins left. I just dont shoot corrosive anymore. I shoot cast bullets in my 91/30 now

Last edited:

you got it.

but last time i ordered 2 cans and it came in the crate anyway.

sell the crate! Guy at my club loves ammo crates/boxes/cans generally gives 20$ plus for anything he likes. I sold a wooden crate that was from x39 yugo ammo. offered me 45$ I couldnt say no.

I was about to post some 54r for sale, I bought 2 880rnd cases at gun show while back paid 250 for 880 rnds I have 1.5 tins left. I just dont shoot corrosive anymore. I shoot cast bullets in my 91/30 now

I think once I burn through all my surplus, I'll pick up some dies and bullets. Already have brass and primers.

I understand the appeal of low-priced surplus, but you guys should really consider reloading this caliber. it will become scarce someday...

I understand the appeal of low-priced surplus, but you guys should really consider reloading this caliber. it will become scarce someday...

I got some brass cases, Glenn of Glenn's reloading said he would be getting the dies in at some point. I definitely would like to reload it eventually.

Back
Top Bottom