Trouble finding 7.62x54r

I had the same issue, most of the local shops either had no cans in stock and no time table for when any was coming in, or they only stocked new factory ammo. The shops that did have it in stock had it priced $160 and up...I was able to get 1 can at a lgs at a decent price, and scored some more through a wtb post. Granted it wasn't as cheap as I could have gotten it, but I was willing to pay an extra $10 a can or so for convenience.

Last edited:
Move this to the Member's Only Section mods...

contempt.gif

Culverine Arms over in a Agawam just posted they had 54r spam cans in stock for... Wait for it...

$159.99!!!

JFC

Here are a couple of options:

Palmetto State Armory has the following till midnight tonight:
$99 per 440 round can - linky

AIM Surplus has a simular deal
99 per 440 or the 880 wooden cases for 199 -- linky

I realize it's not very convenient for you folks in MA, but come on down towards Foxwoods and I can work with you on 54R reloads (jacketed, cast, plastic, sabots and frangibles). You'd better bring brass though, since I don't have much on hand. Shoot 2-100 meters onsite (yes, bring your rifle, too!).
There's a fair amount of .310" to .312" bullets remaining in my stash, so these could be used in 54R, as well as in 7.65x53, .303 British or 7.7 Jap. Although the plastic and sabots are really for .308", they can still work adequately in your MN. 7.62x38R is available, too.
At worst, we can cast some Lyman 311410s and load some easy shooting plinking rounds (they drop around .313", so we can size them accordingly).

Anyone else having a hard time finding 7.62x54r for their Mosins? I have 1 full spam can but I can't seem to find more anywhere. I'm hesistant to continue shooting my Mosin if I'm not going to be able to replace what I use.

I'm not interested in Mosins but I saw 7.62x54R in two different brands (a bunch of it) in Walmart in Rindge, NH today.

Rileys in Hooksett has surplus.....by the 20 round paper pack.....$5.99 a pack....this was last week when I was up there.

I realize it's not very convenient for you folks in MA, but come on down towards Foxwoods and I can work with you on 54R reloads (jacketed, cast, plastic, sabots and frangibles). You'd better bring brass though, since I don't have much on hand. Shoot 2-100 meters onsite (yes, bring your rifle, too!).
There's a fair amount of .310" to .312" bullets remaining in my stash, so these could be used in 54R, as well as in 7.65x53, .303 British or 7.7 Jap. Although the plastic and sabots are really for .308", they can still work adequately in your MN. 7.62x38R is available, too.
At worst, we can cast some Lyman 311410s and load some easy shooting plinking rounds (they drop around .313", so we can size them accordingly).

I understood 7 words here!

Back
Top Bottom