Trouble finding 7.62x54r

So since this thread started i picked up a case of Barnaul Brass cartridges FMJ, 174Gr, 500 Rnds for $235

Two Spam Cans 147Gr 80's something from Rileys for $105 a piece plus a can opener (i think there were two left on the floor).

and a crate (2 spam cans) from an undisclosed location for $120 that had packing paper dated 1978.

so now the two of us have 2200 rounds and are heading to the range.

and a crate (2 spam cans) from an undisclosed location for $120 that had packing paper dated 1978.

so now the two of us have 2200 rounds and are heading to the range.

Damn, $60 per spam can!? That's one hell of a deal. I think it's been quite some time since spam cans were going for $60. Nice.

Glad to see you scored.. I'm about to finish up my order myself. Ordering several different calibers.... the more I order the better the price...Been hammering my AK's.. so I got a bunch of 39"... a bunch of 54r, some 9 and 40sw... gonna get the ribs in the smoker and then close it out.. it going to be a beautiful Sunday morning!!

1776 Gunsmithing in Walpole had paper packs $12 per pack. Zero Hour Arms in Easton had um $10 per pack. Bros, do you even Mosin ?!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I thought the one of the main points of these guns was cheap, plentiful, surplus ammunition.

Am I mistaken? Or maybe I'm too late to the party? If there is no compelling reason any longer, then there is no longer a compelling reason.

I thought the one of the main points of these guns was cheap, plentiful, surplus ammunition.

Am I mistaken? Or maybe I'm too late to the party? If there is no compelling reason any longer, then there is no longer a compelling reason.

~$100 for 440 rounds of ammo doesn't seem too bad to me.

Well for the most part the mosin and the ammo will be the least expensive for axlong time..... cheap is a different story. As is the 3006 surplus. Still the least expensive opption?

I am due for a Colletables/Shooters/Riley's run soon. I've helped others out before by picking up an extra can or two while I am there and meeting up later and would be willing to do it again.

Collectable breaks a spam can every now and then and sells it by the paper sack for $5.

Ya That's why I usually go to Collectable for 7.62x54r ammo.

They just about always have the paper sacks of ammo on the shelf, I think sacks are now going for $6,00??

They also sell the non corrosive box stuff but "paper is the way to go!

Its nice (and cheaper) to be able to pick up a few "sacks" for shooting then to have to buy a whole spam can.

I keep my spam cans sealed for long term storage and just pick up sacks on my range day.... its also another good reason/excuse to drive there to see what other new/used stuff they have ! LOL

It was.....and still is! YEs the price on spam cans (440 rounds) has climbed a from $60-$90 a few years back to about $115 a can........but that still works out to about a $.25 each for ammo that is close to par with .308 and 30-06. Mosins are still a good deal.

Vendor I buy from online has a coupon and if you buy 2 880rd crates (with can opener and cool wooden crate), its about $96 per spam can shipped to your door. Not bad.

Side note: Anyone have a line on Makarov ammo?

I bought a couple of boxes at Collectible Arms in Merrimack. They have Red Army, Silver Bear, and maybe Brown Bear, along with Hornady Critical Defense. The Russian stuff was all around $15-16 a box of 50 and I think the Hornady was around $20 for a box of 25, but don't quote me on that one.

I bought a couple of boxes at Collectible Arms in Merrimack. They have Red Army, Silver Bear, and maybe Brown Bear, along with Hornady Critical Defense. The Russian stuff was all around $15-16 a box of 50 and I think the Hornady was around $20 for a box of 25, but don't quote me on that one.

Wow, the few boxes I have left were either $6.99 or $7.99. I had some Blazer hollow points with aluminum case which were pretty peppy.

Back
Top Bottom