• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top Shot back tonight

Man, I DID like ashley but damn if he isn't being a whiney sore loser... what a douche, bet he was a bully in the 5th grade too lol

Man, I DID like ashley but damn if he isn't being a whiney sore loser... what a douche, bet he was a bully in the 5th grade too lol

Seriously. He's calling Jamie a fake-SEAL, though Jamie never claimed he was a SEAL, that was a nickname given to him by one of the other guys. I hope Joe comes back...

I liked seeing the Hi-Power in competition.
They all shoot that one best of the four.
I credit that to the fine, almost universal, ergonomics of the P35 design.
I have two of them myself.

Seriously. He's calling Jamie a fake-SEAL, though Jamie never claimed he was a SEAL, that was a nickname given to him by one of the other guys. I hope Joe comes back...

Yeah WTF? I liked him, after that comment out of left field I hope he goes.

It was nice to see Chris actually step up for Jamie after Ashley out Georged George. It's refreshing to see at least one of the circle jerk crew had at least a shred of integrity left. I hope it all comes down to Jamie and Joe in the end.

yah, he got flustered by that.

amazed that there seemed to be more than a few of them that hadn't fired one before

Jamie had a less than impressive start on the show with his shooting, but he sure has picked up the pace. Much more confidence showing in his shooting and his stature around the house. Zins is amazing on any trigger. But still guessing Joe and maybe George in the final two.

It was nice to see Chris actually step up for Jamie after Ashley out Georged George. It's refreshing to see at least one of the circle jerk crew had at least a shred of integrity left. I hope it all comes down to Jamie and Joe in the end.
yea, Chris showed some class there.

I enjoyed last night's episode, btw Jamie smoking the course, Chris sticking up for Jamie, Brian's surprising problems with the FAL... and George didn't say anything that made me cringe. Actually he said something funny: with the FAL, first thing you notice is, it sucks! haha. I've never shot one but recoil looked like a problem with that rifle.

I thought George's response was actually relatively classy. He basically said "props to Jamie because he for it done.". And I agree with him that the FAL sucks [laugh]

Last edited:
I caught some of the episode last night. What was Ashley`s claim to fame? What did he receive the Bronze Star for, being in country? Unless you have a V for valor it means nothing. I know many officers who received them for sitting in the TOC in Iraq. What was his MOS in the USAF?

I enjoyed last night's episode, btw Jamie smoking the course, Chris sticking up for Jamie, Brian's surprising problems with the FAL... and George didn't say anything that made me cringe. Actually he said something funny: with the FAL, first thing you notice is, it sucks! haha. I've never shot one but recoil looked like a problem with that rifle.

Recoil isn't really that bad with it, typical .308 auto, it surprised me that a few of them had an issue with that, my 110 lb 15 year old daughter rocked one with no issues last weekend, so it kinda made me wonder...
200412_1739741051612_1181244471_31602624_4752390_n.jpg

Recoil isn't really that bad with it, typical .308 auto, it surprised me that a few of them had an issue with that, my 110 lb 15 year old daughter rocked one with no issues last weekend, so it kinda made me wonder...
200412_1739741051612_1181244471_31602624_4752390_n.jpg

Gotcha. Yeh, many times throughout the show I wondered how come they struggle with certain firearms, distances or targets.... I would guess that from the comfort of our setting (whether @ the range, or at home watching the show) things look much easier... Not sure!

Some of them got the key thing about shooting on wobbly bridges like that and some didn't. Namely, haul ass to get to the next one, but slow down a few steps before you get there and step on gently. I forget who it was, but someone hit the tire mounted one full speed and got it really moving.

Gotcha. Yeh, many times throughout the show I wondered how come they struggle with certain firearms, distances or targets.... I would guess that from the comfort of our setting (whether @ the range, or at home watching the show) things look much easier... Not sure!

Exactly...They're trying to not only hit a small target at 50 & 100 yards, but they're trying to do it the fastest. That 1:02 that Jamie did was pretty awesome. Think about how long 62 seconds is...On the show it looked like he had time, but try walking to the bathroom, going to the bathroom, washing your hands, and tell me if you can do it in under 62 seconds...Yeah, he just hit all those targets at all those stations in less time than it just took you.

Also, WRT to the FAL, they're standing (not benchrest) and on a small, unsturdy platform, plus trying to hit targets as fast as they can. They're not terrible guns to shoot, but I'm sure most of us would struggle with an AR out there under pressure.

Back
Top Bottom