• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Top Shot back tonight

The guy throws away $100,000 because he knows others could use it more than him and he's still bad mouthed.

The guy still has my utmost respect, as a shooter, a soldier, and most importantly, a person.

I don't think George threw the Sharps shot. I think you've got a 50/50 chance of hitting with that rifle.
I don't think Zins threw the 10/22 shooting, either. We could see the shots were just missing to the left in super slo-mo, but with no background, he couldn't know where they were hitting.

I surprised there was so much trouble with the FAL.

I don't think George threw the Sharps shot. I think you've got a 50/50 chance of hitting with that rifle.
I don't think Zins threw the 10/22 shooting, either. We could see the shots were just missing to the left in super slo-mo, but with no background, he couldn't know where they were hitting.

I surprised there was so much trouble with the FAL.

I think they probably replayed the same super-slow-mo shot for each miss.

I think George definitely threw the Sharps shot. George knew Chris needed the college money for his kids, and he figured he's going to make 100g a couple times or so in his life. Thats just how it seemed watching it and the way Chris reacted. Or George is a complete idiot who so fvcking cocky he figured he would make it close by missing the giant plate/thing and had it back fire on his ass

Last edited:
College is over rated imo. I have a better idea. How bout they work their ass off and get a scholarship, or maybe get an associate degree at CC and then transfer to some fancy college.

I could see throwing it if his wife needed a hip replacement and they didn't have insurance, but college. GTFO.

B

I havee to admit that a small part of me was rooting for a cable snap while George was at the top of the lift (just one, so he'd crap himself).
I second that...he had to looked pissed to cover up the sheer fear he had.

As to Gunny, he sucked at the pistol shoot from the crane, do you really think he would have won the shotgun challenge...nah don't think so.

George just gave me the urge to want to replace his hair gel with liquid heat or something. Remember when he was busting Jamie about what is a navy swimmer do anyway, Jamie reply's, what does a air-force sniper do, shoot pigeons off the runways. Now that would have made for some entertainment.

Plus Chris stated he is a stay home dad, OK I guess he needs the cash for his kids. So is the show now Top reason I should get the money sob story Shot? No its supposed to be who is the the best shot...end of story.

Last edited:
Plus Chris stated he is a stay home dad, OK I guess he needs the cash for his kids. So is the show now Top reason I should get the money sob story Shot? No its supposed to be who is the the best shot...end of story.
Cut some slack. Remember, he's got cameras stuck in his face for weeks, and the camera men ask questions. The producers slice and dice the scenes to paint whatever picture of the guy they want. I'm sure they had enough sound bites to make him look like a hair dresser or an axe murderer, or both.

I got this in my email:

The History Channel is now casting skilled marksmen for the fourth season of its hit competition show TOP SHOT.

If you have any questions regarding the show, the casting effort, please contact me. Thank you!

Nick Corporon
Casting Associate
Pilgrim Films & Television, Inc.
(818) 478-4618

THE HISTORY CHANNEL is seeking SKILLED MARKSMEN for SEASON 4 of its hit competition show.

You’ve seen some of America’s best shooters take on the Top Shot challenge, and now it’s time for YOU to join their ranks.

With production on season 3 gearing up, The History Channel is NOW CASTING SEASON 4 of its electrifying marksmanship competition show.
Producers are looking for anyone with unrivaled shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons. If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 on TOP SHOT 4.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught average Joe or Jane. As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s next Top Shot.

Simply email [email protected] with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you are America’s next “Top Shot.” If producers want to follow up, they will contact you for more information. If you have questions, please call our casting hotline: 818-478-4570.

Deadline to apply is MAY 20, 2011.

We all got it here too on the 25th:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...NOW-Casting-for-TOP-SHOT-Season-4!?highlight=

Hats off for George. He really surprised me though. I can't even imagine many people giving up 100,000 dollars for a friend you met on a show. Another thing that impressed me was the brotherhood of being in the service.

Wow that finale was something else. I sat there amazed at what George did for Chris. Up until that point I hated him with a passion but now that I look back I think sure he is cocky but he also just speaks his mind and has fun with everything. He along with others really didn't like Jamie and how they acted towards him didn't come off well on camera (with what we were shown) but we all saw how George acted towards someone he really cared about and respected. It couldn't have ended any better, I'm really happy for Chris.

Chris did a good job with a wide variety of weapons, and I don't think George shot wide with the Sharps on purpose (he obviously did on the prior challenge, to make it depend on the last challenge), so I think Chris deserved his win. But I have to say, George changed my attitude about him in this show.

No way is any of this scripted. Its just regular people under the microscope and under pressure. And you just get to see 45 minutes out of 72 hours that make up each episode, with someone else selected which minutes you get to see.

I am convinced George threw the match. The pistol was obvious from the choice of distance/target to the after-shot reaction. Funny how Colby seemed so utterly baffled by the turn of events. The sharps shot was pretty similar. It was a fraction of the distance they did in episode 1, and George is pretty darn good with a rifle. However, the thing that convinced me was the look George had as he tossed that sharps case in the air to take home as a souvenir... he looked pretty darn proud of himself. Not the look of a guy who made a horrible mistake.

I don't think Gunny threw the event. He had just pushed hard and regained the lead. Why go through all that to take a dive in the end? Those .22 targets were small and with no backstop you get no feedback. The same exact thing happened to Darryl earlier. Gunny said in the after-show that he got tunnel vision and cracked a bit under the pressure. Two million people watching and you start missing. And you have no idea where the bullets are landing. So you start second guessing yourself and you keep doing the same things over and over again trying to do better, rather than trying something different. It happens. The look he made as he went into his third .22 mag said it all, he was having a stage disaster.

Good for Chris~! Even with George giving him that slot in the finals, Chris still had to defeat the legendary Zins head to head on national TV. And that time with the FAL damn near ruined Chris the same way the .22 tanked Gunny. You've got to improvise and overcome when the pressure is on and things are falling apart. Same thing happened last year, both Chris and Iain each had one gun go terribly wrong for them in the final head to head challenge.

No way is any of this scripted. Its just regular people under the microscope and under pressure. And you just get to see 45 minutes out of 72 hours that make up each episode, with someone else selected which minutes you get to see.

I am convinced George threw the match. The pistol was obvious from the choice of distance/target to the after-shot reaction. Funny how Colby seemed so utterly baffled by the turn of events. The sharps shot was pretty similar. It was a fraction of the distance they did in episode 1, and George is pretty darn good with a rifle. However, the thing that convinced me was the look George had as he tossed that sharps case in the air to take home as a souvenir... he looked pretty darn proud of himself. Not the look of a guy who made a horrible mistake.

I don't think Gunny threw the event. He had just pushed hard and regained the lead. Why go through all that to take a dive in the end? Those .22 targets were small and with no backstop you get no feedback. The same exact thing happened to Darryl earlier. Gunny said in the after-show that he got tunnel vision and cracked a bit under the pressure. Two million people watching and you start missing. And you have no idea where the bullets are landing. So you start second guessing yourself and you keep doing the same things over and over again trying to do better, rather than trying something different. It happens. The look he made as he went into his third .22 mag said it all, he was having a stage disaster.

Good for Chris~! Even with George giving him that slot in the finals, Chris still had to defeat the legendary Zins head to head on national TV. And that time with the FAL damn near ruined Chris the same way the .22 tanked Gunny. You've got to improvise and overcome when the pressure is on and things are falling apart. Same thing happened last year, both Chris and Iain each had one gun go terribly wrong for them in the final head to head challenge.

It seemed to me George was happy where he ended up and Chris could use the prize more than him. Sounds crazy, I know.

Great final. George's move changed my whole opinion of him. I think he realized he had already proven what he needed to and that the guys with kids had more use for the cash than he. Stand up move.

Finally got to it tonight... been avoiding this thread to not spoil the ending for me.

All I can say is.. holy crap. I disliked George as much as anybody based on episodes leading up to the finale... but wow has he earned the tip of my hat.

Its a GAME SHOW, not a competition.

Mike

The two are not mutually exclusive.

I agree.

It's too bad that when all of the participants don't do their level best to win, it becomes more of a game show and less of a competition than it would have been.

I am glad Chris won, though. He seems like a real stand-up guy.

Last edited:
It's too bad that when all of the participants don't do their level best to win, it becomes more of a game show and less of a competition than it would have been.

To me it shows the human side of the competition. And it also shows that even to someone like George friendship, respect and caring about someone else means more than money.

When you start talking about "doing their best" you can open up a whole can of worms. And then some people would argue that certain challenges are flawed. Like George hitting the 1000 yard shot vs the others walking it in. As is the elimination process where others vote on someone who out performed their friend. I take the show for what it is and enjoy it a lot but I'm just saying those things can all be brought up when you start trying to pick apart things that might make the show less of a competition in some peoples eyes.

Back
Top Bottom