Top Shot back tonight

I like George more and more with each episode. At first I thought he was a douchebag, but now I think he's pretty funny. Loved where he moved his hand over his face to put his game face on. Hilarious.

I was hoping Joe would go to elimination last night as he's the least interesting of the remaining characters. I think it'll come down to George and Gunny. Chris Reed seems like a really nice guy, but not quite the shooter the other two are.

Up until last night I looked at Gunny as a happy go lucky guy who was having fun shooting around with the others. But after last night I have a new found respect for him and how he acted towards Jamie. Not just how he wouldn't vote for him but also with how he spoke about him and also stepped up and said he himself should be put up for the elimination challenge. It's obvious by now with what Joe said that it wasn't just George and Ashley that had a problem with Jamie but I don't agree with how the vote went last night.

Gamesmanship is one thing but I feel bad for Jamie. We've all seen what Jamie, Ashley and others have said on the Top Shot forums so who really knows exactly how Jamie acted that either wasn't shown or wasn't captured on camera that caused the others turn on him. I still feel bad because he really didn't stand a chance in the end. And you just knew when Jamie started talking about how he would rather go against Chris with a handgun than Gunny or Joe... You just knew it wasn't going to be a handgun even if you hadn't seen the trailer for the episode beforehand.

I'm pulling for Gunny and Chris although I have a feeling George might take it unfortunately. He may be an ass but man can he bring it when he keeps his ego in check and focuses.

They referred to it as the worlds first polymer framed pistol. The H&K VP70 was produced 12 years before the Glock 17. [rolleyes]

To be fair, they called it the world's first polymer framed, semi-automatic, 9mm pistol. Technically, wouldn't the VP70 be considered full auto due to the select fire burst capability? A bit of a stretch to be sure, but I guess if you're specific enough almost anything can be a "world's first" something.

I think that there was this block of guys on the red team that kind of formed a group of friends or a clique. It was them against the rest of everyone. Jamie wasn't in it, nor was Jay. Ashley was, for a bit, because of George, mostly, I think. I know Joe and Chris and Gunny would vote for Jamie because they wanted to whittle it down to their guys. Not necessarily a hatred of Jamie, just a push for their guys. George and Ashley took it to another place, with a hatred of Jamie. Joe, Gunny and Chris at different times thought the treatment of Jamie was over the top so they either said or did something to show that. Now, last night, Joe voted for jamie, said he would to Jamie and explained why. At least it was honest and forthright, with no animosity. George said he would not vote for Jamie, then did it, like a little nasty punk. That is an a**h***. An a**h*** who can shoot, but an a**h*** nonetheless.

To be fair, they called it the world's first polymer framed, semi-automatic, 9mm pistol. Technically, wouldn't the VP70 be considered full auto due to the select fire burst capability? A bit of a stretch to be sure, but I guess if you're specific enough almost anything can be a "world's first" something.

The VP70Z was semi auto. I am not positive, but I think it was released at the same time.

I need to now find a game of solitaire on this work computer beecause I am again discussing the drama and not the actual shooting or weapons involved. I feel soiled.[frown]

I need to now find a game of solitaire on this work computer beecause I am again discussing the drama and not the actual shooting or weapons involved. I feel soiled.[frown]

These things happen. [wink][smile]

If I had a nickle for every time I did or said something that made me feel dirty...

Well, let's just say I could afford to move out of MA.

Last edited:
Can't stand George at all, also have NO respect for him. I was watching him rag on Jamie because Jamie refused to go into details on what he does. George thinks because they are all .MIL they should know what each other does.

Talk about being a douchebag. In my opinion, the most disrespectful thing you can do to someone in a competition is deliberately mess up. To me, that's just being cocky and saying "you can't do it". I'm glad George is gone.

Back
Top Bottom