Top Shot back tonight

Great final. George's move changed my whole opinion of him. I think he realized he had already proven what he needed to and that the guys with kids had more use for the cash than he. Stand up move.

Wow! Didn't see that coming. I'm glad George did what he did - and he's definitely got a friend for life. I have to wonder if Gunny Zins did the same thing. Certainly a 10/22 didn't offer him that much of a challenge.

Sounds like some decisions were made behind closed doors and off-camera. Cool final stage either way.

Wow! Didn't see that coming. I'm glad George did what he did - and he's definitely got a friend for life. I have to wonder if Gunny Zins did the same thing. Certainly a 10/22 didn't offer him that much of a challenge.

Sounds like some decisions were made behind closed doors and off-camera. Cool final stage either way.

George tossed the revolver shot and left it up to chance with the Sharpes, but I don't think Gunny purposely threw the final challenge. Rifle's not his strong point and I think he just got shaken that Chris was doing so well against him.

George tossed the revolver shot and left it up to chance with the Sharpes, but I don't think Gunny purposely threw the final challenge. Rifle's not his strong point and I think he just got shaken that Chris was doing so well against him.

Brian Zins is a distinguished rifleman, he won the trophy in the Marines at the BEST overall shooter. He can handle a f-ing 10/22. I got distinguished with an AR15, Gunny did it with an M14, much harder IMO. He plays it like he's not a rifle guy, he's a world class pistol shooter, but still a national HP rifle shooter.

Zins didn't impress me during the whole show. He missed a bunch of stuff and IMHO, several others were better overall than him.

I'm glad Chris won. He seems to be a really nice guy.

I'm not sure I'd like being a 'charity' winner, if I were him.

After last night, I think I'm very impress with George. $100g cash or guns don't buy a lifelong friendship.

I'm not sure I'd like being a 'charity' winner, if I were him.

That might eat at me a little too, if I were Chris - he probably would not have made it past the 2nd round last night. But the fact of the matter is, George didn't need the money as much as Chris or Gunny, and Chris beat Gunny fair and square in the final round (I think, anyways), so I think he can at least still keep his head up about it (Zins was no slouch, IMO). That, and his family will greatly benefit from it.

After last night, I think I'm very impress with George. $100g cash or guns don't buy a lifelong friendship.

Yeah, that really was something else. Good on him.

I don't think george missed it on purpose, I think he just jerked it and is too arrogant to admit it and acted like he missed on purpose. Who would seriously give up 100,000 or the bragging rights of being Top Shot! I didn't watch all the after show commentary but I dvr'd it so I may have to watch that and make up my mind if there is any other info in there. George's face after he missed the 25 foot plate was a look of surprise in my opinion.

failboat!

I don't think george missed it on purpose, I think he just jerked it and is too arrogant to admit it and acted like he missed on purpose. Who would seriously give up 100,000 or the bragging rights of being Top Shot! I didn't watch all the after show commentary but I dvr'd it so I may have to watch that and make up my mind if there is any other info in there. George's face after he missed the 25 foot plate was a look of surprise in my opinion.

failboat!

A 10"(?) square plate at 25 feet? He missed it on purpose. My little sister could make that shot on the first try.

I don't think george missed it on purpose, I think he just jerked it and is too arrogant to admit it and acted like he missed on purpose.
Stevie Wonder could have made that shot. You're on some high-grade pharmaceuticals if you think he didn't miss that tile on purpose.

In the show, George said something very telling. . .to paraphrase "I feel like a jerk, $100,000 helps these guys with families, I'm just going to buy guns"

In his arrogant mind, he was the best and already won throwing the challenge gave the money to a family that had better use for it.

Good for him

That was a good final episode, I'm happy to see Chris win.

As to Zins, with the 10/22, from what was shown it looked to me like he threw it on purpose there, if you watch the replay he missed in the exact same spot (1" left) on EVERY shot, there's no way a shooter of his caliber doesn't make that correction, not at that distance.

On to season 3. It should be interesting, doesn't seem like there's as many .mil guys at first glance. I was glad to see they definitely have a hotty cast, hopefully she lasts more than 3 weeks.

Last edited:
George is playing this brilliantly. He's not saying he did. He's not saying he didn't. Questions and controversy will keep this alive in people's minds much longer. He's playing it so skillfully I can't tell for certain he didn't give it to Chris. I think he did throw it, which elevates my opinion of him from low to high, both as a person and as a smart (crafty) guy.

WRT to military in the cast, who knows. Last time they only identified like 3-4 people as "mil" guys and it turns out almost everyone had military experience in one way or another.

Mike

Ahhhh sheeeet. After blasting away at George (and I still think he has acted like a complete ass wipe a lot of the time) I was shocked and impressed with that business with Chris at the end. Wow. I guess one thing I can guess about George is that if you are his friend then that's it...he will do just about anything for you. If you are not his friend, then he will do just about anything to you.

Also, I am impressed Gunny can butter his own toast.

I view what happened differently than what I've seen posted.

To do less than one's best in a competition makes a mockery of it. That does everybody a disservice, and now Chris will always wonder if he was good enough to be the "last man standing."

I'd have much more respect for a guy who had the confidence and ability to win, went on to capture the title of Top Shot, and then quietly gave the money away if that's what he wanted to do with it.

I think that's better than pulling off some twisted scam to make yourself look good on TV.

throwing the competition like george did was absolute bullshit and completely disrepectful not only to chris but to everyone on the show. Now if he had won and said hey chris i want you to have this im just gonna spend it on guns, it means more that i give it to you than keep it. then that would have been fine.

and you wonder where the lack of sportsmanshipe has gone.

also its over, its over thank god this drama filled show is over

throwing the competition like george did was absolute bullshit and completely disrepectful not only to chris but to everyone on the show. Now if he had won and said hey chris i want you to have this im just gonna spend it on guns, it means more that i give it to you than keep it. then that would have been fine.

and you wonder where the lack of sportsmanshipe has gone.

also its over, its over thank god this drama filled show is over

Look at this way. George already archived his goal. He is not into the $$/title. Also, he do not just drop the money to Chris as charity. He made Chris earn his way to win the competition. If Chris do not win, that's another story.

I do agree about the lack of sportsmanship during competition, but at the good cause.

I view what happened differently than what I've seen posted.

To do less than one's best in a competition makes a mockery of it. That does everybody a disservice, and now Chris will always wonder if he was good enough to be the "last man standing."

I'd have much more respect for a guy who had the confidence and ability to win, went on to capture the title of Top Shot, and then quietly gave the money away if that's what he wanted to do with it.

I think that's better than pulling off some twisted scam to make yourself look good on TV.

I absolutely agree.

Chris will never be able to stand as a 'Top Shot' without others feeling like he had it handed to him.

Just consider the respect the english guy from last season got, when he showed up on an episode as a coach.

Chris won't get that level of respect from those who feel he was given it to help send his kids to college.

Completely agree. If you're going to give your opponent a break, pick a medium target at 50ft, miss on purpose and then quietly go back to your seat. Instead, he half-assed an incredulous look and then goes right up to Chris pat him on the back and says, "You got it." George is egotistical and even in his attempt to help someone, it's in an egotistical manner - look at me, what a great guy I am to give him a break!

And Zins didn't throw it either. He was shooting to win.

Back
Top Bottom