Top 5 Rifles

It would largely depend on under what conditions you're choosing your five long guns to perform. However, as a general just in case, I would choose the following:

M16A3 platform with optics in SDM configuration. If this was going to be mostly confined to urban areas then obviously the M4, or at least an M4 upper and colapsible stock to convert.

A semi-auto .308 platform system. The M14 is a bitch to make, and maintain, an accurate percision rifle. I've no experience with the FAL but everything tells me this would be the better battle rifle needed against lightly armored gooks out to combat distance - 500-600 yards.

An accurized external mag fed Remmy 700 PSS in .308 (or 300 Win. Mag. depending on op needs) in a McMillian A5 stock with latest in glass and night optics.

A high quality accurized .22 bolt like the Remy 541T, Ruger 77/22, etc., with nice glass for small game hunting / varmit control.

Although not technically a rifle, a 12 gauge high-cap tube shotgun.

I think this is the most versatile selection of long guns that would give you the ability to take care of 99% of your business in most any situation. I'm not basing this on the cool factor but on functionality.

Top 5 rifles I DON'T have... yet.

1. Barrett .50 BMG (OK, just about any .50 BMG would do)
2. Model 1941 Johnson
3. German G-43 rifle
4. Tommy Gun (a REAL one - not one of the semi-auto fakes!)
5. Schmidt Rubin Sniper

Back
Top Bottom