the town of west boylston is unbelievable

I'm flying tomorrow afternoon not much I can do at the selectman meeting from a Blackhawk but a pass over the building at 500 feet may be fun (500' is legal any lower is not)

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-8583132.html

Bergson's chain was sold to Newport Creamery as stated in the email.

Then some one failed to notify the Sec. of State's Office.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Read the last sentence quoted below.

Newport Creamery Restaurants, a Rhode Island-based chain with 40 locations in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, bought Bergson's from brothers Eric and Kurt Pearson and is in the process of giving six of the shops some fresh paint and new equipment. A seventh shop is staying with the Pearson family.

Comment left to the effect that the only "note" Wayne's needed was the following:

C. 214 § 7B Noise pollution; shooting ranges; exemption from liability; hours of operation
Notwithstanding the provisions of any general or special law, rule or regulation to the contrary, no owner of a rifle, pistol, silhouette, skeet, trap, blackpowder, or other similar range shall be liable in any civil action or criminal prosecution in any matter relating to noise or noise pollution resulting from use of the range, provided said owner of the range was in compliance with any applicable noise control law, ordinance or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of such range.
No owner shall be liable in any action for nuisance, and no court shall enjoin the use or operation of said range on the basis of noise or noise pollution, provided said owner was in compliance with any noise control law, ordinance or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of the range.
The exemptions from liability and the immunities from prosecution provided in this section shall also extend to any owner who, in order to satisfy a requirement of law, regulation or by-law, relocates his range within the same parcel of land or a contiguous parcel of land, owned by him at the time that the commonwealth or its political subdivision commences enforcement of such a requirement or that the owner voluntarily complies with such a requirement. In order to maintain these exemptions from liability and immunities from prosecution, owners who relocate their ranges pursuant to the preceding sentence shall remain in compliance with the applicable noise control laws, ordinances or by-laws in existence at the time of the construction of the original range described in the first paragraph.
No standards in rules adopted by any state, city, or town agency for limiting levels of noise in terms of decibel level which may occur in the outdoor atmosphere shall apply to the ranges exempted from liability under the provisions of this section. Such ranges shall be prohibited from operating between the hours of ten o'clock post meridian and eight o'clock ante meridian unless otherwise allowed by the local governing body.​

The selectmen have nothing to do with the issue (i.e. the cease and desist order) at this point, although they can discuss it -- it is the zoning board of appeals that Wayne must go to.
Although I suppose the SM could ask the BI not to enforce his order.... but the BI cannot ignore the zoning bylaws, if that's what he bases his C&D on...

The selectmen have nothing to do with the issue (i.e. the cease and desist order) at this point, although they can discuss it -- it is the zoning board of appeals that Wayne must go to.
Although I suppose the SM could ask the BI not to enforce his order.... but the BI cannot ignore the zoning bylaws, if that's what he bases his C&D on...

Except that the zoning bylaws do not pertain to firing ranges. They are pulling the C&D order out of thin air in opposition to existing MA law.

I joined the the west Boylston thread on Facebook as many residents are very upset over this issue I would suggest to join for more info to see what we can do as a whole to help wayne

I joined the the west Boylston thread on Facebook as many residents are very upset over this issue I would suggest to join for more info to see what we can do as a whole to help wayne

Show up at meetings. This needs to happen with West Boylston residents.

Except that the zoning bylaws do not pertain to firing ranges. They are pulling the C&D order out of thin air in opposition to existing MA law.

This is where Wayne's lawyer comes in.

How can we support him? First, he needs to gain some support himself. Maybe he should join the West Boylston group promoting businesses in town:

(1) West Boylston Businesses Connect

He could also reach out to all his neighbors around town (most of whom seem sympathetic):
Description A group for West Boylston residents to connect,chat and ask questions. Maybe you want a recommen... See More

Also:
Get the Word Out! Our Town Wide Yard Sale set for Saturday, September 12th from 9-4. We hope ALL of West Boylston will participate - both residents and businesses alike.

Yeah I'm not a resident of West Boylston so I can't help on that front but I did start spreading the word through my social media sites to get some traffic on it

Show up at meetings. This needs to happen with West Boylston residents.

This is where Wayne's lawyer comes in.

How can we support him? First, he needs to gain some support himself. Maybe he should join the West Boylston group promoting businesses in town:

(1) West Boylston Businesses Connect

He could also reach out to all his neighbors around town (most of whom seem sympathetic):
Description A group for West Boylston residents to connect,chat and ask questions. Maybe you want a recommen... See More

Also:
Get the Word Out! Our Town Wide Yard Sale set for Saturday, September 12th from 9-4. We hope ALL of West Boylston will participate - both residents and businesses alike.

His lawyer MUST hammer them with that state law which they are violating (I posted it earlier in this thread). That is the only thing that works when it comes to arrogant town officials.

Can anyone post the actual C&D Wayne received?

Has anyone spoken with Wayne yet? Does he even know how many people are supporting him? Wayne, are you reading this?

Guys?

Someone needs to reach out. I might if I can over the weekend.

The best way for NES'ers to support Wayne is to support his business:

Wayne's Weaponry
251 Laurel St.
West Boylston Ma. 01583
508-835-3690

Hours:
Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri: 5PM-9PM
Sat: 9AM-6PM
Sun, Wed: closed

Directions:

The easiest way to get to Wayne's is from I-190:

Take the Rt 140 W. Boylston/Princeton exit (exit 5) off I-190

Go south on Rt 140 towards W. Boylston approx 1 mi to Laurel St. (its on the right)

Turn right onto Laurel and go approx 1.2 mi to Wayne's house an shop which is on the left. There's a sign that says “Wayne's” on his mail box at the edge of his driveway. The shop is approx 100yds up the driveway behind his house. Drive SLOWLY past his house as Wayne's grandchildren may be out playing

Street View of Wayne's address:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...f976a65d61f5:0x7a950a663545c2d8!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Wayne is aware of the support he is getting both on FB and here on NES. I went there last night and spoke with him.
I put him in touch with Mike at GOAL and hopefully things will get moving in the right direction.

It funny watching the reaction on FB of a certain business owner. Any mention he made regarding this issue has been removed

Good! Gotta get Wayne to join that West Boylston business promotional group. I bet 99.9% of the town doesn't even know he is there (WHAT noise?), and a bunch would go there if they knew, and MANY MORE would support him regardless.

People are smart, and WILL do the right thing, if provided correct and timely information.

... the petition was signed by a whopping 7 people. Seven people out of 7000.

Someone from the zoning board came by and scoped out the whole situation and came away wondering what the fuss was about. He then asked why Wayne never attended any of the meetings regarding the issue. Wayne told him he was never informed that there actually having meetings

My wife spoke with one of the women who actually was pushing for him to just close the range on Sunday's. She went to the meeting they had and was completely turned off by the guy heading up the petition. Said he was self righteous blowhard who would not accept anything short of a total shutdown. She's actually pretty embarrassed that it was taken to extremes.

So who is "the guy heading up the petition"? He needs to exposed and some how publicly shamed. Use the same tactics that the antis use on us, on them. Use their playbook.

This!

Is it the Pinecroft guy?

I went by Wayne's today. Someone in the pool, the garage door was open, and someone was mowing. I checked the sign, which said "Open on Sundays by appointment only". Despite me waiting a bit, nobody came to speak with me, so I just left. Noticed on the way by the gate closed with "Range Closed" sign on it.

W. Boylston has a Board of Selectman's meeting this Wednesday, 8/19/15, 6:30 PM at Town Hall on the second floor.

Wayne's Weaponry and their business are on the agenda for discussion.

If you live in W. Boylston please attend this meeting.

Currently the town has issued notice to Wayne's that he is in violation of zoning ordnance by shooting on his property.

This is interesting because he owns two pieces of property, 241 and 251 Laurel St. The shop/business which is fully permitted is on 251, the range is on 241.

The town has issued the order for the land on 241 saying it's not permitted for commercial use.

If I was attending this meeting I would be asking how the town is going to know if the use is commercial or not, I would also be asking the town how much money they are prepared to spend defending this decision as this WILL wind up in court.

If you can attend, please do so in support of our 2A and Wayne's.

Anybody on here do Facebook or Twitter on West Boylston? That, and GOAL's phone bank would do wonders to get people to the meeting. Could the NRA do a targeted phone robo-call to West Boylston numbers?

Back
Top Bottom