the town of west boylston is unbelievable

from what im hearing it was a doctor neighbor who started this. i just hate people who move into a neighborhood and want everything to change to appease them. you dont buy a home next to a farm and try to shut the farm down because of the smell. wayne has been their forever, and is the nicest guy on the planet. its not fair that some anti neighbor can move in and just screw him over.

I think it was that doctor from umass (guns are bad) doctor that was in the paper

I have never been to one but as a boy, the Norwood strip put me to sleep at night.

Skulen iz besd lefd tu teechuz.
Housing projects built across the swamp shut down Norwood. People bought the houses without looking around the area and then were surprised on Friday night.
I grew up in The Flats. I had season passes to Norwood and Epping.

I agree 1000% with Joe on this. I've seen it at clubs I've belonged to. Give an inch and they will take a mile.

MA noise law is "quiet hours" are from 10PM to 7AM, 7 days/week. No special carve-out for Sundays. There is a range noise protection law, widely ignored by local towns, but it is state law. Wasn't there the recent court case in Natick? that ruled that a range is whatever you call a range (in other words, you don't need town approval to build a range).

Have we learned nothing from our legislative battles with these people? They do not compromise. If you meet them halfway, they take it and want more until there is nothing left for you to give.

Thinking that Sunday would appease them is short-sighted and foolish. They will simply demand Saturday then complain about school nights and daycare during the week. And full moons.

These are not logical nor reasonable people: You cannot win this with a rational argument.

Not sure. Going tonight after work if I get out of work early enough and will ask!

Thanks. I know the BOS just approved the final warrant for the May ATM, and it should be posted by May 1. I am curious to see if any article is on the warrant specifically addressing the situation you have bought to light.

Thanks

If anyone gets good information that there is an article to be voted on at town meeting please email the info to GOAL - [email protected] so that they can get info out to the membership and work to vote the article down. Thanks.

This is what happened with a lot of dragstrips. They buy property near them because prices are low then get them shut down because of noise [frown]
About 20 years ago somebody built a bunch of townhouses about half a mile from New England Dragway, about 2 years later the new neighbors were bitching to the town about the noise from the track. Nothing ever came from it, I race there btw.....

My neighborhood has been complaining about the noise coming from Fiba since they moved into the neighborhood and the town says they can't do anything about them even when they are dropping 500-2000 lb steel tanks off of fork trucks onto concrete parking lots all day long right up to midnight. In the summer they run the plant with their doors open. You can hear them hammering on the tanks and operating some machine that sounds like a baby screaming at 100 decibels all night long. The town tells us there is nothing they can do...guess it depends on the type of business.

Find out who the Dr. is. They don't like bad press.

The effing Dr. must be a proctologist.....He sounds like he's an ass......hole...[rofl][rofl][rofl]

Years ago I used to live in JP right around the time when new/old money, hipster/artsy types, etc discovered the place and
were buying up property in droves.

One of my favorite hang outs was a smallish nightspot that regularly had live bands performing (Green Street Station).

It was a great little place to have a few beers, listen to live music, shoot the shit etc (and I could walk there in 5 minutes).
Then some ****wad of a doctor decides to buy a condo next door and the music and hooligan element coming and going was
too much for his sensitivities.

He would file complaint after complaint with the city about the noise, people hanging out, traffic, constantly calling the cops, etc...
anything he could think of to get the place shut down. Sure there was the occasional fighting and drinking in the parking lot,
people pissing in the bushes, etc, but what rock club at the time (even now), didn't have those problems?
Besides, it gave the place more character and an added bit of excitement. [rockon][devil]

I don't recall how long it took after his arrival (along with other new residents), before the place was shutdown,
but it eventually was.[frown]

A bunch of neighbors complained that noise has increased. They met with a selectman, the COP and the TA in early Feb but I have heard nothing since. I might take a drive over there later thus week and see what the latest is.

Silencers would solve that problem.

W Boylston used to be a farm town, not unlike Northborough and Marlborough. It has slowly over the past 30 years morphed into a haven for moonbats. It is now like a mini Cambridge or Concord.
All three of my kids went to school there through the school choice program and most of the population there have no idea about the real world at all and think the world ends at the town line.
They tried to screw with Walmart over stocking shelves at night. Walmart told them they would close the store. Walmart is the largest tax payer in the town. The town backed down.

Idiots. Biting the hand that feeds them.

I was a member of a club in the Taunton area and a neighbor had been complainimg for years about legal shooting activities. The club had their property surveyed and the dick who complained so profusely was using 6 or so acres for his horses. He even put up fences. Fargen icehole.

I was a member of a club in the Taunton area and a neighbor had been complainimg for years about legal shooting activities. The club had their property surveyed and the dick who complained so profusely was using 6 or so acres for his horses. He even put up fences. Fargen icehole.

They ever get him off the land?

i just got home from waynes. he said it was the town building and zoning inspector that told him he couldn't have a range. and he couldn't have people shooting. and thats all that was said. no meetings or anything that he knows of yet.

i just got home from waynes. he said it was the town building and zoning inspector that told him he couldn't have a range. and he couldn't have people shooting. and thats all that was said. no meetings or anything that he knows of yet.

That's cute but I can't find a damn thing in WB's zoning bylaws about firearms or shooting ranges. Other than being a bully and JBT I wonder what leverage and authority the building inspector has?

He needs to tell the building and zoning inspector to **** right off. Another official not understanding where their powers and abilities ends. Shocking, I know!

That's cute but I can't find a damn thing in WB's zoning bylaws about firearms or shooting ranges. Other than being a bully and JBT I wonder what leverage and authority the building inspector has?

He needs to tell the building and zoning inspector to **** right off. Another official not understanding where their powers and abilities ends. Shocking, I know!

I'll bet they know perfectly well that they're in the wrong (or, deliberately interpreting it their way), and are just
initiating step one on the chance Wayne doesn't know that, and hoping to intimidate him into compliance so they
can avoid any further complaints, headaches and put it to rest.

I'll bet they know perfectly well that they're in the wrong (or, deliberately interpreting it their way), and are just
initiating step one on the chance Wayne doesn't know that, and hoping to intimidate him into compliance so they
can avoid any further complaints, headaches and put it to rest.
i absolutely agree!

If he's up for it, win or lose, he needs to call their bluff.
that is my concern. he's not getting any younger, and has been talking about retiring for years now. i just don't think he has the fight in him at this point in his life. he pretty much keeps the store open to be loyal to his customers and friends. i just don't want the ANTI's to win under any circumstance. that would just boost their agenda and ego's, you know. but he doesn't seem to have the fight left in him.

That town was a great place to grow up. Wtf...

This just makes me mad. I remember shooting at Wayne's with my dad when I was a kid, it was awesome. Great guy... And this is typical of the BS that has taken hold of that town. I remember the Walmart issue, the trucks/forklifts making noise at midnight.

I bet that town is full of snowflakes now.

I pray that Sterling never turns into what WB has.

Is he still allowing people to use the range? I need to pick up some ammo and was wondering if it's worth it to load up the rifles as well. I do hope this is just the town trying to be pushy and back down if he fights them on it.

The recent sale of 1000 Goodale st to Holy Cross for a sanctuary may be driving some of this. I live nearby, and can hear the activity at Waynes, which is probably about 1.5 air miles from Waynes range to the retreat location. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they involved with this.

I used to live in Princeton and bought a few guns from Wayne. Great guy, always gave me a fair price. I just wanted to make a post, showing my support.

Back
Top Bottom