the town of west boylston is unbelievable

i was at my buddy wayne's yesterday. he owns waynes weaponery in west boylston. i was informed someone in his neighborhood started a partition to stop him from allowing his friends shoot on his land. and now the town of west boylston is trying to force him to stop shooting on his property. they say he cant have a gun range in a residential area. im a bit confused here. how is it a range? he doesn't charge any fees! he doesn't require a membership! he just allows his friends, family, and maybe some loyal customers to shoot on HIS private land. how does this make it a range? how can the town force him to stop shooting or allowing others to shoot on his private land. he told this to the town and they said they don't care and he will have to stop! can goal or comm2a help with this situation? any advice? lens?

Tell your buddy to start a petition to ban his neighbor from the town.

I have never bought from Wayne or been to his store but I have never heard anything but great things about him..With that being said if he wants to try and fight this can someone start a go fund me or something along those lines..I know we have some members that know him lets get this going if he wants to fight it

I will put in a hundred to start if we get this going

Well, cease and desist has been handed to Wayne effective today. If you go to The West Boylston Banner Facebook page there is a discussion regarding this. One guy stated they are now looking for donations to defray the cost of the lawyers. Classic

Another poster just commented Yea. Hie is the owner of a business here in town about as far away as you can get. In other threads in a town based FB page he had made complaints about noise. **** him, he'll never see another penny from me

tell him so.

Just drove by Wayne's this morning after work. How exactly is this place even an issue? It's right above route 190 and I'm sure the road noise is more of an annoyance. Not to mention the occasional jake brake from the 18-wheelers driving by.

It shouldnt be a issue. Wayne has had his place open to the public for a long time. Ive taken private classes and such up there and he never asked for a penny or even made a sales pitch to get your business. If you bought something from him or not he would let you use his land. Seen many people come and go without even stopping in the store.

Is that a "Working" dairy or just some kind of shitty ice cream stand?
Restaurant and ice cream. Don't know the place specifically, but based on their web site and the google map of their location it looks like the cows have been gone for many years.

p.s. And it's ~4 miles away as the crow flies. Any gunfire he hears is more likely to come from Worcester than from Wayne's.

Last edited:
I live in Princeton now, but I used to live in Holden, between Pinecroft Dairy and Waynes Weaponry. I can tell you that I never heard anything from Waynes, and I can guarantee Pinecroft can't either. Pinecroft is on the Holden side of 190 right at exit 4. Waynes is just before exit 5. Anyone driving North on 190 by these exits will tell you there's a big Hill at Malden/Lee streets right in between. No way you could hear it at the ice cream stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

I live in Princeton now, but I used to live in Holden, between Pinecroft Dairy and Waynes Weaponry. I can tell you that I never heard anything from Waynes, and I can guarantee Pinecroft can't either. Pinecroft is on the Holden side of 190 right at exit 4. Waynes is just before exit 5. Anyone driving North on 190 by these exits will tell you there's a big Hill at Malden/Lee streets right in between. No way you could hear it at the ice cream stand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

It is theoretically possible to have sound carry in this scenario. If you have a low hanging dense cloud layer along with specific temperature layers, it <could> act as a reflective surface for some of the energy of higher pressure sound waves.

The majority of the energy would still be subject to significant diffusion however a small portion might be audible at a distance, similar to an airliner at altitude.

That being said, the noise would be very hard to hear, and the circumstances to have it carry would be rare as well.

I think this is a case of asshats being uncomfortable with guns and the simple knowledge that people are shooting makes them poop themselves and shelter in place.

Dickmittens. One and all.

I live close to pinecroft and have never heard shots from any range. Random shots in hunting season and that's it. The owner of Pinecroft is in a band with the Neighbor of Wayne that posted in the Facebook post. Don't know where the owner lives. Research time.

I live a mile from Pinecroft and there is no way in hell you are going to hear shots from Waynes at Pinecroft dairy. Lots of wooded hills in between.

According to google maps the distance from Pinecroft and Waynes is ~3.5 miles as the crow flies, with I190 and a good deal of topography in between.

Sounds like most the town is against the C&D. That could be very positive. I dont see why some gun shots are a bad thing.. I mean it could scare off dangerous wild life and make the trail safer.

Eric and Curt Pearson own Pinecroft dairy as well as all the Bergson's restaurants.
I used to service their stores, one of them is a real cool guy, the other is a real dink.

Ahh, so that's Wayne's that I hear when I am on the rail trail. Always put a smile on my face as I went by and felt the boom from rifles vibrate through my body.

I've been going to waynes for over 10 years. Back when I was in middleschool he had a small MX track back there. I did paintball, my buddy lived 3/4 of a mile from there. When I turned 21 I bought my first firearm (Walther PPS 40cal) from him. I lived in Holden and would shoot there often, hang out after hours listening to the old people learning. I haven't been there since I moved to CT for work. I miss that place, he would let me shoot anything from my 338lapua to .22LR.
Hes been a solid guy and a mentor. I cant believe its happening. I kept my horse just 2 miles through the woods and never heard any gunshots, even when I would ride the horse down the trail behind his range the shots were muffled. I remember some BS that hikers were saying they were getting hit by ricochets and then a 9mm was found on some guys roof about a mile down the road. There are some morons that shoot at the range but that's just life, dumb people are everywhere. I just find it hard to believe somebody would shoot over the trees.

Next time I'm in town I will have to stop by. This sucks!

I haven't heard back from these arseholes, most likely won't. Has anyone else here sent them an email?
You wont hear from them. Eric Pearson, the brother who lives in town, is a pompous ass and wont care about your email. They operate both of the dairy type ice cream shops in town. The other one is Meola's, they manage this one for the Meola family who is probably the most prominent family in W Boylston.

See attached PDF for companies where the Pearson's are officers/owners. If you search each one you can get more info on them.

Attachments

• Pearson Companies.pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom