the town of west boylston is unbelievable

I had a total face palm moment today when someone replied to the GOAL email alert that this is a zoning issue, not a 2A issue.

There is a FB page called West Boylston Neighbors Connect. This subject has been discussed quite a bit with the vast opposed to the cease and desist. I would expect a decent turnout with most people backing Wayne. Of course the other side just might be being quite.
Seeing that only 7 people signed the petition I don't expect a lot of them, just perhaps more shrill about the mater.

Throw away expectations, guessing, and trying to anticipate. Now is the time to call friends and neighbors; to rally the troops on Facebook. Better to trounce this thoroughly than let something bad slip through. Not only should this be turned around, it could also be used to better the situation for Wayne.

Can out-of-towners come?

Muffler is shot, so not driving 20 minutes with the kids with earmuffs on. Please tell them (for me) that Wayne's is a FAMILY PLACE, where kids can go with their fathers and grandfathers to practice on heirloom .22's, among other things.

i was late, so I didn't catch the whole meeting. But it didn't seem like a lot was said. There seemed to be a lot of talk around what has been happening commercially on the residential property(the range), and what is deemed a commercial activity. They did say you can go there and shoot recreationally and not be violating the cease and desist order. the COP seemed pretty decent and said they wouldn't be making a trip every time there's a call about a gun shot.

At the end of the meeting i believe they just agreed to follow the existing protocol on how to deal with zoning law complaints. Seems like send notice to the inspector, if not happy with that determination they can appeal, if not happy with the appeal they can then take it to court.

- - - Updated - - -

Meeting went Very well in my opinion. Essentially the cease and desist has no teeth regarding shooting. If I get his permission I can shoot, I've never have shot there but plan on adding my lead to the backstop.

One selectman asked " If after tonight's meeting 200 people showed up at Waynes and asked to shoot and were given permission they could shoot all day long we can't stop the?

Town counsel replied. "No, nothing can be done"

My wife took ample notes and she'll compile them and I'll share later.

so when is the barbecue? i have bags of charcoal....

ETA: someone also claimed that they're making guns louder these days (or something to that effect)

Last edited:
Yea, there is at least one moron in every crowd. He had his female moron with him who redefined my understanding of commerce. I was under the impression it was the exchange of money for goods or services.. According to her there is another more nebulous definition that my teachers failed to tell me about. Honestly, I think she was speaking in tongues

must be some of that free commerce.

To be fair, she was nervous as hell. I found it comical when she said 'This isn't about the 2nd amendment! My husband grew up in Vermont and knew hunters!"
and then spit the word GOAL out of her mouth a couple of times like it was an uninvited cock.

Very good news indeed. When the town attorney speaks (town council), the hammer drops. Selectmen are want to say anything further.

And you don't want to press too hard when you've "won", but I simply can't let the feeble ol' utterance that "2A is for hunters" line to pass muster. The founders of this country, and the authors of the Bill of Rights did not mention or refer to hunting a single time. The right to keep and bear arms was a separate issue as all of you know of course. Hunting ...hunting with a firearm was a frickin' part of survival ...not even up for discussion. When moonbats, dingbats and ass-hats try to liken the two, I am compelled to respond.

Congratulations to Wayne and to those who attended the meeting, next time that I'm in that neck-of-the-woods in that Godforsaken state, I'll have to pop in for some ammo.

From what I gathered, the first Wayne heard of any complaints from this assembled group was in April, when the building inspector paid him a visit. I guess this group has been organizing since at least December, when a petition was being handed around at a Christmas party. It seems that no one ever went down to his range to speak to him and try to work it out, but rather just started the petition and escalated it to town officials. If I'm wrong, please correct me! Wayne seems pretty reasonable in trying to work out a compromise to address their concerns by voluntarily reducing range hours and adding sound barricades. I get the feeling from reading the flyer, that was posted on facebook for a very short hour back in June, their goal is not to reduce the noise, but to shut the range down completely. I should also point out that the original poster of the flyer was asking what it was about, and nothing more, as it was received in her mailbox.

Of course they're not interested in the noise aspect, they just want to shut him down... because they're probably flaming moonbats.

-Mike

I hope the group stops at the $4500 investment. It could end up like buying a lemon, many many many bills later and you get nowhere (save the $ and get your family something nice for the holidays). Nothing that Wayne is doing is illegal. The side comment I heard last night that the gunfire is so loud they cannot have conversations in their own home is absurd. If I can have a conversation with other people at the range while people are firing then how can over a mile away through woods, road, and house walls can it be so loud?
I've been on Wayne's porch hanging out while people were shooting their 30-06 on the range and it was a negligible sound.

Not to mention Wayne goes to FL around the end of December and doesn't come up until spring, there's only a hand full of people that still use his range during the winter. (Which just backs that argument that his range is not commercial and not for profit. If he lets me use it when he is in FL how the heck is that commercial?)

The best thing about last nights meeting is the lady who was speaking against the range had pages of NES printed out. I couldn't confirm but hopefully it was this exact thread. If she is reading this I politely ask those petitioners to stop these acts and let Wayne continue his life. The guy is a Vietnam Vet, he's fought for this freedom, let him have this right.

With the range protection laws Wayne could just say "deal with it" and I doubt there is much the group could do other than spend more on a lawyer. Instead he compromises and tries to be a good neighbor. They then try to shut him down completely.

If I was him I would not compromise as these people are not looking for compromise but the shutdown of the range. Compromise with people who do not know the word is always a losing battle.

So once again it shows that there is no "Compromising" with these arseholes. They are too ****ing stupid to even research the state law when they start this shit.

Post everyone of the petition signers for all to see. All seven of them!

This!

With the range protection laws Wayne could just say "deal with it" and I doubt there is much the group could do other than spend more on a lawyer. Instead he compromises and tries to be a good neighbor. They then try to shut him down completely.

If I was him I would not compromise as these people are not looking for compromise but the shutdown of the range. Compromise with people who do not know the word is always a losing battle.

And THIS!!

Wayne has already been a gentleman, and gone above and beyond. Time to be firm. These people are violating CIVIL RIGHTS, and a historical use, and a pastime for many Americans.

Looking at The Banner, there are many police log entries for "gunshots heard", so looks like a new tack is being taken. Someone mentioned that the antis have a facebook page, got links?

Back
Top Bottom