• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

the town of west boylston is unbelievable

tell me this is about noise

taken from

http://ccwestboylston.com/open-letter.html

We seekto enjoy our homes within the usual framework that single-family zoned areas guarantee. The official West Boylston website states: Find tranquility and peace of mind in West Boylston. This statement by the town represents an articulation of our constitutional right of quiet enjoyment. This is what we seek.
We seek full and complete enforcement of all West Boylston Bylaws as applied to this situation.
We seek relief from the continued noise nuisance emanating from The Almstrom Realty Trust property.

More specifically, we seekthe reversion of the property to its original usage at the time of enactment of the town’s Bylaws in 1990 and prior to the issuance of his home occupation special permit in 1993. This permit allowed him to repair and sell guns and other related items from a shop in his home at 251 Laurel Street. The family gun shooting area on his parent's property at that time at 241 Laurel Street was not sanctioned in any way by his special permit.
We seek the use of the gun firing range at 241 Laurel Street be restricted to ensure that such uses are customarily incidental to the primary use of the property as a single-family residential property.
We seek the following weaponry be prohibited by any non-owner of the property: military style weapons, semi-automatic weapons, or assault weapons capable of rapid firing, explosive targets or other binary explosive devices, high-caliber weapons, simulated automatic weapons or bump-fire stocks, and NFA weapons.
We seekthat the landowner be present to supervise all shooting on the property.
We seek that no guest shooting be allowed on the property on Sundays.
We seekthat the number of shooters at any given time on the property may not exceed four people.
We seek that shooting be restricted on the property to limited periods of time and hours.

this sucks

THEY suck.

FIFY.

Donation left. I urge anyone who knows Wayne or just cares about rights being stepped on to donate. He's a great guy with a huge heart and doesn't deserve this trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just re read their preamble. I had no idea that living in peace and quiet was guaranteed by the Constitution. Time to blockade my road from all the open pipe motorcyclist

Geez.

You should bring this up with the town. They should block that noise townwide. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. Ask them what the limit is on vehicular noise.

Oh, and ranges are protected, motorcycles are not.

Everyone should wave and say hello to the fine folks at CCWB.

This thread (and others from NES) are listed as examples.

http://ccwestboylston.com/position-paper-1.html

I grew up in an area where backyard ranges like this were common. I have been at Wayne's a few times, and when I am at the shop, the sound of gunfire from the range area is not obtrusive at all.

I support Wayne and his right to use his property how he chooses within the letter of the law.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered and I missed it but I wonder how many of these concerned citizens purchased land/homes after the range was established? If they knowingly purchased a house within earshot of the range then who's fault is that?

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered and I missed it but I wonder how many of these concerned citizens purchased land/homes after the range was established? If they knowingly purchased a house within earshot of the range then who's fault is that?

Again, this use is PROTECTED BY STATE LAW.

Last edited:
I am rather perturbed by their implication that I wished to do stupid things at Wayne's. I never said anything of the sort. I simply said I wanted to make the town meeting, but missed it due to a birthday party with my family. I asked if it was business as usual for Wayne.

Never did I say I wanted to do "stupid things" and I resent the implication that I am anything but safe with my firearms.

This forum, being on the Internet, is out there for these misguided dopes and their sycophants at the Attorney Generals office and Statehouse to see. To you , if your reading my post I say......... Come on down and shoot with us at Wayne's, you'll have a blast. Just remember to bring your earplugs, you'll need them .

You should bring this up with the town. They should block that noise townwide. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander. Ask them what the limit is on vehicular noise.

Oh, and ranges are protected, motorcycles are not.

I agree. One of your more cogent posts recently.

[grin]

I am rather perturbed by their implication that I wished to do stupid things at Wayne's. I never said anything of the sort. I simply said I wanted to make the town meeting, but missed it due to a birthday party with my family. I asked if it was business as usual for Wayne. Never did I say I wanted to do "stupid things" and I resent the implication that I am anything but safe with my firearms.
I explicitly said to not do stupid stuff to try and bother the people. I give up. I'm done

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
My name is Kelly Samia. Wayne is my grandfather. Thank you for all the concern. We really appreciate everything and everyones help. As go right now there are about 8-10 trying to get us shut down. They were down at the Rail Trail on Saturday trying to get signatures for a petition to shut us down. My grandfather would do just about anything for anyone. We are asking for your help and support. They are holding a town meeting on March 24th Thursday. Keep in mind my grandfather will not be there because he will still be in Florida until the first week of April. All we ask if for the support from friends and family. They have even put up a page on the Concerned Citizens of WB. Link is here. http://ccwestboylston.com/historical-overview.html
Please keep in mind that my grandfather is a very generous guy. If we could get as many people at that meeting for him we would appreciate it. Thank you so much. I will try to keep everyone updated on what is going on. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

I get the distinct impression that this CCWB entity is mostly the work of one douchebag, and probably a handful of klingons in the neighborhood. Everyone else in town there probably does not care.

-Mike

I get the distinct impression that this CCWB entity is mostly the work of one douchebag, and probably a handful of klingons in the neighborhood. Everyone else in town there probably does not care.

-Mike

Yep, if history is any indicator, that's probably the case. And these things snowball. The fringes start getting braver and "voice" an opinion that they were too timid to voice, or indeed may never have even cared too much about voicing. As the big "mo"mentum increases, so does the likelihood of more support however fragile and loosely held it may be. All that it takes is to level the prime mover(s) and these "movements tend to disintegrate.

For those interested here is the Selectmens meeting where this was last discussed. The topic at hand starts about 36 minutes into the video. Warning. Small town politics are boring to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelly, your Grandfather should request a postponement by Certified Mail to the Board hearing this, so that he can be present. This is normally granted for any legitimate reason and since he's in FL, it certainly is a legitimate reason.

Best of luck!

-Mike
If it is just one douchebag instigating it, throw them under the bus and publicly out them everywhere. Then gather the rest who are behind this, and out them, as well.

Yep, if history is any indicator, that's probably the case. And these things snowball. The fringes start getting braver and "voice" an opinion that they were too timid to voice, or indeed may never have even cared too much about voicing. As the big "mo"mentum increases, so does the likelihood of more support however fragile and loosely held it may be. All that it takes is to level the prime mover(s) and these "movements tend to disintegrate.
Agreed, this needs to be stopped now, if they go out to get signatures of support, our side needs to match them. They put something in the newspaper, we need to bomb that newspaper with our side. It's not just this town that is affected by this type of propaganda, we all are.

-Mike

A while back there was a proposal to build an access road for the Worcester Airport. Four local residents managed to make enough noise to shut it down. They called themselves Residents Opposing Access Road (ROAR).

In Shrewsbury, the locals keep putting Prop 2.5 override questions on the ballet until they finally get an election with a low enough turnout so they win. They did this with the Fire Department and Library.

Wayne needs to keep vigilant.

18 U.S. Code § 242 - Deprivation of rights under color of law

"Whoever, under color of any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, willfully subjects any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or to different punishments, pains, or penalties, on account of such person being an alien, or by reason of his color, or race, than are prescribed for the punishment of citizens, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if bodily injury results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include the use, attempted use, or threatened use of a dangerous weapon, explosives, or fire, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death."

Back
Top Bottom