• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Suspected active shooter investigation involving news crew

I unfortunately think it will matter, to the lawyers and lawmakers in the coming months.

Most of the spree shooters have had legal guns. It's almost actually worse that way, because then the whiners can go "see, the lawrs aren't strict enuf!!! WAAH" It doesn't matter, they will whine either way. Guy could have bought the gun on a street corner from a drug thug and they'll still bitch about having more lawrs.

-Mike

That's the take away from all of this? He was so rushed to kill her that he left the stock Glock sights in place?

Apparently. JFC, I just watched the first person video. JFC. Even with no kids, the race card not being able to be played, this is going to be huge because of the real time viewing. The fact that this is a people problem, not a gun problem, will be once again ignored.

Is that a G19? I was thinking a G26 but it looks bigger.

It's not a 26, its a 19, or 23... or a 32, but I really doubt that, probability wise.

-Mike

a good flame when he fires, probably a 23

Looks like a G17 to me. I counted 16 shots though I might have missed a couple as someone else said they counted 18.

Who gives a ****ing ****? 2 people are dead here, on live ****ing TV. Did you miss that ****ing part? We're gonna argue over what ****ing model pistol it was? JMFC

I wish I could unsee that video. Nothing would have prevented that, unless a 3rd party was on watch, scanning and armed.

I pray to God for peace for the victims and their loved ones. I also pray for a world of pain and vengeance against the cowardly piece of sh*t shooter.

Some people just butthurt all the time.

You never met me and any Nes member who has would tell you I'm the most easy going person and doesn't let stuff get to me.

You post a photo that is right before a women is fatally shot cracking a joke .
How would you feel if some one posted a photo of your wife or daughter right before she's murdered and cracks a joke about it.

You never met me and any Nes member who has would tell you I'm the most easy going person and doesn't let stuff get to me.

You post a photo that is right before a women is fatally shot cracking a joke .
How would you feel if some one posted a photo of your wife or daughter right before she's murdered and crack a joke about it.

For a photo like that, what good can you make out of it? You think i don't feel sorry for her?

I am not going to watch the video. This guy wanted people to watch what he did.

Other than the women screaming, it's not really that dramatic... that said, I don't really need to see it again. I've seen things 1000 times worse, though. Using "Bud Dwyer" as a standard, this is about a 2 with a 10 being Bud's suicide.

-Mike

Who gives a ****ing ****? 2 people are dead here, on live ****ing TV. Did you miss that ****ing part? We're gonna argue over what ****ing model pistol it was? JMFC

You can't be surprised that a gun forum thread about this shooting has a couple of posts in it talking about the model of gun used.

For a photo like that, what good can you make out of it? You think i don't feel sorry for her?

I don't know how you feel. It's just poor taste to make light of some ones death, that didn't have it coming . If it was a pov picture of a cop shooting the perp I'd be piling the jokes too.

Last edited:
Other than the women screaming, it's not really that dramatic... that said, I don't really need to see it again. I've seen things 1000 times worse, though. Using "Bud Dwyer" as a standard, this is about a 2 with a 10 being Bud's suicide.

-Mike

One cannot unsee Bud Dwyer's last act on earth.

I am not going to watch the video. This guy wanted people to watch what he did.

One thing I took away from it was how much he waived the gun around in the open in front of 3 people and no one noticed it. Then he waited for the news camera to pan over to her and that's when he shot. I understand paying attention to what you are doing, but how do you not glance up at a large dark figure that walks up and starts pointing something at you 4 feet away?

Considering how much exposure he created with it both being on line news as well as uploading a video to social media, I am really surprised that his 23 page manifesto isn't on out there, but rather a fax to a news station. That seams counter intuitive on his part.

I don't think anyone here missed that. I think the reason it's being discussed is you know the ****ing antis are going to harp about this bullshit, and it's kinda useful to have the facts straight when some douchebag walks up to you next week and starts telling you about how this guy used an "assault weapon" to kill a news reporter and a cameraman. It's useful to be able to say "No, that's not some mystical super weapon, it's just a Glock 23, that happens to be carried by thousands of citizens, police officers, and federal agents... it just happened be used by a disgruntled psycho, there's nothing extraordinary or special about it."

-Mike

One thing I took away from it was how much he waived the gun around in the open in front of 3 people and no one noticed it. Then he waited for the news camera to pan over to her and that's when he shot. I understand paying attention to what you are doing, but how do you not glance up at a large dark figure that walks up and starts pointing something at you 4 feet away?

Tunnel vision perhaps? The cameraman is focused on filming the interview and the reporter is focused on the subject.

If he had wanted to wait for the cameraman to pan over he might not have been waving the gun around for so long beforehand, though I guess maybe he figured a reaction from the on-air folks would have prompted the cameraman to turn toward them anyway.

People are always trying to get close to TV crews on live shots , to photo bomb or just to nose in,
I think after a while is common for the reporter to focus on the interview, and the camera man to zoom in on the shot to remove the photo bombers.

Back
Top Bottom